Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   All In Card Club in NYC Busted (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=57346)

Karol 03-10-2006 02:02 AM

All In Card Club in NYC Busted

Details here.

Howard Beale 03-10-2006 04:55 AM

Re: All In Card Club in NYC Busted

Do you know the average life expentancy of the clubs that keep opening? I'm wondering how anybody can feel comfortable having chips on the table knowing that if the place is busted (as it will apparently be sooner or later) you will lose that money.

Matt Williams 03-10-2006 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know the average life expentancy of the clubs that keep opening? I'm wondering how anybody can feel comfortable having chips on the table knowing that if the place is busted (as it will apparently be sooner or later) you will lose that money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, really. AC is only 2 hours away. I've never been to Foxwoods, but it's probably even closer. That and online poker; why would any decent player take a chance?

LearnedfromTV 03-10-2006 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, really. AC is only 2 hours away. I've never been to Foxwoods, but it's probably even closer. That and online poker; why would any decent player take a chance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because live poker is fun and some people have jobs. 2 hours is far.

murellus 03-10-2006 09:27 AM

it's not a surprise. aicc was too blatant with their emails...i started getting emails from them one day and they continued to send one at least once a week. i've never played there...my best guess is that they bought an email list from a now defunct club or used the email list from an email of a club that was sloppy sending emails out

mrkilla 03-10-2006 09:30 AM

All in Club was on the chopping blocks for the past month and half they just delayed the inevitable

black00gt 03-10-2006 10:31 AM

I was there. The story is accurate except that the raid occurred at 10:40 pm. During my interview, they asked me to ID the guy behind the desk and my dealer (I couldn't remember either of them). The polaroids were funny. They were either mug shot type poses or hanging out with the boys type poses.

TomBrooks 03-10-2006 01:05 PM

It's a shame that these things happen. The laws need to be changed.

20thR2a1P

The DaveR 03-10-2006 01:24 PM

I think I speak for everyone in New York when I asked, "They weren't busted yet?"

MattSuspect 03-10-2006 01:41 PM

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG, what [censored] annoying blogging. OMG.