Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Summer goals (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388700)

ghostface 04-26-2007 02:26 AM

Summer goals

Ok, enough with all the "what clubs should i get" , etc threads.

Summer golf season is coming soon for people my age. I get out of school in a week and am setting some goals for myself.

Post your own if you feel like it.

I'm interning at my home course this summer so...

72 holes a week
End up with my best handicap ever at the end of the summer (<+.1)
Shoot 65 or better from men's tees or 67 or better from championship tees (previous bests are 1 shot higher for each).
Complete Level 1 books.

/brag

Evan 04-26-2007 05:41 AM

Re: Summer goals

What are level 1 books?

JTrout 04-26-2007 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are level 1 books?

[/ QUOTE ]

they're for the Professional Golf Mgmt studies. One step toward becoming a Class A PGA pro.

dvh 04-26-2007 10:08 AM

Congratulations and good luck. Level 1 is the most time intensive. I'm sure you've been told this but spend a specific amount of time each week on them and stick to it- playing catchup is a *itch

Hey_Porter 04-26-2007 11:43 AM

Damn, my goal this summer is just to PLAY. I'm studying for the bar, so I'm not sure how realistic that goal is going to be...

golfinguy5 04-26-2007 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Complete Level 1 books.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you doing this through a School that offers a PGM program? If so, which one?

Acein8ter 04-26-2007 01:05 PM

Play a minimum of once a week, practice session once a week.

Handicap to 12 by the end of summer. Need to limit the double bogey holes. For me that means working on the short game - pitching, chipping, putting.

Also learn to hit a slight draw on most shots. (I can 'work' the ball now, but an not at all consistent at it)

Durs522 04-26-2007 01:10 PM

My goals for the summer:

Break 90 consistently again
Play more than once a week
Have a more consistent short game

Good luck to everyone on their goals this season. I used to play 5 times a week and shoot in the 70s pretty consistently. I just started playing again after 3 years off, hopefully I'll find my swing again.

ghostface 04-26-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Complete Level 1 books.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you doing this through a School that offers a PGM program? If so, which one?

[/ QUOTE ]

NC State, we've had an accredited program for 4 years now and I think we are the last program the PGA is going to accredit, not sure of that tho.

ghostface 04-26-2007 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations and good luck. Level 1 is the most time intensive. I'm sure you've been told this but spend a specific amount of time each week on them and stick to it- playing catchup is a *itch

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we are technically enrolled in school over internships we have 2 work experience activites due each week over the summer. But on slow evenings in the pro shop I hope to knock out all the work.