Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Getting In and Out of AP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524431)

Armadillo King 10-16-2007 05:21 PM

Getting In and Out of AP

So, I've been catching up on the Internet forums all day, and this is the first I've heard of all these scandals, so needless to say, I'm quite freaked out. Here's the situation I've ended up in:

A few days ago, Absolute Poker saw that I had an account with 8 cents on it that I wasn't using, so they credited me $10 and invited me to come back. I thought this seemed odd, since it hadn't been that long since the last time they did this (I ended up pissing it all away on AP Blackjack...yeah, I'm brilliant), but now it seems to make sense if they're losing customers at a rapid rate (gee, I wonder why).

Anyway, last night, armed with $10.08 that I really don't care about, I decide to do the most responsible thing possible...and after spending about 30 minutes rolling it up to $17 or so on a .05/.10 NL table, I sign up for the $3-plus-rebuy MTT with like 837 runners.

Long story short, I now have several hundred dollars in this account and am wondering what the quickest, least-hassle-filled way to get this money in my hands/bank account is. Complicating matters is the fact that I never deposited anything in this account, having signed up at PSO and doing their IB thing. So, now, I need to figure out a way to make a deposit, maybe play around a bit, and then get my money.

Any suggestions to make this as painless as possible? (Yes, I am American.)

j4lvlie 10-16-2007 05:27 PM

Re: Getting In and Out of AP

i'd say POST in the trades thread.. or request a check.

hallo! 10-16-2007 05:30 PM

or send it to me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

dpis 10-16-2007 06:06 PM

I've been on Abs for a while now. I am able to deposit with my CC, you will only have to deposit the minimum ($50?). Play a week, then request check withdrawal. I receive mine in about a week, no more than 2 weeks. Make sure you check the check, if drawn on canadian or other foreign bank, just make sure your bank is a major one (chase, wells fargo, etc) otherwise you may have trouble cashing it.
Dont know about a minimum hand requirement for cashing out free money though, you could e-mail them and wait a couple of days for their response.

Armadillo King 10-16-2007 06:30 PM

Posting in the trades thread sounds like a good idea...but who the crap would want AP money?

I suppose I could try depositing with my CC...what's the worst that could happen? They say no?

My bank is nowhere near a major bank though...it's a small-town, single-office-with-a-branch-in-the-grocery-store affair. They're nice enough people, though.

mother_brain 10-16-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Posting in the trades thread sounds like a good idea...but who the crap would want AP money?

I suppose I could try depositing with my CC...what's the worst that could happen? They say no?

My bank is nowhere near a major bank though...it's a small-town, single-office-with-a-branch-in-the-grocery-store affair. They're nice enough people, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the worst that could happen? In a few days this scandal really hits the fan and withdrawals quit being credited.

Cry Me A River 10-16-2007 08:14 PM

Actually depositing money on Absolute for any reason seems about the worst thing anyone could possibly do right now.

If you do, I have a friend in Nigeria who would really, really like to talk to you!

Bobo Fett 10-16-2007 08:22 PM

Paging Idi...

Cubicle 10-16-2007 08:22 PM

What about UB transfer? Pretty fast in my experience. Would be able to tell pretty fast if something was up on AP's end.

Idi the Nigerian 10-16-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paging Idi...

[/ QUOTE ]

You rang, my friend?

To the OP: You may transfer your funds to my account in order to evade detection by the diligent security staff at Absolute Poker. I will require a 5% commission in order to complete the transaction. My screen name on Absolute is "NigerianPlz", my friend.

Once you have transferred the funds to me, I will require your banking information in order to return your winnings.

Your friend,
Idi