Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   HUSNG -- Ah, how I love playing OOP... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550122)

Nichomacheo 11-19-2007 09:08 PM

HUSNG -- Ah, how I love playing OOP...

Villain limps a lot and hasn't shown very much aggression.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t1270)
Button (t1730)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Button calls t10, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t80</font>, Button calls t60.

Flop: (t160) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t100</font>, Button calls t100.

Turn: (t360) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero scratches his head...</font>

Given that he's loose and passive, what is my best move for this hand? Bet and fold to a raise?

waxhax0rs 11-19-2007 09:47 PM

Re: HUSNG -- Ah, how I love playing OOP...

What lines did he take in the hands where he won your monies? Have you seen him showdown a hand? I'd prolly lead this but against the right opponent (probably not this guy, by the way you describe him) I just might peel to make it look like I'm just c-betting and giving up (to induce a bluff). Even so, this board is too scary for that so ya I'd just lead out 2/3 again. IMO.

shat4brains 11-19-2007 09:50 PM

what level is this? im bet folding a lot of the time here

[Phill] 11-19-2007 10:28 PM

There is no "right" answer - but the most right answer is to fire the turn for 200 or thereabouts imo.

cwar 11-19-2007 10:40 PM

I would be betting 120 on the flop, 100 may be your cbet size but OOP I want to charge more. I would be 240 probably folding to a raise and most likely another 240. The river is going to be the really tricky spot depending on the card Ill probably either check or bet something ridiculously small looking for value.

emKay 11-20-2007 11:52 AM

Yeah, you have to bet at least 120 on this drawy flop. And I bet fold the turn, too.

rja87 11-20-2007 12:48 PM

Definitely bet the turn, I'm not sure what hand he's calling your flop bet with where a 9 could give him a straight...but if you think that's a possiblity, he should be bad enough that his range is any low pair/flush draw/ace high so I'd definitely bet.

People_Mover 11-20-2007 02:36 PM

you all can't be serious about bet folding the turn can you? c'mon, we have TOP TOP [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I bet 125 on the flop and 330 on the turn planning to call a shove.

ChicagoRy 11-20-2007 06:19 PM

If he hasn't shown aggression or bluffed us at all and is playing very passive, you're not beating many hands that shove over your bet. You're showing a lot of strength and weak/passive players that aren't bluffing generally respect that.

Bluff % should be on the low side from what Nicho describes here imo.

As for the hand, I talked to Nicho about it on AIM, but I basically agree with cwar.

hra146 11-20-2007 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you all can't be serious about bet folding the turn can you? c'mon, we have TOP TOP [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I bet 125 on the flop and 330 on the turn planning to call a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

not vs. a loose passive opponent.