Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   "Duke Starting to Dominate" (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=57745)

asb165 03-10-2006 02:40 PM

\"Duke Starting to Dominate\"

Enough with the ballwashing from the ESPN announcers. This was said as Duke scores to go ahead 57-56 with 11 minutes to go in the game.

FlyWf 03-10-2006 02:56 PM

Re: \"Duke Starting to Dominate\"

Not only does JJ Redick score and cover the other team's best scorer, he plays nearly every minute! Also, he cured cancer during that timeout!

DMBFan23 03-10-2006 02:57 PM

go duke

MEbenhoe 03-10-2006 03:06 PM

No one cares that you hate Duke, no one cares that you think the announcers give them preferential treatment, no one thinks your original or that this was such a revolutionary idea that you had to quick rush to the computer and wipe off your greasy little fingers in a fury to make your "briliant" insult. OMG Duke is always good and always gets good players so I'm gonna hate them. Have some repressed feelings left over from when you were young and were always the last kid picked? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] awww sorry, but how bout you work that out on your own rather than making the same post for the 5 billionth time.

mlagoo 03-10-2006 03:08 PM

nice rebuttal?

asb165 03-10-2006 03:08 PM

"They're saying it was a 2, but it doesn't matter, it was unbelievable!"

Yes, it does matter. A 3 would have made it a two possession game. Pay attention to the game.

Edit: Please point to one other anti-Duke point by me. I just think that was a completely ignorant comment by the announcers.

DMBFan23 03-10-2006 03:08 PM

whoa.

DMBFan23 03-10-2006 03:09 PM

they are too busy hanging from JJ's sack

THAY3R 03-10-2006 03:17 PM

That was a lame ending.

MacGuyV 03-10-2006 03:21 PM

Are you questioning the partialness of Mike "never done a non Duke game in my career" Patrick? What did you expect? May as well paint his face, he is pathetic.

mosuavea 03-10-2006 03:25 PM

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9...adhorse5ip.png

SharkTank43 03-10-2006 03:40 PM

I agree, Mike Patrick is unbearable to listen to during Duke games. He somehow manages to be 100X worse than Vitale.

Huskiez 03-10-2006 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, Mike Patrick is unbearable to listen to during Duke games. He somehow manages to be 100X worse than Vitale.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually like listening to Mike Patrick now solely for comedic reasons. He is so unbelievably bad that he's great on the unintentional comedy scale.

Have you heard him call a game for Georgia Tech when Schenscher was on the team? It was hilarious. There was a play where Jarrett Jack made an amazing pass to Schensherer, who got an easy layup. Patrick: "What an unbelievable play by Schenscher! He does it all! And from what I hear, he's quite the man with the ladies. Gotta love that Aussie charm." WTF?! He lives to lick the ball sweat off Schenscher.

MacGuyV 03-10-2006 03:55 PM

I've decided McDonough/Bilas/Raftery should do every game of every tournament. Make that every sport. It can be three games at once, I don't care, they're that good compared to all these other hacks.
"The kiss denied....you'd know something about that Sean McDonough".

I mean seriously though, Bilas went to Duke and he's ok...why can't Patrick/Vitale at least pretend to be half as objective?

Eurotrash 03-10-2006 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
McDonough/Bilas/Raftery

[/ QUOTE ]

certainly my favorite trio for broadcasting college basketball games. Raftery is the king

Sluss 03-10-2006 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
McDonough/Bilas/Raftery

[/ QUOTE ] certainly my favorite trio for broadcasting college basketball games. Raftery is the king

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the March Madness package on DirectTv, so I've listened to every broadcast team that CBS runs out the past two years. Raftery and Bilas are the two best anyalists by far. They are always the two that the sound stays on. I get real depressed when it gets to the final four and I have to put up with Billy Packer. Half the time the final four ends up on mute.

CarlSpackler 03-10-2006 06:46 PM

Dook is Dook. Dey're on tv more dan leeve it to beever reeruns.....

Seriously though, maybe the dumbest thing I've ever heard Patrick say was during the last Duke-FSU game, which FSU won. At one point, Patrick commented on the referrees after a call went against Duke, claiming this was proof that the whole Duke bias was a myth. This is after the referree crew that did the 1st Duke-FSU game was suspended because they did such a horrible job, in favor of Duke. lol

ligastar 03-10-2006 07:35 PM

Insightful article by Stewart Mandel on si.com...here is an excerpt:

That's because the Blue Devils' dirty little secret is this: For all the star power in their lineup, they're not overly athletic. With the exception of senior guard Sean Dockery and inconsistent freshman Josh McRoberts, there is no Chris Duhon, Daniel Ewing or Jason Williams out there locking down opposing playmakers. Instead, it's the half-step-too-slow trio of Redick, Greg Paulus and Lee Melchioni.

Bedeviled by D