Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Boston Celtics '07-'08 Banner 17 Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=506113)

Toro 10-11-2007 02:09 PM

Re: Boston Celtics \'07-\'08 Banner 17 Thread

It's okay with me. I don't even mind people jumping on the Red Sox bandwagon this late. The more the merrier.

kidcolin 10-11-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys mind if I bandwagon the Celtics this year? I used to be a Knicks fan as a kid, but they(among other things) made me really bored with the NBA. I'd like to get back on the board. I'm a pretty huge sports fan, and would serve the bandwagon well. I await your decision.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

mets fans are allowed. yankee fans aren't. You got my approval.

34TheTruth34 10-11-2007 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys mind if I bandwagon the Celtics this year? I used to be a Knicks fan as a kid, but they(among other things) made me really bored with the NBA. I'd like to get back on the board. I'm a pretty huge sports fan, and would serve the bandwagon well. I await your decision.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

mets fans are allowed. yankee fans aren't. You got my approval.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, James hates the Yankees IIRC. Welcome aboard!

anatta 10-11-2007 03:16 PM

I know its just preseason, but my god the Celtics look good!

The thing that stands out is Ray Allen and Paul Pierce are such classy, under control, efficient ball players. This will rub off on the entire team. They will be playing "Celtic Basketball" for the first time in like 15 years.

KG also makes it look easy. I wish these guys were 5 years younger, but what can you do. I expect big things from them this year and the next.

Toro 10-11-2007 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The thing that stands out is Ray Allen and Paul Pierce are such classy, under control, efficient ball players. This will rub off on the entire team. They will be playing "Celtic Basketball" for the first time in like 15 years.

KG also makes it look easy. I wish these guys were 5 years younger, but what can you do. I expect big things from them this year and the next.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's only one thing that concerns me and it's going to sound a little ridiculous. KG is going balls to wall 110% of the time. It's a long season and I wouldn't want to see him either get injured and get worn down.

It's probably just the novelty of being on a new team with a chance to win and he'll settle into a more normal pace once the season grinds on.

James282 10-11-2007 05:24 PM

Cool - I'm in. I honestly think the Celtics will overperform many expectations because there is like no chance that Allen, Pierce, or Garnett have been playing their hardest in the last few years. You can feel their energy in the interviews. Basketball is such an emotional game that barring injury I expect big things.

kidcolin 10-11-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you happen to catch the highlights on SportsCenter? Maybe they just looked better because Stu Scott was woo'ing you with his sweet poetry slam skills.

Seriously did anyone catch that? My head exploded.

Lazy Meatball 10-11-2007 06:46 PM

Bandwagon fan here, I'm going to my first game opening night.

johnnylovescandy 10-12-2007 02:01 AM

According to the threads around here, it seems every team's home games vs. Celtics are selling out fast. NBA owners should be kissing Danny Boy's ASS right now that fans everywhere are dumb enough to dig into their near-empty wallets just to see Danny's 3-ring circus in person.

Personally, I wouldn't pay a dime to go see Boston's glorified version of the Bucks...

Toro 10-12-2007 09:13 AM

Haha, the Celtics haven't even played a real game yet and they already have haters. Oh man, this is gonna be fun.