Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   $11, KK- enduce squeeze? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549356)

chrismystero 11-18-2007 10:53 PM

$11, KK- enduce squeeze?

no reads.

given the stacks here in the blinds, should i call here to enduce a squeeze attempt, or are the stacks not right. Is enducing a squeeze to risky? etc. Or should I just push and forget about getting creative?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 (t10950)
CO (t4495)
Hero (t8686)
SB (t5945)
BB (t7405)
UTG (t12470)
UTG+1 (t10420)
MP1 (t25526)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t1200</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ??

jonnyd 11-18-2007 10:54 PM

Re: $11, KK- enduce squeeze?

no real need to induce anything here. not many will squeeze a UTG raise

JesseB_11 11-18-2007 11:21 PM

When ppl raise UTG, they usually are going to call a shove, push.

chrismystero 11-18-2007 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not questioning UTG folding if I shove, I'm fairly confident he will call.

What I am asking is if it could be more +EV to enduce one of the Blinds to attempt a sqeeze and get a 3 way big all in pot holding Kings.

JesseB_11 11-18-2007 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I am asking is if it could be more +EV to enduce one of the Blinds to attempt a sqeeze and get a 3 way big all in pot holding Kings.

[/ QUOTE ]

ppl dont squeeze as much as you think

jonnyd 11-18-2007 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ppl dont squeeze as much as you think

[/ QUOTE ]

especially in an $11.

if they "squeeze" its just going to be because they are pushing for value, not because they think they have added fold equity thanks to your flat call

chrismystero 11-18-2007 11:35 PM

Alright, I can agree with the two statements above that people rarely, rarely squeeze for the sake of "squeezing" in an $11.

Hypothetically, if this were say, a $300 buy-in, generally speaking, could you try to enduce a squeeze here, or is it still just a shove?

omg im l337 11-18-2007 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I can agree with the two statements above that people rarely, rarely squeeze for the sake of "squeezing" in an $11.

Hypothetically, if this were say, a $300 buy-in, generally speaking, could you try to enduce a squeeze here, or is it still just a shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

people will see through that in a 300 mtt. I still push.

edit; What im trying to get at is that most people at the higher stakes mtt, if not all, can see through someone calling with 1/7th of their stack that they have a big hand. What is more sneaky is pushing all in a decent amount. Push in higher mtts and call more in lower mtts imo.

OrrLives 11-19-2007 08:09 AM

Reraise the pot!! Give yourself a chance to stack a TT-QQ, AK hand.

The only time I ever just call with AA or KK is when I know a player behind me is super aggressive and will 3-bet very, very light (which is rare). I will also just call if the original raiser will almost always continuation bet and call a raise (which is rare).