Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   A Snowy Vacation Home.. Where Should it Be? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533567)

raptor517 10-29-2007 12:41 AM

A Snowy Vacation Home.. Where Should it Be?

Me and Jman are looking to buy a vacation house. Our first thought was Colorado.

We want to be able to go up there whenever we feel like it. Sometimes just for a few days or more to relax and have fun, sometimes for a month at a time to grind 8 hours a day and ski and relax the rest of the time, with no distractions.

We were thinking of spending something in the neighborhood of $600k, but we aren't really deadset on that.

Recently I talked to some people who've suggested other places, one being Sun Valley, Idaho, another Park City, Utah, or even Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I don't know much at all about it, but from what we found online, it looks nice. Can you help us decide on a place to buy, EDF? Maybe you have some other suggestions of just experiences in areas.

Some things we like:

Places near airports
Places near ski slopes
Places near places that deliver food
The word 'places'
Places where young people might live or vacation
Maybe some golfing, or just any other fun activities

Thanks guys.

-Me and Jman (mostly jman i suck at conveying thoughts)

yellowsub 10-29-2007 12:44 AM

Re: A Snowy Vacation Home.. Where Should it Be?

i have heard only good things about the lake tahoe area, but not rly sure where it is

Jman28 10-29-2007 12:48 AM

Now that Raptor is getting a house with another guy, hopefully everyone will stop making all those clearly untrue Raptor & Durrr gay jokes!

XXXNoahXXX 10-29-2007 01:08 AM

dear god, trade lives please.

Indiana 10-29-2007 01:11 AM

did u ever get that costa rica home you posted about 2 yrs ago or is this just another dream to get you motivated?

Fedfan691 10-29-2007 01:11 AM

Mammoth ldo.

SlowHabit 10-29-2007 01:15 AM

Denver sounds like what you're looking for.

raptor517 10-29-2007 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
did u ever get that costa rica home you posted about 2 yrs ago or is this just another dream to get you motivated?

[/ QUOTE ]

i made enough money i just decided that costa rica sucks and theres better things to do with my money than invest it in a third world country that i wouldnt end up ever visiting. i have no motivation and this isnt about building any, its about finding a comfortable place to relax.

also guys, please more info on the different locations, im not really looking for 1 word responses that i can research. i can type top 50 places to ski in google and figure those out myself. im looking for experiences, actual thoughts, etc etc. thanks!

jaydub 10-29-2007 01:20 AM

I'm looking for more gay jokes.

Edit: And this was a terrible OP and the antithesis of this forum.

ImsaKidd 10-29-2007 01:23 AM

WRT skiing I've skiied all these places.

Park City is really nice, lots of high speed lifts. I like the other Salt Lake ski resorts as well.

Sun Valley was crowded when i went there, presidents day though.

Jackson Hole I dont remember specifically, but no bad memories.