Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   BB, K 7 off defense? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=42932)

dcarlc 02-21-2006 08:07 PM

BB, K 7 off defense?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed)

I post in BB, first hand I play at table, Villian I do not recognize.

FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero?

Thoughts on all streets please.

Nick C 02-21-2006 08:15 PM

Re: BB, K 7 off defense?

I think you should fold to the turn raise.

I might've folded preflop, but I think calling is all right.

I like the flop checkraise.

ShakeZula06 02-21-2006 08:19 PM

folds. I'd prefer a c/c to the river UI unless an Ace hits. Obviously if we make 2 pair or trips c/r that street

dcarlc 02-21-2006 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting better than 7-1 to call turn? Fold river UI?

giant sand 02-21-2006 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think once you call the turn you have to see a showdown. Given that villain is unknown, and you're heads up, I don't think a call down is out of the question here (but I admit folding is probably best). The advantages of calling down is that you'll get some info on the villain at the expense of 2BB - provided, that is, you lose the pot.

ShakeZula06 02-21-2006 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

7-1 isn't good enough to draw out on if that's what your saying (we have 5 outs to 2 pair and trips making it 9 to 1) and on a calldown we only have 4 to 1 (his river bet and your call).

This is the reason why I said I don't like teh c/r. Your building a pot where you can likely 1)not see a showdown 2) End up getting raised on the turn making you fold a decent sized pot correctely.

Calling down from the flop requires 2.5 BB maximum, where as here when we raised it has already cost us 2 BBs and are still 2 BBs from the SD.

dcarlc 02-21-2006 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

7-1 isn't good enough to draw out on if that's what your saying (we have 5 outs to 2 pair and trips making it 9 to 1) and on a calldown we only have 4 to 1 (his river bet and your call).

This is the reason why I said I don't like teh c/r. Your building a pot where you can likely 1)not see a showdown 2) End up getting raised on the turn making you fold a decent sized pot correctely.

Calling down from the flop requires 2.5 BB maximum, where as here when we raised it has already cost us 2 BBs and are still 2 BBs from the SD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well put. I like alot of your points.

dcarlc 02-21-2006 08:53 PM

Results

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 12.16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kc 7d (three of a kind, sevens).
MP has Qs Qc (two pair, queens and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.16 BB. </font>

I got lucky and won a nice pot. He was not to happy. But I appreciate the responses. I play alot of hands to fast and to far.

Thanks