Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Phone # vs email addy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=275353)

Jcrew 12-05-2006 01:34 AM

Phone # vs email addy

What would the average success rate be if you got a girls phone number vs a girls email address at a bar?

goodsamaritan 12-05-2006 01:35 AM

Re: Phone # vs email addy

I dunno but # is def higher

d10 12-05-2006 01:37 AM

Much higher

recondite7 12-05-2006 01:37 AM

why would you want an email?

WackityWhiz 12-05-2006 01:39 AM

for the average 2+2er...

Phone Number = 12.5% chance of boning

Email = 3.14159% chance of boning ... 99% chance that you search for her on myspace/facebook within 5 minutes of getting home.

tboss888 12-05-2006 01:39 AM

who the hell emails girls, its # or nothing

Default Name 12-05-2006 02:18 AM

Phone number is the real win, an email address is really worthless. Asking girls out through email might be the only thing worse than through AIM, which is pretty low and should be done whenever possible.

SBR 12-05-2006 02:29 AM

I prefer email. You can weed out the really crazies via facebook/msn etc. You'll also get far fewer fake emails than fake phone numbers.

nation 12-05-2006 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer email. You can weed out the really crazies via facebook/msn etc. You'll also get far fewer fake emails than fake phone numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think i've ever asked for a girl's email in my entire life. seems like a really good way of getting her to think you're nerdy. also, if a girl might give me a fake number, but if i ask for email she might give me her real one because she doesn't make one up on the spot, then i probably don't want to see her again anyways. a girl who doesn't want to meet me enough to give her real phone number probably isn't worth pursuing anyways.

milliondollaz 12-05-2006 02:48 AM

this is some sort of step function (math majors help me)

if the girl is really digging you, and you displayed a lot of value in general, the number will allow you to take it to the next level sooner.

if she thinks you're cool, but there are some NBA players at the same place, or you're not on your A game, an email address will allow you to contact her more often, and pretty much ensure she gets your message, without the desperateness of actually leaving a voicemail. there is less commitment and power struggle with email, and you can play games, generate interest. less stigma about emailing a random guy than calling a random guy.

if you kinda blew it, but had the guts to ask for her phone number anyway, and got it, then being funny and making her feel good over the phone is your only hope for an otherwise loss.

both is a killer combo