Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *** The OFFICIAL Fire Terry Bradway Thread *** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=5665)

wh1t3bread 01-06-2006 01:52 PM

*** The OFFICIAL Fire Terry Bradway Thread ***

The Chiefs look like they will be taking Edwards from the Jets. In return the Jets will receive a FOURTH ROUND pick in this years draft.

What a joke. The Chiefs totally robbed the Jets on this one. I'm not saying that Edwards is a great coach (easily 10-12 better coaches in the league) but he is above average and not to get at least a 3rd round pick for him is inexcusable.

Terry Bradway needs to be fired.

Gunny Highway 01-06-2006 01:57 PM

Re: *** The OFFICIAL Fire Terry Bradway Thread ***

This is the same guy that drafted a kicker early last year, no?

wh1t3bread 01-06-2006 02:01 PM

Let's revisit some other Terry Bradway Gems:

1. Trading a 1st round pick for Doug [censored] Jolley. Could have had Heath Miller. Doh!.

2. He has drafted ONE pro-bowl player in his tenure. That player is Santana Moss who will be wearing a different uniform in Hawaii this year. Doh!. (Although he partially redeems himself with Vilma).

3. Damien "AK47" Robinson. Doh!

4. $60 Million to Chad Pennington. Doh!

5. I have finally seen the light on this one. I apologize for disagreeing earlier in the season with JoA on this. But drafting a Kicker in the 2nd round is WAY TOO HIGH. Maybe if Nugent could get the ball in the endzone on kickoffs and make 50-55 yard field goals this wouldn't be too bad. But the guy can't. Doh!

6. He got his ass handed to him by the Redskins a few years ago when Coles, Thomas, Hall and Morton all went to the Skins while Bradway was left holding his [censored].

7. Used a 1st round pick to draft Bryan Thomas who will be a career backup. Doh!

8. 2nd round pick for Justin McCareins. Doh!

9. Sam Cowart. Doh!

10. Jets are projected to be many many many millions OVER the cap next year. Doh!

wh1t3bread 01-06-2006 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the same guy that drafted a kicker early last year, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. See my above post.

Wes Mantooth 01-06-2006 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First: I got the eggs ready, about to jump in the car, just need his house address?

brettbrettr 01-06-2006 02:05 PM

The only good move Bradway has made in his tenure as GM was drafting Johnathan Vilma. Eric Coleman is pretty good too. Everything else has been abysmal.

You also forgot to mention packaging 2 1st round picks to move up in the drft a few years back for Dwayne Robertson. That too hasn't worked out. I have no idea how he keeps his job.

wh1t3bread 01-06-2006 02:08 PM

Crap. I forgot about moving up to get Robertson.

Vilma + Coleman = Only good moves.

I think I also forgot:

- Eric "Roughing the Passer" Barton. Doh!

wh1t3bread 01-06-2006 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

First: I got the eggs ready, about to jump in the car, just need his house address?

[/ QUOTE ]

No! First we should something similiar to this.

http://www.borkowski.co.uk/archives/mark/1212196.jpg

brettbrettr 01-06-2006 02:16 PM

I actually kind of like Eric Barton. Hes violent, at least.

And the thing about the Chad deal that was so bad is that he hadn't played an entire season as a pro and had time left on his rookie deal when they extended him. Awful. Who does this? If they took the hard line with Chad that they have been with Abe, we'd be fine.

There's a slew of other FA moves like Donnie Abraham, Josh Evans etc. Really, Bradway needs to be fired.

wh1t3bread 01-06-2006 02:23 PM

Yeah. Okay. Maybe Barton isn't so bad. But he was hurt most of this year which drops his stock in my book.

You have it right on with Pennington.

We can't forget Ferguson leaving either. Doh!

How does this guy still have a [censored] job! I am [censored] livid right now. We went from a 2nd &3 rd for Edwards to a 3rd & 5th to a 3rd & 4th to a 4th & 5th. And then we just end up with a [censored] 4th.

Un-[censored]-believable.

J.R. 01-06-2006 02:25 PM

the perception was edwards was not gonna coach the jets, so they had little leverage.

from your article:

On Thursday, Edwards told his staff that he would not be returning to the Jets regardless of whether or not he got a deal worked out with the Chiefs. As a result of that, Peterson has known he wouldn't have to give up the farm to get a deal done. Because of how public Edwards' desire to leave had become, Jets GM Terry Bradway was actually lucky to get a fourth-rounder as compensation.

Do you disagree with this?

brettbrettr 01-06-2006 02:26 PM

I"m considering starting some sort of "Fire Terry Bradway Society" the sole purpose of which will be to convince Woody to fire this guy. I'm super-lazy and never motivated so, yes, I'm this upset.

wh1t3bread 01-06-2006 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the jets weren't percieved as liekly to retain edwards as coach anyway, so they had little leverage.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because the Jets FO (run by Bradway) can't keep their mouths shut. The blame for this goes right to Bradway. He totally showed his hand as soon as these negoations started.

