Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   FullTilt Manipulating Your Winnings? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552773)

cthomasz 11-23-2007 08:39 AM

FullTilt Manipulating Your Winnings?

I'm pretty frustrated and concerned right now that FullTilt may manipulate the outcomes of hands based on players' history. I don't want to speculate and I obviously don't have evidence that this is true other than what I'm experiencing. Yesterday morning I placed first in two consecutive Poker After Dark Rd 1 Satellites. Since then I have entered about 20 freerolls and I have literally won no more than 5-10 hands. I've been all in with AK suited against 58o and other similar hands... I lose every time. Yes, it's sometimes a game of luck and I'm obviously not going to win every hand, but winning less than 5% of the hands I enter is raising suspicion in me, especially when I am usually entering the hand as a huge favorite. Has anybody else experienced anything like this after playing very solid in tourneys?

DoGGz 11-23-2007 08:40 AM

Re: FullTilt Manipulating Your Winnings?

No

Rek 11-23-2007 08:51 AM

I take it you havn't played a lot

cthomasz 11-23-2007 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

Markusgc 11-23-2007 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

(btw "FullTilt Manipulating Your Winnings?" is just another way of asking "Is online poker rigged?" You're not fooling anyone with that. If you don't think it's fair, don't play. Rarely anyone who thinks online poker is rigged can be convinced otherwise.)

cthomasz 11-23-2007 09:21 AM

hahaha You must've skipped the part where I said I was trying to keep from speculating. I was simply wondering if anybody has experienced this. Thanks for all the positivity. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Animus 11-23-2007 09:26 AM

Yes I have experienced numerous heinous beats. I have emailed them about it but they deny any blame. I think their random card generator might not be so random. They offered no proof of it being genuine.

Rek 11-23-2007 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hahaha You must've skipped the part where I said I was trying to keep from speculating. I was simply wondering if anybody has experienced this. Thanks for all the positivity. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Come on seriously. You are not trying to keep from speculating - you are asking if FTP manipulate winnings. What is that if you are not speculating then?

You quoted ? to my previous post. If you play poker for any length of time you will see numerous bad beats and they tend to come in "chunks" not nicely scattered that correspond to mathmatical probabilities.

When playing online it is easy to blame the RNG as being rigged. Online you play so many hands that wierd and wonderful things happen. Accept it or don't play.

FTP come in for some stick due to their customer service at times but it is a well respected site. I don't think you will get much support here that it is rigged. It is not. Regular players can tell you this but as a newbie a few bad beats puts doubt in your mind. We have newbies bringing up rigged theories all the time. Get over it or move on to a different pastime or just play live.

cthomasz 11-23-2007 09:55 AM

You're obviously very confused. I'm not trying to convince anybody that it is rigged. Just wondered if anybody shared my frustrations. I'll work on accepting bad beats when you can accept that it was a legitimate question. If you have a problem, I would appreciate that you take your negativity elsewhere. You're not offering anything to this thread.

Rek 11-23-2007 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're obviously very confused. I'm not trying to convince anybody that it is rigged. Just wondered if anybody shared my frustrations. I'll work on accepting bad beats when you can accept that it was a legitimate question. If you have a problem, I would appreciate that you take your negativity elsewhere. You're not offering anything to this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - you made the post. So you only want people to reply who agree that it is rigged. I am not being negative I am just telling you that you are wrong. It is not rigged.

Do I share people's frustrations at bad beats? Absolutely, but that is part of poker. That wasn't what you asked though. You asked whether FTP was manipulating winnings. You should have stipulated "only replies agreeing with me please".

gtpitch 11-23-2007 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To answer your question in a very serious very positive manner... yes we have all experienced something like this. We have all gotten it in with a better hand by far 80/20 and things like that. And we have all lost those hands many times. Its not FTP "manipulating" the winnings its simply poker. And one of these days you'll have 58o and crack AA or something similar.

cthomasz 11-23-2007 10:06 AM

HAHA It's not that I don't want people to disagree with me. It's just that you've said all you have to say and now it has become pointless. I suppose I should respect all of your comments though seeing as how you're the GOD of all poker and I just learned how to play yesterday. Let's make a thread for you so you can post the 10 Commandments of Poker. Mmk bby?

