Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Just got accepted into Ga Tech (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=286674)

dkgojackets 12-18-2006 11:33 PM

Just got accepted into Ga Tech

Whats my line from here

ed8383 12-19-2006 12:09 AM

Re: Just got accepted into Ga Tech

congrats

T50_Omaha8 12-19-2006 12:09 AM

1) Find a girlfriend quick.

2) I'm not the type personally (I go to UGA), but you should definitely consider joining a good frat. That's the only way I've seen to have a relatively normal college experience at Tech.

3) Come to Athens on the weekends for some fun so you don't blow your brains out.

4) Rocky Mountain Pizza (at Hemphill & 10th) is (or used to be) the place to booze it up underage. I think it's a little harder now, but you'll need a fake ID in Atlanta anyways. Note that you generally shouldn't try to use this ID in Midtown (why would you unless you're gay?) or Buckhead unless you know what you're doing.

*Note that if you're a nerd 2-4 don't apply.

shoxbb6 12-19-2006 12:25 AM

I have to agree with the above poster. Lots of my friends from high school went to Tech and all hate the lack of social life. Either get a fake so you can hit the bars/clubs or join a frat, or just have fun at the LAN parties.

dkgojackets 12-19-2006 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to agree with the above poster. Lots of my friends from high school went to Tech and all hate the lack of social life. Either get a fake so you can hit the bars/clubs or join a frat, or just have fun at the LAN parties.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know some people there now that advise the same thing.

DemonDeac 12-19-2006 01:11 AM

isnt the guy girl ratio at GA Tech like 70/30??

the gay

o and tech sucks

jupiterpig 12-19-2006 01:51 AM

go to football and basketball games...

Nsight7 12-19-2006 05:01 AM

I got accepted there once (ended up finishing up my BS at Arkansas though before pursuing grad study at Austin).

At any rate, my lab-mate went there and said nothing but great things. I mean yeah, 70-30 guy-girl ratio . . . but this is Atlanta and girl's are just a hop-skip-jump beyond campus (at least according to him). Explore.

cking 12-19-2006 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Find a girlfriend quick.

2) I'm not the type personally (I go to UGA), but you should definitely consider joining a good frat. That's the only way I've seen to have a relatively normal college experience at Tech.

3) Come to Athens on the weekends for some fun so you don't blow your brains out.

4) Rocky Mountain Pizza (at Hemphill & 10th) is (or used to be) the place to booze it up underage. I think it's a little harder now, but you'll need a fake ID in Atlanta anyways. Note that you generally shouldn't try to use this ID in Midtown (why would you unless you're gay?) or Buckhead unless you know what you're doing.

*Note that if you're a nerd 2-4 don't apply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much everything he said, you can some quality fakes in underground or get an out of state one before coming to atlanta. Most my friends there were not the frat kind of guys in high school, but they all are in one there as like he said, you want a chance to meet the few attractive girls there (or the groups of high school girls who go to ga tech frat parties), you have to be in a frat.

dkgojackets 12-19-2006 07:26 AM

I wasn't expecting the hot girls in the area to attend GT, but Georgia St. and Emory are right there too.