Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   A preflop movie: KQs, 3 bets, and suicide all-ins (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514452)

jesse8888 10-03-2007 01:27 AM

A preflop movie: KQs, 3 bets, and suicide all-ins

Villain in this hand has been hard to read. I think he's a pf lag (raising stuff like KTo), but I'm yet to see him 3-bet anything preflop (in about an hour). After the flop he seems...well, unpredictable.

Hero raises UTG+1 with KQs. Folds to Villain in LP (CO I think), who makes it three bets. BB suicide all-ins for 4 bets. Hero ???. Cap is 5 bets at this fine establishment.

Edit: This is my standard 6/12 live game.

One Outer 10-03-2007 01:35 AM

Re: A preflop movie: KQs, 3 bets, and suicide all-ins

Er, my first instinct is to cap it, but we're OOP and we haven't seen him threebang yet. Just call, c/r a favorable flop and go from there.

Is this Canterbury?

jesse8888 10-03-2007 01:46 AM

No, it's artichoke joe's in the bay area.

mikeca 10-03-2007 02:33 AM

I wouldn’t cap in this circumstance. KQs is not a strong enough hand. I just call without a better read on the villains 3 betting range, but I’m sort of a nit.

KitCloudkicker 10-03-2007 10:07 AM

no dont cap.

other guy isnt folding and you cant make more off of an all-in.

jesse8888 10-03-2007 12:29 PM

I never really considered capping. I actually almost folded the hand. Does this make me nit of the day?

In actuality I called and the 3-better capped it. So now I'm OOP with K-high for 5 bets, with a suicide all in who likely has either an ace or a small pair there for 80% of the pot. All in all, a terrible situation. But was calling still the right move?

Scarmiglio 10-03-2007 05:23 PM

Calling is the right move. KQs is a pretty strong hand. If you wiff on the flop you can fold. If you catch a pair or a draw then play poker. Also - suicide all ins don't need to have good cards or even ace high. A lot of players will do this with any pair and even small suited connectors.

Hyperrrprank 10-03-2007 06:33 PM

Call for sure. With one person all-in you don't have to worry about getting caught in the middle if you hit a flop that's worth peeling a card off on. That control on how much drawing or calling down will cost you is an oft neglected but critical consideration here.

profpeebody 10-03-2007 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, it's artichoke joe's in the bay area.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the cap 5bets in most bay area rooms?

mrcunningham 10-03-2007 08:09 PM

no the cap depends on the location, either 4 or 5 bets depending.

Jesse-
I wouldn't cap this either unless this was a maniac that you'd seen 3-bet trash in the past. I would call and evaluate the flop.