Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Comps at the Wynn (and/or Vegas in general) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556048)

muxplust 11-30-2007 03:15 PM

Re: Comps at the Wynn (and/or Vegas in general)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was there this weekend and the guy sitting next to me asked if I had a card, I said no, and he just flagged down a floor guy who took my license and came back with a card 10 minutes later.

The regular said that if you ask the right floor people they'll let you go negative on your comp balance, but I don't really know who that is or how well that would work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that saturday afternoon on a 8/16 ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, Thursday at 1/3. The day when there was a dude sitting at a 2/5NL table with a sick stack of 24 grand (although if I heard correctly he was there for more than one day).

I started writing up a small Vegas trip report, but I'm kinda lazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

uncapped NL buy in at the wynn, i bought into 1/3 NL at the wynn once for 10k b/c some total lagfish had about 8k on the table ...

can't tell how much anyone is up just bc of a big stack at a wynn nl game

edit: lagfish went broke in about 6 hrs, i got 65% of it

chekraze 11-30-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They can make the card for you in the poker room. You get much more than the $1/hour, basically as long as your clocked into a game you get a daily $20 food comp which should cover two meals a day in the poker room and I am fairly certain you can use that towards the buffet. Just ask a floor or chip runner for the comp before heading to the buffet, the $1/hour might cover the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow - this is eye opening. I had no idea they would be this liberal if you are just sitting and playing. Last month when I was there a weeknight buffet was about $36 with tax. But if the game is good then the $20 of comped food while playing is great.

chekraze 11-30-2007 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All good info. I'll be playing and staying at the Wynn Friday and Saturday. I'm looking forward to getting my revenge on the 1/3 or dabbbling in the 2-5. Those 3 dollar chips confused the hell out of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I'm half decent at math and also noticed the same thing. On c-bets and flop bets I just had trouble quickly figuring out my bet amount as I usually would. Finally go the hang of it as I was leaving.

chekraze 11-30-2007 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fwiw the salmons are perfect for the floor toke. $3 gets you $20. I would always just hand the floor my card, holding a salmon between my thumb and the card, and ask for either zooza or buffet comp. From my first day in the room I had a 100% success rate w/ this strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line and will try it next time. Would you say you were considered a regular? What is zooza? buffet worth more than $20 there an if they can give you th eline pass to boot then it's even better.

StevieG 11-30-2007 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What is zooza?

[/ QUOTE ]

Zoozacrackers is a deli in the Wynn.

Here's a review from City Life: Zoozacrackers does the old-school deli with an upscale touch

The Rat Pack 11-30-2007 06:30 PM

uncapped NL buy in at the wynn, i bought into 1/3 NL at the wynn once for 10k b/c some total lagfish had about 8k on the table ...

edit: lagfish went broke in about 6 hrs, i got 65% of it

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?? 10K seems a lil nuts for a $3 BB. Were people buying if for $200 still at your table when you are rocking a $14k stack?

that_pope 11-30-2007 06:50 PM

Why does his stack size matter if you are buying in for $300...your decisions shouldn't change...

jjshabado 11-30-2007 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was there this weekend and the guy sitting next to me asked if I had a card, I said no, and he just flagged down a floor guy who took my license and came back with a card 10 minutes later.

The regular said that if you ask the right floor people they'll let you go negative on your comp balance, but I don't really know who that is or how well that would work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that saturday afternoon on a 8/16 ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, Thursday at 1/3. The day when there was a dude sitting at a 2/5NL table with a sick stack of 24 grand (although if I heard correctly he was there for more than one day).

I started writing up a small Vegas trip report, but I'm kinda lazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The staff said he bought in for 1K. Sick.