Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   omg, raising war! (verylowcontent) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=368885)

Big Limpin 03-31-2007 06:34 PM

omg, raising war! (verylowcontent)

this is so rare to see..the purebred donkey's limit poker cap predraw + cap postdraw bluff [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Limit 5 Card Draw ($1/$2) (converter)

Hero ($59.15), Seat 9
BB ($7.50), Seat 10
Button ($12.30), Seat 3

Hero posts $0.50. BB posts $1.

Hero is SB with [Jh Kh 6c Js Jd]

Round 1: (1.50 SB)

<font color="green">Button calls. </font><font color="red">Hero raises. </font><font color="#666666">BB folds. </font><font color="red">Button raises. </font><font color="red">Hero raises. </font><font color="green">Button calls. </font>
Hero discards Kh . Button takes 1.

Hero has [Jh 5s 6c Js Jd]

Round 2: (4.50 BB)

<font color="red">Hero bets. </font><font color="red">Button raises. </font><font color="red">Hero raises. </font><font color="red">Button raises. </font><font color="green">Hero calls. </font>

Pot: (12.50 BB - $25)

Results: (in white)

<font color="white">Pot: $25, (including rake: $1.25)

Button shows [ 8C,9D,7D,10C,7C ]
Hero shows [ JH,5S,6C,JS,JD ]
</font>
wow. this guy CAPPED IT! was i going to fold [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 1/2 limit

Poisoned 03-31-2007 06:56 PM

Re: omg, raising war! (verylowcontent)

boo. i play 1/2 limit and i never see anything like that

but you have a read to 3bet the jacks?

ChuckyB 03-31-2007 08:08 PM

Stupid I-don\'t-play-draw-often questions

Why discard the K instead of the 6?
Is villain more likely to hold one?
Is it pretty much irrelevant when trying to fill with the trips already in hand?
Does anyone draw 2 for quads here, or is that too transparent?

Poisoned 03-31-2007 08:22 PM

Re: Stupid I-don\'t-play-draw-often questions

[ QUOTE ]
Is it pretty much irrelevant when trying to fill with the trips already in hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

villain is much more likely to hold a king than a 6, so its a slightly improved chance to go for the lower card over time

drawing 2 makes it too transparent, and wont get proper value out of 2 pair for the most part.

edit: and really, it doesnt make much a difference which you choose. lets see if i remember right. having trips and drawing one you are 7% to improve, drawing 2 is 10% only due to the extra quad draw. the times you et paid off drawin 1 by 2 pair or even 1 pair putting you on a missed draw makes up for it

FoldYourLife 03-31-2007 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

villain is much more likely to hold a king than a 6, so its a slightly improved chance to go for the lower card over time

[/ QUOTE ]
What villain holds is irrelevant. You aren't getting a card that he discards, so it makes no difference which card you discard. I always hold the higher card just so I don't have to think about deciding which one to discard. If I'm missing something here, somebody please let me know [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].

VickreyAuction 03-31-2007 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What villain holds is irrelevant. You aren't getting a card that he discards, so it makes no difference which card you discard. I always hold the higher card just so I don't have to think about deciding which one to discard. If I'm missing something here, somebody please let me know [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the idea is that if he's more likely to have a king, then there's less of a chance that there are 3 kings in the deck and so less of a chance that you'll pair your king.

Poisoned 03-31-2007 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if hes capping predraw (lets assime hes not this guy though) how many hands does he hold where he owuld hold a king, as opposed to a six? dont really care to list em individually, but the king is going to be in more hands then a random low card

FoldYourLife 03-31-2007 09:56 PM

Yeah, that is true. I'm going to discard the K in this situation from now on, but the difference should be extremely negligible.

Poisoned 03-31-2007 10:00 PM

any edge helps

forhasta 04-01-2007 11:47 AM

this doesnt happen that much at 1/2. What i'd like to know biglimpin is how you felt confident enough to 3 bet the JJJ postdraw. After his raise I'd put him on a made draw (even though he was willing to cap predraw), or higher trips, or made full house.