cthomasz 11-23-2007 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To answer your question in a very serious very positive manner... yes we have all experienced something like this. We have all gotten it in with a better hand by far 80/20 and things like that. And we have all lost those hands many times. Its not FTP "manipulating" the winnings its simply poker. And one of these days you'll have 58o and crack AA or something similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutely right. That's why I can only laugh when I get rivered cause it's saved us all more times than we could've expected. It was just the fact that i was winning such a low percentage. Ya know? It was literally under 5% of the hands that I went into.

gtpitch 11-23-2007 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HAHA It's not that I don't want people to disagree with me. It's just that you've said all you have to say and now it has become pointless. I suppose I should respect all of your comments though seeing as how you're the GOD of all poker and I just learned how to play yesterday. Let's make a thread for you so you can post the 10 Commandments of Poker. Mmk bby?

[/ QUOTE ]

OP can I ask what you did expect to get out of this thread?

And after that comment what you expect to get now?

cthomasz 11-23-2007 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP can I ask what you did expect to get out of this thread?

And after that comment what you expect to get now?

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't directed at you sry. I was writing that as you replied to the thread initially.

gtpitch 11-23-2007 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutely right. That's why I can only laugh when I get rivered cause it's saved us all more times than we could've expected. It was just the fact that i was winning such a low percentage. Ya know? It was literally under 5% of the hands that I went into.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me I hear ya. I think we all do. Just something you'll have to get used to if you wish to continue playing online. Just like Rek said you'll see many more hands online than you would live so crazy and strange things that seem to defy logic will happen to you, but you can't blame FTP or any other site for these things happening well except maybe AP [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

zaphod 11-23-2007 12:04 PM

Obviously you are running good. Come back and look at this tread when you start getting unlucky.

questions 11-23-2007 01:06 PM

This happens all the time. There are a couple implication of this fact:

1) Do not be too eager to shove all your chips in when you have the best hand at the flop, because with two cards to come, you may not be favored to win.

2) A hazard of playing short-stacked is that it is more difficult to shove deeper stacks off good drawing hands because you can't hurt them as much as they can hurt you.

3) Bankroll management! Bankroll management! If you are managing your bankroll well, then this kind of negative variance will still hurt, but less so because you are respecting your roll and what losses you can afford to take, and when you do lose, you'll be able to just suck it up.

FWIW, I find Full Tilt is the TOUGHEST, MOST difficult site to play. Maybe Pokerstars, too. But I do not believe either site is rigged. I think what makes them difficult is the fact that they allow players to employ all these poker software assistance packages, and also, the players on those two sites are just REALLY GOOD. lol

questions 11-23-2007 02:25 PM

For example, if you raised pre-flop with jack spades and jack diamonds, and have two callers, and the flop is jack of hearts, 6, 7 of clubs, be VERY CAREFUL. You have the nuts, but there are lots of ways that board can go wrong, esp. in a multiway pot. You have to figure that anyone with a flush or a straight draw is probably not going to fold.

Backspin20 11-23-2007 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I have experienced numerous heinous beats. I have emailed them about it but they deny any blame. I think their random card generator might not be so random. They offered no proof of it being genuine.

[/ QUOTE ]

BANNED

arod4276 11-23-2007 02:56 PM

yes full tilt is rigged

jedfurlong 11-23-2007 02:57 PM

Yeah it sounds to me like you have a rigged accuont. Full Tilt does this from time to time, it's a glitch in the program when you create a new account. I emailed them about it and they said it only affects 1 in 100,000 people, so basically you've just been massively unlucky OP. I suggest you withdraw your FTP money and deposit on a more trustworthy site like AP.

KEW 11-23-2007 03:15 PM

ZOMG when will the horrors stop???? These greedy sites are now rigging FREEROLLS...At least AP only let a select few see your hole cards...But FTP has the nerve to rig freerolls..

wallacengrommit 11-23-2007 03:16 PM

So, if I understand this correctly, you are of the opinion that FTP has rigged the Poker After Dark Satellites and Freerolls against you.

They are both FREE tournaments right? What incentive would anyone have to screw you in freerolls? If I were you, I would never deposit to any poker site, I doubt you could handle the variance.

