Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Nelly as a NLH player (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550842)

Halfpoint 11-20-2007 06:40 PM

Nelly as a NLH player

Story as told from dealer- Nelly flops a set of 8's and gets it all in against AK nut flush draw.

Guy makes flush and stiffs dealer for 50k pot. Nelly tosses dealer $50 tip while chastising player for not tipping dealer.

Dealer says that Nelly is a decent player and puts in alot of hours of live NLH.

StrongArm 11-20-2007 06:43 PM

Re: Nelly as a NLH player

FIRST

LAST/

One Outer 11-20-2007 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FIRST

LAST/

[/ QUOTE ]

RETARDED

NOT LAST

If it's coming from a dealer it might not be reliable information. Dealers are usually pretty bad at poker, AFAIK.

Halfpoint 11-20-2007 06:48 PM

i guess i couldve posted this in the millionaire thread ...

p2fgf 11-20-2007 06:49 PM

lame

PokerHatesMe 11-20-2007 06:57 PM

DURTY E.N.T !

ike 11-20-2007 07:03 PM

I have heard from lots of dealers and players that Nelly is a super nice guy at the tables, fun to play with, and surprisingly good at NLH (prob not a winner at the stakes he plays, but rarely the worst player at the table).

metalfdoom 11-20-2007 07:12 PM

just a mention of Nelly made me laugh

jman220 11-20-2007 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FIRST

LAST/

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I'll allow it, for the time being.

mikech 11-20-2007 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have heard from lots of dealers and players that Nelly is a super nice guy at the tables, fun to play with, and surprisingly good at NLH (prob not a winner at the stakes he plays, but rarely the worst player at the table).

[/ QUOTE ]
pretty much all true.

i've played with him 3 or 4 times at the bellagio. he's too impatient, the money doesn't matter that much to him, so he plays too many hands. but i'm sure if he wanted to, he could play tighter and become a marginal winner in a typical live 10-20 game.

but yes, he's a nice and friendly guy, and he livens and loosens up the table and gives action. in short, great for the game.

sapol 11-20-2007 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what stakes does he play?

JJBuffone 11-20-2007 07:28 PM

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5991/nellymp6.png

Daddy Warbucks 11-20-2007 07:44 PM

I was under the impression Nelly didn't play stakes anywhere near big enough to lose 50k?

throwitback 11-20-2007 07:45 PM

he was in the 10/20 at the belly 3 days ago

mingorama 11-20-2007 07:48 PM

Plays regularly in STL. Decent player, but mikech pegged it when he said Nelly gets impatient and plays too many hands. That about sums it up.

ike 11-20-2007 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression Nelly didn't play stakes anywhere near big enough to lose 50k?

[/ QUOTE ]

i've heard about him playing at least as big as 50/100 at the bellagio

52s 11-20-2007 08:10 PM

Plays 10/20NL @ Bellagio, as some have mentioned.

Just don't go running up to the HL section looking for him for autographs and pictures. He likes sitting in the Jesus seat or 4/6 seat so he can be hidden behind the glass wall and be left alone to playing.

StrongArm 11-20-2007 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5991/nellymp6.png

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wrong, thread def. delivers

Astyanax 11-20-2007 08:35 PM

I liked this post! More stories on Nelly

ehhhhhhhhhhh must be da monies!

NickyC 11-20-2007 08:57 PM

I've played with Nelly a couple of times at Harrahs St. Louis, which he frequents quite often. I'm not much of a no limit player, hell I'm not much of a poker player in general, but I've played with him at the $2/$5 nlh max $500 buy in game. I've also seen him sit at the $5/$10 nlh with no max buy in.

All I can say is that he is a SUPER nice guy, and is completely down to earth. Everyone in the room loves him because he brings a lot of action, and treats everyone with respect. He usually shows up with a pretty large group of brothers, and 2 or 3 of them usually hover around the room in case some sort of trouble starts. These body guards are just as cool and just as polite as Nelly. One of them bumped into me one time while I was racking out, spilling some of my chips on the floor. This giant, thug looking dood says "oh man, I'm sorry sir. So sorry, let me help you pick those up". I of course refused the help for obvious reasons, but he just kept apologizing over and over.
Nelly does a lot for the community here in St. Louis, and I think he's a super guy. Enough of the nut sac riding though, I'm starting to feel like I've caught teh ghey.

