Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   THE GREAT PARTY PRO GENOCIDE (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=83365)

STOPRAKEGREED 04-09-2006 06:22 PM

THE GREAT PARTY PRO GENOCIDE

In the last few months, party's rake in 6 max has gone from up to 2 typically to up to 3 typically. The number of 6 maxes has gone from 10% to >80%. This is a quadruple poison pill. Rake increase for you for two reasons. Rake increase for your "fish" for two reasons. i.e. up and down the food chain. Basically, party is taking about 300,000 more in drop every day. You can feed 1000 pros with that. 1000 pros just got their Party pink slips. WAKE UP PEOPLE. (Rake back only mitigates one out of four of this quadruple poison pill.)

o0mr_bill0o 04-09-2006 06:24 PM

Re: THE GREAT PARTY PRO GENOCIDE

yawn

Gildwulf 04-09-2006 06:25 PM

Don't call it a genocide.

tufat23 04-09-2006 06:25 PM

huh? someone translate this... into any language

Our House 04-09-2006 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the last few months, party's rake in 6 max has gone from up to 2 typically to up to 3 typically.

[/ QUOTE ]
Way to stay on the ball. I think that happened about 7 months ago and it only took one day to take effect.

Canard 04-09-2006 06:28 PM

When will the UN send troops to Gibralter to intervene?

IggyWH 04-09-2006 06:28 PM

Just play on WPX... and be sure to make 5 new threads when you do to let us all know it's rake free.

STOPRAKEGREED 04-09-2006 06:29 PM

OK. point taken.

STOPRAKEGREED 04-09-2006 06:29 PM

I've been looking at it.

junglewarfare 04-09-2006 07:17 PM

I don't get what I am supposed to do, is there some place I can play where there is no rake?

Jordan Olsommer 04-09-2006 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't call it a genocide.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's worse than genocide - it's like we're paying to go to the showers!*

*this is a joke. If you do not know the statement to which it refers, it's probably better that way.

NLSoldier 04-09-2006 07:33 PM

why the hell did this thread get moved instead of locked/deleted?

STOPRAKEGREED 04-09-2006 07:37 PM

Good question. Why should it be deleted though?

Arnfinn Madsen 04-09-2006 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems it was moved to NVG and then back here [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

STOPRAKEGREED 04-09-2006 07:41 PM

It's the amount of rake that a live one pays now. It's enormous. A break even player is going to now be losing 1k a month. He'll stop playing online. A live one will lose 2k instead of 1k every month. He'll stop. You can't take an extra 300k a day off the tables and not have it hurt every pro deeply. If the guys you often beat are guys who try to step up from lower limits, they have no shot now. The bottom four limits are unbeatable basically. Play 6 max 2-4 for an hour. THE HORROR. THE HORROR.

MicroBob 04-09-2006 07:47 PM

that's good that you figured that out.

perhaps you will want to consider not playing there if their structure is not to your satisfaction.

STOPRAKEGREED 04-09-2006 07:51 PM

What exactly does this add? Of course I am considering it. I basically already have decided to quit the site. Full Tilt is of course just as bad. I love short, but when did 6 max become the default? When Party decided that they wanted to rape the games, not just rake them.

Synergistic Explosions 04-09-2006 07:53 PM

They only raked about a billion last year. That's not even enough to fund one day of democracy in Iraq.

Arnfinn Madsen 04-09-2006 07:56 PM

http://www.state.gov/cms_images/2005...n_vote_600.jpg

Unfortunately, Gibraltar (UK) vetoed, so the genocide continues.

Gregatron 04-09-2006 07:57 PM

Wow. I never thought about it like that. Comparing what Party is doing to their rake to what happened at the hands of Nazis in Germany in the 40s or by radical Hutus in Rwanda and Serbs in the Balkans in the 90s is very apt. Party Poker is obviously committing crimes against humanity. Dikshit should go on trial immediately as a war criminal.

