Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   in same line as very rude customer, ratemyplay (long with cliff notes) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=76788)

Jules22 04-01-2006 07:12 PM

in same line as very rude customer, ratemyplay (long with cliff notes)

this post is inspired by the guy who is horrifically rude to the olive garden waitress

3 years ago (yes this actually happened 3 years ago, not yesterday [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) i was in line at a subway. i was very very hungry, as i had just put in a long day doing vacuum cleaner demonstrations (i was a vacuum cleaner salesman). the day was going pretty good as i had closed a pretty good deal earlier, but it was a tough close so it was late and i was ravenous.

unfortunately the lady in front of me was being quite the bitch. subway had some chicken parm sandwhich that had just come out like that day, and none of the employees knew the "default specs" or whatever was supposed to come on it. so this high school age girl, who was btw not unattractive, and i was only 19 at this time so this probably weighed in on my future actions, is trying to ask her what she would like on her sandwhich. This pissed the lady off pretty bad, and she let the worker know she was very upset that she couldnt have a default sandwhich. Some other worker comes over and she started chewing him up and down about not knowing how to make a sandwich right and etc. I am about to pass out from hunger at this point, and after this lady goes "HOW HARD IS IT TO WORK IN A SANDWICH SHOP ANYWAY?!" that was enough for me.

"Excuse me ma'am, but i believe you are being VERY rude! All this poor girl asked it what you wanted on your sub, she even told you the basic ingredients (breaded chicken cutlets cheese and spaghetti sauce i think), and you are raising your voice in a totally inappropriate manner!"

"HOW IS IT ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS?!" she yelled back at me.

at this point, i could not have been any more fed up.

"How unhappy is your life, for you to get so worked up over NOTHING? Is your life really that awful that you have to resort to acting like this, you are a grown woman i think you need to cut it out it is totally inappropriate."

the lady looked pretty hurt by what i had said. she said WELL I AM NEVER COMING BACK HERE or something of that nature and stormed out. the subway team thanked me profusely (altho i still had to pay for my food lol) and i ate it and left in a pretty unremarkable fashion. should i have just kept to myself in that spot? would i have said anything if she was yelling at an ugly girl, or a dude? what do you guys think?

CLIFF NOTES
in line about to faint away of hunger
lady is holding up line with bulls***
i let her know she is on some bulls***
she storms out offended
i get kudos, eat and leave pretty self satisfied at the time
thoughts?

d-baggery 04-01-2006 07:14 PM

Re: in same line as very rude customer, ratemyplay (long with cliff no

mmm...cutlets.

billygrippo 04-01-2006 07:15 PM

nh

Gildwulf 04-01-2006 07:20 PM

Yea, but how much did you tip?

gamblore99 04-01-2006 07:25 PM

Re: in same line as very rude customer, ratemyplay (long with cliff notes)

nice.

crackhead 04-01-2006 07:51 PM

nh sir!!!

surfinillini 04-01-2006 07:52 PM

yea, most old lady's are unhappy...your story just validates that

Trouthunter 04-02-2006 10:30 PM

I would have done the same thing. Good call.

27offsuit 04-02-2006 10:35 PM

C'mon, we know you fu*ked the subway chick....

tagtastic 04-02-2006 10:40 PM

Is this one of those "I was actually the villain" reverse posts?

nation 04-02-2006 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C'mon, we know you are still a virgin

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

HubertCumberdale 04-02-2006 10:43 PM

f'in weak, nashun. f'in weak

bigscore 04-02-2006 10:46 PM

I like it. I may have done the same thing if I was that hungy. As far as a guy/ ugly chick:
Let guy fend for himself.
Girl- say something

Tony_P 04-02-2006 10:50 PM

OP,

Good play.

Spladle 04-02-2006 11:25 PM

I probably would've taken a more sarcastic line, but your play was fine.

yellowjack 04-02-2006 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at this point, i could not have been any more fed up.

"How unhappy is your life, for you to get so worked up over NOTHING? Is your life really that awful that you have to resort to acting like this, you are a grown woman i think you need to cut it out it is totally inappropriate."

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I had the ability to come up with something as effective as this against villain while being as angry as OP describes. Just once.

ilya 04-02-2006 11:33 PM

You wouldn't have done it if it was a guy but you still woulda done it if the girl had been ugly.

yasher 04-02-2006 11:51 PM

Jules rules.

He def woulda said it to a guy.

He prolly woulda said it to the hot chick.

And chances were about 100% that he was high when this occured.

A number of us have trained for years to have the wit to say things like this to people, on the spot. Who knew beat wars could be so useful?

Jules has had sex with more women than most men have spoken to... but he also lives by the credo its all pink in the middle.

