Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Early Misc Week 5 Lines (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=512745)

MacGuyV 09-30-2007 10:34 PM

Early Misc Week 5 Lines

So I'm playing the "guess the line" game before I looked up some spreads on Pinny.

Atl +9 @Tenn - Huh, the Titans have played well thru 3 games but -9? I'm not sure the bye helps them in this case given that it's so early, they're a young team, and they had some momentum going. I figured this to be around 5 given that Atlanta has yet to really be manhandled as bad as they may be.

Dallas -10 @Buff - Now I would not be shocked to see Dallas roll up a 40 spot and expose the defensive liabilites that the Jets could not. I don't expect Dallas to take this game lightly since Wade left the organization on bad terms. But double digits on the road for a normally competetive home team hosting its first MNF game in 14 yrs seems like a lot. I thought this would be around 6.

I realize this may sound "squarish" since the Falcons & Bills happened to win today, but the whole reason I'm posting this is that I generally peg these within 2 points give or take so thoughts on these lines?

ervinsm46o 10-02-2007 12:18 AM

Re: Early Misc Week 5 Lines

Bills should be at least +7 1/2 and i think the the 10 is reasonable given the injuries that team has had and dallas' offensive explosions. One of my friends is a huge bills fan and he even said they played a wr at safety last week. They are really hurting

gringo_grinder 10-02-2007 12:28 AM

Det +3.5 at Wash FTW!

RikkiDee 10-02-2007 12:30 AM

Does anyone else see the Chi@Gb (-3) game as the ultimate BSP pick?

Chi has been struggling. Problems at QB. Farve has looked great. Etc. Oh by the way Chi made it to the superbowl last year and GB didn't make playoffs. really tempted to jump on CHI here

ervinsm46o 10-02-2007 12:34 AM

i really havent been around the sports betting forum that much...what is BSP

RichAM 10-02-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else see the Chi@Gb (-3) game as the ultimate BSP pick?

Chi has been struggling. Problems at QB. Farve has looked great. Etc. Oh by the way Chi made it to the superbowl last year and GB didn't make playoffs. really tempted to jump on CHI here

[/ QUOTE ]

like you said ... LAST YEAR

this is a new year, have u seen the chargers play? have you seen the Cardinals play? have u seen the Bears play?

GB at home is an easy win

gringo_grinder 10-02-2007 12:35 AM

SD at Den -1 looks really good too.

RichAM 10-02-2007 12:35 AM

BSP - bullsh1t pick

kdog 10-02-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BSP - bullsh1t pick

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it stands for Bar Stool Pundits. Check it out in the FAQ.

And statements like this...
[ QUOTE ]
like you said ... LAST YEAR

this is a new year, have u seen the chargers play? have you seen the Cardinals play? have u seen the Bears play?

GB at home is an easy win

[/ QUOTE ]

are a prime example of them.

I hope this GB/Chi game gets to 3.5(and it looks like it will). If it does I am all over the Bears.

willie 10-02-2007 02:10 AM

as a bears fan, there is no way i don't think gb will cover that line in a WALK.