Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Brass bluffs a Stars 5/10 reg (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554379)

BrassMonkey 11-25-2007 07:55 PM

Brass bluffs a Stars 5/10 reg

Villian is 25/17 and goes to showdown 36% of the time.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (4 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>.

efficacy 11-25-2007 08:01 PM

Re: Brass bluffs a Stars 5/10 reg

I don't think this bluff works often enough for it to be profitable, even if you consider it a semibluff with 3-6 outs. I think even 36% showdown guys can get stubborn with A-high on this board.

What is your plan if 3-bet on the turn?

TheHip41 11-25-2007 08:04 PM

I'm a 25/17, and if I "bet" this turn, you have 0 outs, 3 outs or 6 outs.

Once I call the turn, I'm never folding the river.

I think this is some spewtardedness

slamhound 11-25-2007 08:37 PM

Dunno what your playing style is, but this is one of those spots where I'd c/r really really light looking to get called down by K-high or a weak A-high. Really don't like it as a bluff.

Gib 11-25-2007 08:43 PM

with ppl always suspecting everyone's c/r is either a flush draw or turn re-draw to the str8 I don't think it's worth giving it a shot.

BrassMonkey 11-25-2007 08:57 PM

Alright, I spent $30 to learn something, I guess.

If I'm villian holding ace high, this is most certainly not an EASY call down, butttt... Efficacy pointed out to me that the c/c, c/r line looks a bit fishy, and I can see that. I wouldn't do that with too many hands on this board. I didn't give my opponent enough hand reading credit. My game-time instinct was something to the effect of "I called in the blinds, so representing a strong low card hand makes sense". I then reasoned, incorrectly, that the best way for me to represent strength would be to c/r the turn, when typically I'd c/r the flop with a strong made hand.

MacGuyV 11-25-2007 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? How do you not c-bet that turn? Every hand ever peels that flop.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree.

BrassMonkey 11-25-2007 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the river because I knew that it was my only way to win. It appears that it was something of a hopeless bet, though.

TheHip41 11-25-2007 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

because I get c/r by players like the OP and Don't wnat to spend 3BB to get to river.

and everyone bets the river for me anyway, so I still get 1 bb on the river.

johnnyrocket 11-25-2007 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree here, if i call ur reraise on this board i am not folding to a river bet

StellarWind 11-26-2007 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not betting the turn with hands like T9 or J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is awful.

StellarWind 11-26-2007 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the river because I knew that it was my only way to win.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not true. With so many draws going bust you could easily have the best hand.

This is a classic "no better hand will fold, no worse hand will call" river bet. The quiet checkfold will frequently bring home the pot because your turn checkraise will prevent most players from firing the third barrel when KJ is good. They will attribute your cowardly check to the queen and expect to be called by a small pair.

BrassMonkey 11-26-2007 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet the river because I knew that it was my only way to win.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not true. With so many draws going bust you could easily have the best hand.

This is a classic "no better hand will fold, no worse hand will call" river bet. The quiet checkfold will frequently bring home the pot because your turn checkraise will prevent most players from firing the third barrel when KJ is good. They will attribute your cowardly check to the queen and expect to be called by a small pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, this is true, and something that I realized afterwards. I need to fix my in-game impulse driver. It gets busted sometimes.

Wolfram 11-26-2007 11:07 AM

Only hand that folds the river is K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or worse.