Overall, a very good man.

yasher

mason55 04-03-2006 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

Good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

If only there were a cell phone to smash...

surfinillini 04-03-2006 12:21 AM

those cheap [censored] should've given you a free 6-inch at least

[censored] [censored]

Alobar 04-03-2006 12:22 AM

well played sir, well played.

I especially like the manner in which you talked to her. It was very intelligent and honestly was like how a grown up would talk to a child, which coming from someone much younger than her, must have been incredibly condesending and waaaay more effective than "yo you fat bitch, quit being a stupid [censored]".

Good stuff

neuroman 04-03-2006 01:22 AM

I would have worked a fat joke in there somewhere (especially if the bitch wasn't actually fat) but otherwise good play.

DarkForceRising 04-03-2006 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have worked a fat joke in there somewhere (especially if the bitch wasn't actually fat) but otherwise good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as no other overnourished folks were present, a fat remark would be mandatory. Even if she wasn't fat because, most likely, she thinks that she is. Nothing against "vast" people but sometimes you gotta hit 'em where it hurts the most.

The "c" word is much more effective than "bitch", too, as many women almost consider "bitch" a compliment. However, with other females around, the "c" word probably isn't a great idea.

[censored] taking the high road and being mature about it. Give people like this something to remember.

All in all, though, good job.

Bulldog 04-03-2006 09:57 AM

Excellent work.

Hopey 04-03-2006 10:18 AM

Great story. I've been in similar situations as this, but have always bitten my tongue and then regretted it for the rest of the day.

Peter Harris 04-03-2006 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
those cheap [censored] should've given you a free 6-inch at least

[/ QUOTE ]

OP was focussed on giving the high school sweetie a free go at his 6-inch (at least, OP)

nice work sir, it was chivalrous of you to defend someone who would be forbidden from defending themselves.

Dids 04-03-2006 12:28 PM

"subway had some chicken parm sandwhich that had just come out like that day"

I'd swear this came out last year. Unless that wasn't the first time.

I once walked out of Subway because I was so grossed out by how one of the girls working there treated a customer. (I refused to go back to the place until she wasn't working there anymore).

tuq 04-03-2006 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"subway had some chicken parm sandwhich that had just come out like that day"

I'd swear this came out last year. Unless that wasn't the first time.

I once walked out of Subway because I was so grossed out by how one of the girls working there treated a customer. (I refused to go back to the place until she wasn't working there anymore).

[/ QUOTE ]
If you never went back, then how would you know she wasn't there anymore? Does not compute.

Ungoliant 04-03-2006 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the subway team thanked me profusely (altho i still had to pay for my food lol)

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have told them it was for a duck. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Dids 04-03-2006 12:46 PM

I work very close to the Subway and walked by there most days. Once enough consecutive days passed where I didn't see her working there, I went back.

Georgia Avenue 04-03-2006 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I work very close to the Subway and walked by there most days. Once enough consecutive days passed where I didn't see her working there, I went back.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what happened there? What did she do?

Dids 04-03-2006 12:55 PM

Some fokls (not bums or anything, young, 20ish couple) wanted to use the bathroom. They were willing to pay for a soda just to do it. The girl gave them a super hard time and eventually asked them to leave. I can't explain why she did what she did, because it made no sense at all.

captZEEbo 04-03-2006 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some fokls (not bums or anything, young, 20ish couple) wanted to use the bathroom. They were willing to pay for a soda just to do it. The girl gave them a super hard time and eventually asked them to leave. I can't explain why she did what she did, because it made no sense at all.

[/ QUOTE ]girls don't use logic. QED

Jules22 04-03-2006 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jules rules.

He def woulda said it to a guy.

He prolly woulda said it to the hot chick.

And chances were about 100% that he was high when this occured.

A number of us have trained for years to have the wit to say things like this to people, on the spot. Who knew beat wars could be so useful?

Jules has had sex with more women than most men have spoken to... but he also lives by the credo its all pink in the middle.

Overall, a very good man.

yasher

[/ QUOTE ]

*blushes*

a few points tho. first i wasnt high, when this occured i was just an occassional smoker. i also worked like 50 hour weeks 6 days so i wasnt doing much of anything really. also what i meant is would i defend the employee if it was a dude, or an ugly chick? im not sure myself, but im never impressed by people just [censored] on other people because they are serving them. it disgusts me.

Laura 04-03-2006 04:18 PM

Slow clap...

Buccaneer 04-03-2006 05:32 PM

I think you should have sold the old lady one of those vaccuum cleaners. No that would mess her up bad.

TheCroShow 04-03-2006 06:58 PM

nice one. it baffles me that some people can get pissed off at the smallest things. i had a customer call me (cingular customer care rep here) and yelled at me because of a $0.10 text message charge on his bill, claiming he never sends or receives text messages. i said "here's your 10 cents back, satisfied?" that took the wind out of him haha guy was furious though