Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   why play limit? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=73720)

Checkov 03-29-2006 06:29 AM

why play limit?

Let's here why you play limit vs no limit?

captZEEbo 03-29-2006 06:39 AM

Re: why play limit?

this should be hilarious

Chris Piekarski 03-29-2006 06:41 AM

I lack testicles.

daisyglaze 03-29-2006 06:47 AM

bc i like calling and raising and not folding.

Flintoff 03-29-2006 06:53 AM

Because I cant lose a weeks wages in one hand. I like to lose it in several thousand and get my money's worth.

amirite 03-29-2006 07:14 AM

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/860...mg135ym.th.jpg

DonkTilt 03-29-2006 11:42 AM

Because most people who play Limit are failiures and its nearly free money, I can consistantly make money and 1 filthy suckout doesnt ruin a good day

Dan BRIGHT 03-29-2006 12:26 PM

I'm too much of a panzy to play nl like a real man

Trent 03-29-2006 01:03 PM

You actually get to play every street, as you can't use the weak move of an all-in to get to a showdown without making anymore decisions.

This is a typical high stakes NL game: Each player has about 100bb. AJs raises, KK re-raises, AJs calls. About 20bb in the pot when the flop comes. AJs checks his flush draw, KK bets about pot, AJs check-raises pot all-in, KK calls.

This is game over on the flop. No more poker decisions to be made. The turn and river are just there to entertain the fish. In a limit game each opponent will normally have to make some more tuff decisions on the turn and river.

The current popular NL game is for weak players that can't play real poker, where decisions have to be made on every street. It is too easy to get your stack in and sit back and relax. Real men play limit.

NL would be a lot better, and maybe superior to limit, if they changed a few things. They should have no max buy-in, and have at least a 1000bb min buy-in. This would be a game worth playing. But no one likes these because you can't go all-in. "Going all-in is fun", "Going all-in makes you feel like a big man". The all-in has been popularized by the broadcasting of tournaments, where short stakes are necessary to finish these on time.

Now don't get me started on NL tournaments.

Trent.

lapoker17 03-29-2006 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You actually get to play every street, as you can't use the weak move of an all-in to get to a showdown without making anymore decisions.

This is a typical high stakes NL game: Each player has about 100bb. AJs raises, KK re-raises, AJs calls. About 20bb in the pot when the flop comes. AJs checks his flush draw, KK bets about pot, AJs check-raises pot all-in, KK calls.

This is game over on the flop. No more poker decisions to be made. The turn and river are just there to entertain the fish. In a limit game each opponent will normally have to make some more tuff decisions on the turn and river.

The current popular NL game is for weak players that can't play real poker, where decisions have to be made on every street. It is too easy to get your stack in and sit back and relax. Real men play limit.

NL would be a lot better, and maybe superior to limit, if they changed a few things. They should have no max buy-in, and have at least a 1000bb min buy-in. This would be a game worth playing. But no one likes these because you can't go all-in. "Going all-in is fun", "Going all-in makes you feel like a big man". The all-in has been popularized by the broadcasting of tournaments, where short stakes are necessary to finish these on time.

Trent.

[/ QUOTE ]

best gimmick account ever.

daryn 03-29-2006 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Trent.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, nice analysis!

Dan BRIGHT 03-29-2006 01:07 PM

ya lets not cap nl buy ins that way the fish go busto and quit poker within 1 hour.....

Hielko 03-29-2006 01:12 PM

What's wrong with fish giving all their money to you in one hour?

costanza_g 03-29-2006 01:17 PM

Maybe if they added some feature in NL where you couldnt bet more than what was already in the pot. That way you could have the best of both worlds. I'm going to invent this new game and call it:

No all-in hold'em.

I'm going to get a patent for this game and become rich, batches!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

SoBeDude 03-29-2006 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Trent.

[/ QUOTE ]

stick all that in a pot, boil it down to its essence and u get...

Real men play limit.

I think I just found my new signature!

-Scott

JimmyB13 03-29-2006 03:16 PM

Uhhhh....excuse my newbness, but isn't your idea for a game called Pot Limit Hold 'Em.

poker1O1 03-29-2006 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uhhhh....excuse my newbness, but isn't your idea for a game called Pot Limit Hold 'Em.