Basically the negotiations went something like this:

Peterson: Can we talk to Herm?
Bradway: Sure thing. We are getting rid of him anyway. What will you give us?
Peterson: Wait, you are giving up on him. I can wait till you fire him and then hire him for nothing. Hot damn!
Bradway: No, uh, what I meant to say was uh uh uh. [censored]!

wh1t3bread 01-06-2006 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I"m considering starting some sort of "Fire Terry Bradway Society" the sole purpose of which will be to convince Woody to fire this guy. I'm super-lazy and never motivated so, yes, I'm this upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I be Vice-President?

wh1t3bread 01-06-2006 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you disagree with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhat. Herm told his staff he was leaving because he was told (maybe directly, maybe indirectly) that he wasn't wanted anymore.

brettbrettr 01-06-2006 02:32 PM

Sure, I think our first order of business will be the Fire Terry Bradway march. Can you get half a million people for this?

wh1t3bread 01-06-2006 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, I think our first order of business will be the Fire Terry Bradway march. Can you get half a million people for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

If by half a million you mean a dozen, then yes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

brettbrettr 01-06-2006 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because of how public Edwards' desire to leave had become, Jets GM Terry Bradway was actually lucky to get a fourth-rounder as compensation.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the get-go, this was handled so badly that maybe we should have been lucky to get compensation, but it was Bradway who screwed it up in the first place. This thing was way too public for the Jets to have any leverage at all. Most think that Bradway, who has been at odds with Herm for a couple of years now, leaked it all himself to ensure Herm would leave. Others think Herm leaked it to ensure he'd leave. Either way, when you're talking about a move like this, it should be done in private and quickly. As time wore on, yes, the Jets lost all the leverage they might have had. But it was their own doing.

Herm is still a HC with a contract. He's taken the Jets to the playoffs 3/5 years. This isn't at all about whether or not he's worth a 2nd round pick, or anything like that. It was about what the Chiefs thought it would take. They should have had a one-day window to make their best offer, and if that wasn't good, forget it.

Another interesting note: Terry Bradway started his career with the Chiefs. So they knew exactly who they were dealing with when this whole thing started, and I guarantee you they were happy about it.

(I also just read on another forum that Donnie Henderson desk has been cleaned out. There wasn't a link there either though, so could be nothing. I doubt it though.)

wh1t3bread 01-06-2006 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(I also just read on another forum that Donnie Henderson desk has been cleaned out. There wasn't a link there either though, so could be nothing. I doubt it though.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be surprised. Head Coaches in this league have a long history of bringing their Assistants along for the ride with them. But I read Henderson still has an interview sent up with the Saints next week so who knows?

MattSuspect 01-06-2006 02:56 PM

Did you guys get that 33 page manifesto about the "The Case against Terry BRadway And Herm Edwards".

It's really good. I'll try and post it later.

wh1t3bread 01-06-2006 03:00 PM

Matt-
No I didn't please do.

Edit: Nevermind. Google Rocks.

LINK.

TheRover 01-06-2006 03:06 PM

Fellas,

At least wait and see who they get as a replacement. There's a decent chance they end up with a better/equal coach plus a fourth rounder...

wh1t3bread 01-06-2006 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fellas,

At least wait and see who they get as a replacement. There's a decent chance they end up with a better/equal coach plus a fourth rounder...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true however, it still doesn't excuse the rest of the blunders cited above.

brettbrettr 01-06-2006 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fellas,

[/ QUOTE ]

They should end up with a better/equal coach and MORE than a 4th rounder. This isn't at all about how good a coach Herm Edwards is. I think that should be obvious.

SossMan 01-06-2006 03:46 PM

i opened this thread totally expecting to see this picture:

http://www.vinylcheese.com/graphics/terry1.jpg

TheRover 01-06-2006 03:54 PM

from KFFL:

[ QUOTE ]

Jets | Mangini could be candidate
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 11:24:40 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New England Patriots defensive coordinator Eric Mangini could be a candidate for the New York Jets' head coaching position if Herman Edwards leaves.

Jets | Fassel could be candidate
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 11:24:14 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Jim Fassel could be a candidate for the New York Jets' head coaching position if Herman Edwards leaves.

Jets | Sherman could be candidate
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 11:24:05 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports former NFL coach Mike Sherman could be a candidate for the New York Jets' head coaching position if Herman Edwards leaves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting Mangini would totally make up for not getting a higher pick.

brettbrettr 01-06-2006 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Getting Mangini would totally make up for not getting a higher pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to say this once. If we get the love child of Vince Lombardi, Chuck Knoll, Don Shula and the Jack of [censored] Spades, it will not make up for not getting what we should have gotten. This has nothing to do with how good Herm was, and nothing to do with whoever replaces him. (whew.)

RE: Mangini, I"m all for a Belicheck guy, but this guy has only had one year as a coordinator. Is he really ready? Why not go after Ferentz? He's a Belicheck guy, and has had time as an HC at a major program. I don't know. Who knows what about Mangini.

brettbrettr 01-06-2006 06:07 PM

"The fourth-round selection in the 2006 draft that the Chiefs will send
to the Jets in the deal that allows Edwards to move to Kansas City as
successor to Dick Vermeil represents the lowest compensation ever
bargained for a coach under the current guidelines. Around the NFL on
Friday, officials from other teams were stunned at the compensation
deal. No one expected the Jets to be able to squeeze a first-round
choice out of Chiefs president and general manager Carl Peterson, but
they felt New York would get more than it did.
"

wh1t3bread 02-08-2006 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not fired, but demoted. Close enough. My wish has been granted.