Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Top set (deepish) on SOAKING wet board. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552298)

loosbastard 11-22-2007 03:26 PM

Top set (deepish) on SOAKING wet board.

Villain is Minsk33. He's 2+2 and almost surely a winner in these games. IMO he cold-calls a little too much pre, but otherwise I haven't seen any glaring weaknesses yet. He also seems to call me down reaaaally light FWIW. He probably has me anywhere from 20/17 to 25/21.

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $264.45
BTN: $177.75
SB: $128.20
BB: $62.05
Hero (UTG): $185.20
MP: $157.70

Pre-Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, MP folds, CO calls $4, 3 folds

Flop: ($9.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $20</font>, Hero calls $13

Turn: ($49.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $30</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $80</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $161.20 and is All-In</font>

the machine 11-22-2007 03:28 PM

Re: Top set on SOAKING wet board.

i dont understand the flop if you are sticking it in on the turn. that card shouldnt make a huge difference and he shouldnt be stacking off now if he has a queen only.

if were content getting it AI here then i think we should 3b hte flop

Shizzle12345 11-22-2007 03:29 PM

Re: Top set (deepish) on SOAKING wet board.

fistpump etc? too bad he had AJ of hearts :P

grando 11-22-2007 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand the flop if you are sticking it in on the turn. that card shouldnt make a huge difference and he shouldnt be stacking off now if he has a queen only.

[/ QUOTE ]

waiting to see if the 4th heart comes out before making a move is good a lot of the time

loosbastard 11-22-2007 03:32 PM

Re: Top set (deepish) on SOAKING wet board.

[ QUOTE ]
fistpump etc? too bad he had AJ of hearts :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Clear fistpump IMO. Just wondering if this is an ok line against a reg.

loosbastard 11-22-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

waiting to see if the 4th heart comes out before making a move is good a lot of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is 2+2 though.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Considered it, but I really didn't like the idea of a 3-bet here. If the money goes in on the flop, I'm in much worse shape than if it goes in on a blank turn.

the machine 11-22-2007 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

explain why?

imo when we dont see the card come out and hes still jamming it up we should logically think he has a flush, no? then we stick our money in with worse equity then we have on the flop. letting him set his own price on the flop prices him into drawing on us then we basically have to c/f or b/f any heart turn.

Shizzle12345 11-22-2007 03:37 PM

depends on feel imo how i play this. history with villain and how i think he views me. I like it.

the machine 11-22-2007 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Considered it, but I really didn't like the idea of a 3-bet here. If the money goes in on the flop, I'm in much worse shape than if it goes in on a blank turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

how is this possible. people stack off with FD's on the flop all the time but are not so prone to do so on hte turn with one card left to come where they dont have as much equity

Imrahil 11-22-2007 03:39 PM

I just get it in on the flop.

Ganon 11-22-2007 03:40 PM

Salut. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It's annoying that we're deep here. However I would still prefer to B3B the flop since we have top set. We max out the value vs the two lower sets and worst case scenario we have like 40% equity. We also charge him for drawing with Ah.

loosbastard 11-22-2007 06:40 PM

any other votes for 3-bet?

the machine 11-22-2007 06:41 PM

id like you to respond to my question about how its better to get it in on the turn.

loosbastard 11-22-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id like you to respond to my question about how its better to get it in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because equity wise it isn't going to make much of a difference either way: a)he has 22/44 and is crushed or b)he flopped a flush and I'm drawing to 7 outs. My equity against a flush doesn't change all THAT much from the flop to the turn. That, combined w/ the fact that I think his range for getting it on the flop is much stronger than the turn, is what made me take this line.

gawdawaful 11-22-2007 07:14 PM

turn could be a scare card that kills your action vs 222/444 though loos

the machine 11-22-2007 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because equity wise it isn't going to make much of a difference either way: a)he has 22/44 and is crushed or b)he flopped a flush and I'm drawing to 7 outs. My equity against a flush doesn't change all THAT much from the flop to the turn. That, combined w/ the fact that I think his range for getting it on the flop is much stronger than the turn, is what made me take this line.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he flopped a flush you have 9 outs on the turn and 10 on the river.

there are other cards besides 22 and 44

he may have 2 overs + draw which against a hand like 99 he has great equity, an overpair plus draw.

anyhow your equity if he does have a flush changes significantly you go from 2:1 to almost 4:1 dog. we see both card when we get it in on the flop

loosbastard 11-22-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2:1 to almost 4:1 dog

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a 3:1 dog on the turn...not 4. And maybe I'm way off on this, but if I've already decided the money is going in somewhere (barring a blank turn), then why does it even really matter what my actual equity is. I'm playing against his range, and like I mentioned earlier, I think his range for getting it in on the flop this deep is much stronger than w/ the line I took since he'll sometimes shove over me w/ the bare A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

the machine 11-22-2007 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2:1 to almost 4:1 dog

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a 3:1 dog on the turn...not 4. And maybe I'm way off on this, but if I've already decided the money is going in somewhere (barring a blank turn), then why does it even really matter what my actual equity is. I'm playing against his range, and like I mentioned earlier, I think his range for getting it in on the flop this deep is much stronger than w/ the line I took since he'll sometimes shove over me w/ the bare A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i understand your point now. i still think i get it in on the flop, a heart might kill your action as well. but yes granted that its already set that the money is going in then i understand and dont mind your line

McRoNiX 11-22-2007 07:41 PM

I hate being this deep and oop here. 100bbs is obvious 3 bet on flop imo but not so sure this deep hmm....
3bet flop and try to get it in here a lot I think. You have a good few outs like mentioned above.

nath 11-22-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My equity against a flush doesn't change all THAT much from the flop to the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure going from 35% to 20% is, in fact, significant.

[ QUOTE ]
I think his range for getting it on the flop is much stronger than the turn

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm also pretty sure this is wrong.

loosbastard 11-22-2007 07:49 PM

I drop to 23% equity, but the point is that I'm planning on felting my hand anyways...so it really doesn't matter.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also pretty sure this is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure why. What is he shoving over a flop 3-bet w/? Flushes/44/22...and he *might* even find a fold w/ 22 here. Unlikely, but still possible and I don't want to give him that chance. On the turn, he's pretty much forced to shove all his sets, and on top of that he might get frustrated w/ my line and shove over me w/ the bare A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]...which I don't think he's shoving flop w/ since it's pretty clear that he has zero FE.

nath 11-22-2007 07:54 PM

I think you see a scare card that shuts down action from 44/22 more often than you lose 44/22 on the flop. (Just for example: Turn 3c. check/check. River Jh. check/check.) I also think you're more likely to get a 4-bet shove from the Ah on the flop, whereas a decent player will probably call on the turn and try to get there.