Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   flop shove with mid pair (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556953)

b33nz 11-29-2007 01:54 AM

flop shove with mid pair

villain is LAG, often 3 betting light. i stacked him once already when he 3 bet a SC and went all in with it on the flop with just a FD and undercards. his range is very wide here, but i think i still could get him to fold anything lower than QJo (like A9, TT, JT, and most likely straight/flush draws etc..)

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $501.50
Hero (SB): $1,109.50

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $36</font>, Hero calls $24

Flop: ($72) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $72</font>, <font color="red">Hero shoves</font>

RockyElsom 11-29-2007 02:11 AM

Re: flop shove with mid pair

Umm, call?

Eagles 11-29-2007 03:31 AM

Is pot standard for him? I probably call if I choose to raise 180 is way better than all in.

Dan Terra 11-29-2007 03:32 AM

minraise

obiedman 11-29-2007 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
minraise

[/ QUOTE ]

bigbabyjesus 11-29-2007 04:44 AM

It seems you a little too deep here and a shove is awkward though by no means bad. His pot bet is annoying and will make it tough to call and play poker.. but I think that's what I'd usually do. 100bb's, I'd shove all day.

quickfetus 11-29-2007 05:23 AM

I don't get it, why not just call the flop? Or bet/call a push if you must. I think shoving gets us AI with the hands that have us killed, and gets the random draws we don't mind being AI against to fold.

Disclaimer: I don't play HU Cash

Slider 11-29-2007 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it, why not just call the flop? Or bet/call a push if you must. I think shoving gets us AI with the hands that have us killed, and gets the random draws we don't mind being AI against to fold.

Disclaimer: I don't play HU Cash

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more of 3 bet pot theory than specific to hu cash. If he's 3 betting light and betting heavy on the flop, we can be calling lighter and shoving hands with decent equity against his calling range because we'll have higher fold equity when his range is wider.

HU, it's a little more flow dynamic though and a shove against a decent player is a little more transparent. I would rather call here and play postflop.