[/ QUOTE ]
no because you can still get bet out of a bet, or bet someone else out of a pot

Dan BRIGHT 03-29-2006 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with fish giving all their money to you in one hour?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont you understand? If a fish realizes he is terrible within one week and says "im done with poker thas 5000 dollars gone, oh well", then hes through with it. However, if he bleeds and donks off 600 dollar buy ins for a few months (not all at once) he likely wont realize how bad he sucks until he's already lost way more than 5000.

costanza_g 03-29-2006 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, that was the jopke.

Dan BRIGHT 03-29-2006 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, that was the jopke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I CANT STAND YA

Darth_Holdem 03-29-2006 09:19 PM

If you're new and you're going to start no limit - just give me the $ instead cuz you'll lose it just as fast. lol (seriously, you will lose quick)

Kedu 03-29-2006 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bc i like calling and raising and not folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

TxRedMan 03-29-2006 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Trent.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "weak all in play".

LOL.

Seriously, run bad in limit for three months and you'll wonder why you dont play NL, where, the variance can be considerably lower.

Pulp 03-29-2006 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Trent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Real men play limit.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing. You guys are so cool! Ripping on the no limit players in a high stakes limit forum. Well you know what? [censored] all your gay check raises, [censored] all your "ptbb/100" graphs that you all jerk off to, [censored] all your pots played exactly the same way every single [censored] time and then coming to the forums jerking off on each other trying to decide whether or not you should have spent that 'one extra bet' on the flop to blah blah blah [censored] you, [censored] all your uninteresting hand postings that always end up at 10bbs!! if its not capped on every street, no one gives a [censored], and most of all... Limit is the most boring [censored] thing to watch ever -- I would sooner get my dick amputated than sit and watch a bunch of smelly, faggitty math obbsessed degenerates sit down around a crowded table droning on about their VPIP and PTBB/100 playing the same [censored] hand over and over again in 500 different ways. Ive got news for you -- no one gives a [censored] about limit, its players, or its [censored] game. And on top of that -- LIMIT TOURNEYS SUCK! Theres nothing I hate more than being in the middle of a limit tournament just waiting for a god damn AQ or TT to [censored] double the bet. Ooohh! Double the bet every time? Well suck my dick because any person with testicles larger than a [censored] apple seed knows that NL is the only way to go. Watching and Playing NL are both extremley entertaining, and the tournaments dont suck. I've come up with the 3 reasons never to play limit and here they are:

1. Limit Players Smell

Ever been trapped in a limit game with a bunch of pesky limit players talking about "the long run" and [censored] like that? Well since they play 100 tables and 50000 hands a day, they NEVER EVER TAKE SHOWERS. Yes, its true, limit players spend so much time looking at graphs and 'doubling the bet' that they have no hygiene.

2. Limit players can be replaced by computers

That's right, limit players are indeed human -- but there are only 3 options in every situation. What a waste of an entire human brain! Plug it up to a computer and let it do all that for you while you go outside (for once) and interact with people not using the two plus two forum .

3. Limit players have no friends

Because all their time is spent telling people the "goal VPIP" or "goal PFR" over the two plus two forum, they never talk to real people. Some, in bad cases, havent talked to a real person since high school . Sad, very very sad, but true.

NL get 100x more women also.

(ps. dont take this too seriously)