I have never, to my recollection called anyone a name on this message board. Until now: you sir, are a [censored] idiot.

Dids 04-09-2006 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems it was moved to NVG and then back here [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF. This got moved to NVG? That's like... silly.

Leader 04-09-2006 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly does this add?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this thread add? Nothing. You're just a troll that likes to bitch to people that have no say in your little problem. Why don't you waste your time complaining to the sites instead of cluttering the forum with your [censored].

STOPRAKEGREED 04-09-2006 08:00 PM

Why does it offend you such?

Arnfinn Madsen 04-09-2006 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just annoying that you shout and start senseless threads and haven't been banned yet.

STOPRAKEGREED 04-09-2006 08:05 PM

You call people names. Maybe you should be banned. Or maybe you work for noparty poker.

Synergistic Explosions 04-09-2006 08:37 PM

I don't think anyone who knows what rake is still plays at a site that charges rake. Do they?

jemenz 04-09-2006 08:58 PM

wsex.com Rake free poker, free tournament vig also. Only about 1000 players on the site though.

craig 04-09-2006 09:00 PM

I wish this was my forum. It is 3 clicks away. Like quitting smoking and your roommate smoking in his room. So close. I actually dislike this guy more than before since now I want to smoke.

craig

STOPRAKEGREED 04-09-2006 09:03 PM

What is wrong with telling it like it is?

craig 04-09-2006 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is wrong with telling it like it is?

[/ QUOTE ]

People don't need to be "told" something. And even if they did you are pretty bad at it. If you are going to talk to people you should quit with the caps and 2+2 (buy a book first).

craig

p.s.Why don't you PM me and tell me what site or company you work for please.

MicroBob 04-09-2006 09:07 PM

Nothing. But you are starting new threads on a topic that has been covered over and over again.

Everybody here already knows that the rake on party is not favorable.

Also - some people like 10-handed games and others prefer 6-handed games.
The 6-handed games have been especially popular lately and Party has made more tables to meet demand.
It is true that they likely are not unhappy about this development as it does provide them with more rapid rake accrual.

STOPRAKEGREED 04-09-2006 09:10 PM

Yes they do need to be told something. And what do books have to do with it? Everybody has books.

junglewarfare 04-09-2006 09:14 PM

SRG,

Without taking rake, where will a site get the money to advertise and bring in new fish? Party is pretty good at bringing in fish.

STOPRAKEGREED 04-09-2006 09:17 PM

I doubt that they have grown much lately. I don't see many of the total TOURISTA types that used to be on.

jman220 04-09-2006 09:17 PM

Poll On Banning

[ QUOTE ]
You call people names. Maybe you should be banned. Or maybe you work for noparty poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

JOEL_ 04-09-2006 09:17 PM

Your barking up the wrong tree.
You see, we already know.
But, I am sure there are many other forums out there on the internet that have not heard about the rake rape.
Do justice to your promotional skills and kill rake rape where they don't know rake rape exists.
We know.

Our House 04-09-2006 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SRG,

Without taking rake, where will a site get the money to advertise and bring in new fish? Party is pretty good at bringing in fish.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or pay to maintain the site. Or pay for methods to prevent collusion. Or pay for methods of bot detection.

After playing on WSEX for 4 days, I've realized that the people who complain about Party's software have some HUGE balls.

STOPRAKEGREED 04-09-2006 09:24 PM

Let's be clear. It's not just the rake we pay. It's the rake that the live ones pay just as much.

Leader 04-09-2006 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we all know all this already. So it's a waste of time.

JOEL_ 04-09-2006 09:33 PM

Party does a good job, no one is saying they don't.
Some people are fed up(I'm one of them)for being overcharged for a service that could be a tiny fraction of what they charge for their great advertising skills.
There is no way to combat this without competition so instead of putting down their service charge they put it up.
To defend party just because they are experts on advertising I think is plain silly at this moment in time.