Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Girlfriend vs. Random Hooksup (kinda long) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=480005)

Gugel 08-17-2007 03:42 PM

Girlfriend vs. Random Hooksup (kinda long)

Here’s some background: I’m 21 years old and just graduated college. I’ve been dating a girl for 3 years and our relationship is great. We’ve lived together for a year and half. We obviously have the occasion minor disagreement, but we never yell at each other and every disagreement has resolved itself in a few hours.

Anyway, the vast majority of guys I talk to tell me I’m missing out on my youth. I should be banging random girls left and right. There seems to be an element of “guy culture” that promotes extreme promiscuity as a desirable goal that EVERY guy should strive for. It’s like, when you are 25 and below and you have to make a decision between having a stable girlfriend vs. [censored] random girls, you should take the latter. I just don’t understand why people insist that’s the way to go. I assure you that I am much happier and have sex much more often with a stable girlfriend than if I were trying to get with lots of random girls. People seem to understand this…yet…they still try to insist that I should “live up my youth”.

Also, since most people end up settling down with one woman, it seems like it the best long-term strategy. So why not do it now!?

While hooking up with random girls occasionally isn’t inherent a bad strategy, it annoys me that it is often considered by far the optimal strategy for young guys.

___SK___ 08-17-2007 03:44 PM

Re: Girlfriend vs. Random Hooksup (kinda long)

its not just 25 and under.

Thremp 08-17-2007 03:46 PM

Gugel,

You probably eat the same flavor of ice cream all the time?

DrewDevil 08-17-2007 03:46 PM

If you're happy with your GF and your sex life, then F the haters.

If you want different sex or new pussy, now's the time to get it, cause once you get married, you're not likely to have a wife receptive to the idea of you banging random sloots.

mason55 08-17-2007 03:47 PM

just depends on the type of person you are.

some people never [censored] random girls all the time and are always in a relationship.

some people are never in a relationship, until the day they die.

some people [censored] lots of random girls then settle down.

like so many posts in OOT, i don't understand why this is difficult

Gugel 08-17-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just depends on the type of person you are.

some people never [censored] random girls all the time and are always in a relationship.

some people are never in a relationship, until the day they die.

some people [censored] lots of random girls then settle down.

like so many posts in OOT, i don't understand why this is difficult

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to me that people think you need to [censored] lots of random girls before you can settle down. Your sex drive is like an insatiable appetite though. If you have sex with more girls, it doesn't necessarily make you want to settle down more.

timex 08-17-2007 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I assure you that I have sex much more often with a stable girlfriend than if I were trying to get with lots of random girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can ever get Ansky girls, I'd bet against this.

Triumph36 08-17-2007 03:51 PM

Gugel,

most people are genuinely confused that you are not them. they fail to understand this.

do whatever you want - who cares. a good way to waste one's youth is to worry about whether you're wasting your youth.

hamsamich 08-17-2007 03:53 PM

gugel
I did what you are doing to an even greater degree. I met my wife when I was 15 and never even dated anyone else. I am now married with two children and will be 37 in November and I don't regret having lived my life this way.

Yea...A lot of my buddies ran around sticking anything that stood still long enough and they have plenty of stories to share at the local bar or fishing hole, but it doesn't bother me.

Also, I have a few friends that got 'those' phone calls from past triumphs, which is something I NEVER have to worry about.

It's really a matter of personal preference I think. If you know now that in 5 or 10 years you will be kicking yourself for not having sampled life a bit more then you really need to do some soul searching. Otherwise I believe banging chics just so you can say you did is not worth it in the long run.

Yes. I am 37 years old and have banged ONE chic my entire life. Flame away.....lol

bobman0330 08-17-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
most people are genuinely confused that you are not them

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really good.