Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   This time last year.... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=503255)

A_Junglen 09-17-2007 06:56 PM

This time last year....

I'm writing a bio for some magazine that I was asked to be in right now. They're asking the basics...when I started poker, biggest accomplishments, etc...

This is when it dawned on me that the progression in this game is absolutely disgusting.

This time last year I was still playing $60/$114 SNG's, I had never been on a plane (besides being adopted when I was 1), and I'm pretty sure my biggest cash was like $5k or so.

I think it'd be an understatement to say a lot has happened since. I've met tons of new friends via online poker, been to Australia, Monte Carlo, London, Vancouver, Barcelona, Dublin, Bahamas, and more - probably over 15k worth of flights. Made multiple televised final tables, two $200k+ scores, and a whole hell of a lot more.

So...where were you this time last year?

gobboboy 09-17-2007 06:57 PM

Re: This time last year....

Bankroll under 30k, put up 1/3 of it for wcoop, didn't cash in a single tournament.

Clayton 09-17-2007 07:02 PM

Bankroll maybe 4k, was playing 1/2NL on own money, got backing some time later because school was depleting bankroll every 6 months.

Was still taking classes.

Played 1 WCOOP event.

Bond18 09-17-2007 07:03 PM

Bankroll like 20k, played some WCOOP, failed miserably. Was incredibly bad at poker. Back at school in Milwaukee.

Superfluous Man 09-17-2007 07:03 PM

Then: losing a flip to bust out of wpt borgata main event

Now: probably losing a flip to bust out of wpt borgata main event at some point in the next 3.5 hours.

Serious response: Was in grad school and miserable, a 3/6 NL grinder with occasional donkament scores, and I had moved down from 5/10 and 10/20 after getting crushed and being underrolled and nitty. At this point last year I was in the middle of a 50k downswing too.

Now I'm robusto, thanks staking people!

stealthmunk 09-17-2007 07:05 PM

I was actually in jail at this exact time last year.

KneeCo 09-17-2007 07:05 PM

Moved to Kingston for Law School, hating high Ontario rent + Law School tuition, fairly certain my playing peak had passed me by.

mastr 09-17-2007 07:06 PM

stealthmunk they fk u

Crazy Porto 09-17-2007 07:07 PM

first poker game on xbox live .. so much fun to look back at btw

And a few months later on Party dep 200$ and played 100NL buying in for 50 with the handranks written on paper.

what a year it was [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

sirio11 09-17-2007 07:08 PM

I'm happy for you Adam, Gobbo, Bond et all. I've had the opportunity to talk a little with you guys and you seem to be genuine nice guys. Pretty impressive results these last 12 months.

Me, I was surviving variance, today I'm still surviving.