Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   FT200 No pair against a maniac (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554775)

Nielsio 11-26-2007 01:30 PM

FT200 No pair against a maniac

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $556.90
Hero (SB): $194.20
BB: $424.05
UTG: $223
MP: $92.30
CO: $33

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $4</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $12

Flop: ($34) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $24</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $48</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $178.20 and is All-In</font>

BTN is 68/41/3.3/44 .

Requin 11-26-2007 01:32 PM

Re: FT200 No pair against a maniac

Meh I do this too, never ran the math tho so idk

Nick Royale 11-26-2007 01:42 PM

I think this is ok. We often have 6 outs if behind, there's likely a bunch of FDs in his range and it could easily be some kind of bluff with whatever. I think we have 25ish equity vs his calling range (assuming his calling range is PP, FD, 4x 9x).

Does 44 stand for wtsd or hands?

Nielsio 11-26-2007 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is ok. We often have 6 outs if behind, there's likely a bunch of FDs in his range and it could easily be some kind of bluff with whatever. I think we have 25ish equity vs his calling range (assuming his calling range is PP, FD, 4x 9x).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hands

Nick Royale 11-26-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hands

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok that makes me a bit less likely to pull this move. In that case I'd like to have some real read that he plays like an idiot. It's probably still ok though.

dirtylobster 11-26-2007 01:51 PM

It's fine as long as it doesn't tilt you when he calls you with 33 and wins.

Money2Burn 11-26-2007 01:57 PM

I'm not sure if I like this, except for all out bluffs he is going to be ahead. If he really is a maniac, he isn't folding anything that is ahead of us and calling very little that is behind. Against guys like this I fold, you can always find better spots against them.

RickOSU 11-26-2007 02:12 PM

i like it.

Money2Burn 11-26-2007 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mind giving your reasoning here? I honestly don't see how this could be anything but a spew against a maniac.

ajmargarine 11-26-2007 03:20 PM

Word of advice: It's generally a good idea to make a hand vs a 68/41 and then bet said hand. A hand would be a pair or greater.

sh58 11-26-2007 03:24 PM

yeah, it is ok.

he doesn't have a hand here very often. not sure how much FE you have if he does have a piece

sh58 11-26-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Word of advice: It's generally a good idea to make a hand vs a 68/41 and then bet said hand. A hand would be a pair or greater.

[/ QUOTE ]

against a 68/41 A hi is a pretty good hand imo

Nick Royale 11-26-2007 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, fit or fold ldo. This is a crappy post but I guess it might be sarcastic. Range, equity, folding equity etc.

sightless 11-26-2007 03:35 PM

Imo you have zero fold equity here. I like to get it all in this spot if i have a better erad on how he plays postflop./ Some 60/40 are uber donks riasing /betting with air, some are pretty decent postflop and having a pair sv them would be much better

Suigin406 11-26-2007 03:40 PM

the amount of times i lose to a mid pair if i shoved here would infuriate me

Money2Burn 11-26-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, fit or fold ldo. This is a crappy post but I guess it might be sarcastic. Range, equity, folding equity etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know how wide his range would have to be to make pushing profitable?

sh58 11-26-2007 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Imo you have zero fold equity here. I like to get it all in this spot if i have a better erad on how he plays postflop./ Some 60/40 are uber donks riasing /betting with air, some are pretty decent postflop and having a pair sv them would be much better

[/ QUOTE ]

the point is he hardly ever has anything

Nick Royale 11-26-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know how wide his range would have to be to make pushing profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]
It has to be a pure bluff somthing like 30% of the time. That's assuming he'll never call with worse except FDs and he calls all PPs.

sightless 11-26-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the point is he hardly ever has anything

[/ QUOTE ]

well imo that depends on how he plays postflop...

Nielsio 11-26-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It has to be a pure bluff somthing like 30% of the time. That's assuming he'll never call with worse except FDs and he calls all PPs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he folds 22 and 33 some % of the time, and calls Ax air some % of the time also.

Money2Burn 11-26-2007 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he folds 22 and 33 some % of the time, and calls Ax air some % of the time also.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really think this is the case then I guess it's fine. I'm just not used to playing against players like this, I can't even remember the last time I was at a table with someone over 45%VPIP much less 60.

Nick Royale 11-26-2007 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really think this is the case then I guess it's fine. I'm just not used to playing against players like this, I can't even remember the last time I was at a table with someone over 45%VPIP much less 60.

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to improve your tableselction.

Money2Burn 11-26-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
More like I need to improve my site selection [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

BGnight 11-26-2007 04:15 PM

NH. AK is the nuts in this situation vs this guy. If he does have a pair you have outs too.

tubasteve 11-26-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
More like I need to improve my site selection [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

where do you play?

Noam Chomsky 11-26-2007 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Word of advice: It's generally a good idea to make a hand vs a 68/41 and then call said hand down regardless of board texture. A hand would be a pair or greater.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also call down with AK from time to time as well but I don't understand this shove.

BGnight 11-26-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Word of advice: It's generally a good idea to make a hand vs a 68/41 and then call said hand down regardless of board texture. A hand would be a pair or greater.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also call down with AK from time to time as well but I don't understand this shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian's minraise is a bluff a good % of the time, so basically we're resemibluffing. I wouldn't be surprised to get calls from AQ either.

Money2Burn 11-26-2007 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

where do you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Red Nines, they're a Prima skin.

Fat Nicky 11-26-2007 05:26 PM

if he's been constantly raising the flop and people have been folding to his aggression, then i don't see much of a problem w/3-bet shoving the flop against this guy. i have made this play against these aggro tards various times in the past, and have had good success.

if called, you almost always have 6 outs.

Mr_Donktastic 11-26-2007 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's fine as long as it doesn't tilt you when he calls you with 33 and wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1