bambi 03-30-2006 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Trent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Real men play limit.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing. You guys are so cool! Ripping on the no limit players in a high stakes limit forum. Well you know what? [censored] all your gay check raises, [censored] all your "ptbb/100" graphs that you all jerk off to, [censored] all your pots played exactly the same way every single [censored] time and then coming to the forums jerking off on each other trying to decide whether or not you should have spent that 'one extra bet' on the flop to blah blah blah [censored] you, [censored] all your uninteresting hand postings that always end up at 10bbs!! if its not capped on every street, no one gives a [censored], and most of all... Limit is the most boring [censored] thing to watch ever -- I would sooner get my dick amputated than sit and watch a bunch of smelly, faggitty math obbsessed degenerates sit down around a crowded table droning on about their VPIP and PTBB/100 playing the same [censored] hand over and over again in 500 different ways. Ive got news for you -- no one gives a [censored] about limit, its players, or its [censored] game. And on top of that -- LIMIT TOURNEYS SUCK! Theres nothing I hate more than being in the middle of a limit tournament just waiting for a god damn AQ or TT to [censored] double the bet. Ooohh! Double the bet every time? Well suck my dick because any person with testicles larger than a [censored] apple seed knows that NL is the only way to go. Watching and Playing NL are both extremley entertaining, and the tournaments dont suck. I've come up with the 3 reasons never to play limit and here they are:

1. Limit Players Smell

Ever been trapped in a limit game with a bunch of pesky limit players talking about "the long run" and [censored] like that? Well since they play 100 tables and 50000 hands a day, they NEVER EVER TAKE SHOWERS. Yes, its true, limit players spend so much time looking at graphs and 'doubling the bet' that they have no hygiene.

That's right, limit players are indeed human -- but there are only 3 options in every situation. What a waste of an entire human brain! Plug it up to a computer and let it do all that for you while you go outside (for once) and interact with people not using the two plus two forum .

Because all their time is spent telling people the "goal VPIP" or "goal PFR" over the two plus two forum, they never talk to real people. Some, in bad cases, havent talked to a real person since high school . Sad, very very sad, but true.

[/ QUOTE ]

chickened out there at the end hey? just had to add the ps. somebody is a bit scared

crookedhat99 03-30-2006 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Trent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Real men play limit.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Limit Players Smell

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. U da man.

ifckladyluck 03-30-2006 12:48 AM

Dutch boyd actually had an article advocating limit to NL if you were in it solely for the money. The article is titled "i love gigabet" or something similar

StacysMom 03-30-2006 03:00 AM

Im lazy. Don't like typing in bets.

Dan BRIGHT 03-30-2006 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im lazy. Don't like typing in bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not that hard, just click the "auto bet pot"

ihardlyknowher 03-30-2006 03:43 AM

"Watching and Playing NL are both extremley entertaining, and the tournaments dont suck."

Your right, I can't wait to watch the next Poker Superstars III, so I can see a bunch of coin flips.

Tosh 03-30-2006 04:53 AM

I heard if you play no limit you might lose your house and your shoes.

Trent 03-30-2006 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if they added some feature in NL where you couldnt bet more than what was already in the pot. That way you could have the best of both worlds. I'm going to invent this new game and call it:

No all-in hold'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, pot-limit holdem. But even in the example I gave they were all basically pot size bets, and they were all-in on the flop. The stacks still need to be deeper then 100bb.

Trent 03-30-2006 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
best gimmick account ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

???.

Yes its all a joke lapoker17. Your're on to me.

Trent 03-30-2006 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, its true, limit players spend so much time looking at graphs and 'doubling the bet' that they have no hygiene.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post. Funny. But notice the title of the thread "why play limit?", you're off topic. This is only for limit players to feel good about their game, we don't want anything negative here. Have your own glorification thread in your "weak all-in NL game" forum.

Trent.

Keystone 03-30-2006 08:04 AM

This is a ridiculous thread

oreopimp 03-30-2006 09:32 AM

I think pot limit is way more intresting then NL anyway. Besides that I love limit, NL puts me to sleep, granted I still play it as a change up. I just prefer the outward aggression of limit and I hate making big folds.

The DaveR 03-30-2006 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard if you play no limit you might lose your house and your shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're such a tease. Are you going to disappear again?

danzasmack 03-30-2006 11:19 AM

limit poker is the only game you can play for well over 100k hands before finding out you're terrible at it

MNpoker 03-30-2006 11:29 AM

Limit is more a game of marginal edges and calculations. I think it appeals to the more analytically inclined.

NL is a work in psychology, the craziest mo fo gets the cash. Good for crack addicts and lawyers [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

daryn 03-30-2006 01:17 PM

whoa, what's up tosh!