Rigging freerolls, my god....

VP$IP 11-23-2007 03:20 PM

Its the old "Manipulating Your Winnings" scam.

Bobo Fett 11-23-2007 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there something special about you that all of your posts need to be in italics?

freecard4all 11-23-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday morning I placed first in two consecutive Poker After Dark Rd 1 Satellites.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL @ OP being unlucky.
If you won 2 consecutive freerolls and then lost 20 consecutive freerolls (I suppose both MTTs) than that's not bad luck. Thats karma. And if fact it proves FTP is NOT rigged because the overall outcome was about 0 (or a little in your favor;)

[ QUOTE ]
These greedy sites are now rigging FREEROLLS...

[/ QUOTE ]
true, freeroll are like roulettes cause their players really suck (it's comparable to play money tables I would guess).
That being said that's the only reason I play (sometimes) freeroll and no other MTTs cause despite the variance they are the only MTTs I can beat [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (I suck at tournaments [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

@ ALL: this thread lacks of any real arguments on both sites. Does anyone have a real bunch of hands so he can post overall probability of all-ins (or sklansky bucks or what ever).

Cause if someone says the cards sometimes go against the math that simply has 2 explanations:
- he's wrong (because of psychology)
- the site is really rigged.
Cards can never go against the math (longterm). If they do then the site is rigged.

HiLLDiStRiCt 11-23-2007 10:10 PM

o totally agree full tilt poker is rigged.The cash games are the most rigged i could imagin the tournaments ftops ooooooooooooooooooooooomyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyy

toutatis70 11-23-2007 11:44 PM

FTP is rigged. You have to be carefull with the big hands and position bluff non stop to make your money.

gtpitch 11-23-2007 11:46 PM

Proof?

toutatis70 11-23-2007 11:54 PM

I play everyday all over the world live and online. That is just my opinion based on my experience with variance. I may be wrong, just my feelings. Again, if you bluff the TAG's from late position with trash hands you can still make money due to all the short handed people still trying to wait for a hand and bet it.

NFuego20 11-24-2007 01:38 AM

gaaaahhhhhd these threads are just so stupid, one person posts something like this and all the conspiracy theorist come out of the woodwork....can we EVER make it stop

novel20 11-24-2007 01:47 AM

Wait a minute, so far what did he win?

oober 11-24-2007 01:55 AM

FTP is not rigged. I repeat not rigged. But please turn my doom switch off?

Sevenfold 11-24-2007 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been all in with AK suited against 58o and other similar hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

Get it in with the 58o---Duh.

R*R 11-24-2007 03:47 AM

No not rigged at all but they have been giving high limit players a beating lately by freezing their funds without notifying them or responding to their emails. But hey Absolute (where top management actually cheated players) is operating as usual so these sites will do whatever they want. Oh well, back to the tables I go.

StaticVoid 11-24-2007 10:42 AM

I have proof!!!!!!

Ok one day I won a $10 sit n go and I cashed in for $50!!! Thats 5x my initial investment people so you know this raised some eyebrows.

Anyway I then started to play cash I found out that If I play like they show on TV that I actually LOSE!!! LOSE!!! How could I lose if I mimic the greats such as Jamie Gold and Chris Moneymaker? There is only 1 conclusion, these sites are RIGGED 100%. The cheat even more for big winners like myself.

Hope this clears up all the confusion and once and for all indisputable proves FTP cheats!

zen_rounder 11-24-2007 11:18 AM

OP runs like god imo "won 2 freerolls out of 20". Hes on a freeroll heater! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

JPFisher55 11-24-2007 01:44 PM

About one year ago, I started playing at FT. I left in March because I suffered more bad beats there than at any other site. I noticed that FT did not have their RNG certificate posted on their website like PS.
Now I only play at sites that have their RNG certificate posted on their website. I win at those sites, but have not won at sites like FT and UB that do not have their RNG certificates posted on their website. I played and won at AP which does have a posted RNG certificate, but left when the jackpot tables took over the site.
Make your own conclusions about sites being rigged, but this is my experience.

Suigin406 11-24-2007 03:59 PM

gah, if ur going to do one of these threads, at least try to make it fuuny...