Finally, I've seen him roll up in three different cars. A black Bentley sedan with enormous chrome wheels on it, a black Lambo Murci with matching black wheels, and a 360 Modena Spider. The amount of bling he wears on any given night is SIIIIICK. I'd estimate he wears anywhere from $200-$500k in jewelry each night. Also, don't look for him on the weekends. He usually comes in on Monday/Tuesday night LATE. He almost always wears a hooded sweat shirt, and leans over the table. You'll never see him unless you're looking for him.

EWS87 11-20-2007 08:58 PM

this should turn into a nelly mspaint/photoshop thread

gordo16 11-20-2007 09:35 PM

Yeah, I play the 5/10 NL game with Nelly at Harrahs whenever it gets running, and he def. is a great guy, very good for the game, and when he actually sits there and conentrates, he's not a bad player at all..

Sponger. 11-20-2007 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of them bumped into me one time while I was racking out, spilling some of my chips on the floor. This giant, thug looking dood says "oh man, I'm sorry sir. So sorry, let me help you pick those up". I of course refused the help for obvious reasons

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? What were the obvious reasons?

PartyGirlUK 11-20-2007 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of them bumped into me one time while I was racking out, spilling some of my chips on the floor. This giant, thug looking dood says "oh man, I'm sorry sir. So sorry, let me help you pick those up". I of course refused the help for obvious reasons

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cos u don't want to piss off a black dude, obviously.

BrookTrout 11-20-2007 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Letting strangers touch your chips would be my guess...

THAY3R 11-20-2007 10:05 PM

skincolorments ldo

Halfpoint 11-20-2007 10:16 PM

did you at least do black person handshake?

RikaKazak 11-20-2007 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Story as told from dealer- Nelly flops a set of 8's and gets it all in against AK nut flush draw.

Guy makes flush and stiffs dealer for 50k pot. Nelly tosses dealer $50 tip while chastising player for not tipping dealer.

Dealer says that Nelly is a decent player and puts in alot of hours of live NLH.

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't this hand take place months ago?

I think there was already a thread on this.

rocketsfan4lyfe 11-20-2007 10:34 PM

dealer said that?

Nick Rivers 11-20-2007 10:35 PM

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1...botxclafa1.jpg

NickyC 11-20-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just letting someone I don't know pick up my money. I doubt any of those guys would care about stealing a pickle ($25) or two, but I'd rather not worry about it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

kuelk420 11-20-2007 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did you at least do black person handshake?

[/ QUOTE ]
beat me to it

Chino Brown 11-21-2007 01:14 AM

Tip Drill, ldo.

PokerBob 11-21-2007 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

black men, like pythons, often lash out with lethal force when they feel threatened/dissed. duh.

mocky 11-21-2007 03:18 AM

Nelly Furtado plays poker now?

EWS87 11-21-2007 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just letting someone I don't know pick up my money. I doubt any of those guys would care about stealing a pickle ($25) or two, but I'd rather not worry about it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
i like how you called a 25 chip a pickle...its cool because they are both green...i see what u did there

kickpushcoast 11-21-2007 03:32 AM

I've hung out in the VIP areas of Vision and Compound in Atlanta quite a few times, he was at Vision one time with his some of his "crew" or whatever, they all seemed pretty cool. Most rappers are actually pretty down to earth and cool in person, as long as you approach them the right way. I've met Jeezy, TI, Akon, Farnsworth Bentley, and a few behind the scenes people, none of them were anything but cool. Athletes seem to be either total d-bags or really nice, most actors(and Hollywood people in general) are jackasses from what i've seen.

also, lol at thinking one of those guys would take some of the chips you dropped

Futtocked 11-21-2007 03:37 AM

no Nelly gimmicks?

cking 11-21-2007 07:49 AM

nelly complimented my friends extremly ugly jacket in vegas during the WSOP. Instead of saying thanks my friend was just like "yeah i know"

god that was an ugly ass jacket

KamiKatze 11-21-2007 09:00 AM

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...-n_dey_say.jpg