Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   .25-.50 6max - fold river? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549971)

RobA 11-19-2007 05:49 PM

.25-.50 6max - fold river?

.25-.50 6max on Full Tilt

Villain (HJ) is 34/20/1.80 through 72 hands.

HJ opens. CO ccs. I 3bet T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Blinds fold.

Flop (10.5SB) J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
HJ bets, CO folds, I call.

Turn (6.25BB). 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
HJ bets. I call.

River (8.25BB). 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
HJ bets. I?

Comments on all streeets appreciated.

londomollari 11-19-2007 05:56 PM

Re: .25-.50 6max - fold river?

You called the flop because you though he was capable of bluffing with a straight or diamond draw nothing much has changed; unless he has shown propensity to give up on the river I'd call.

numbnuts007 11-19-2007 05:58 PM

I think you can call the river. I'm not happy about it, but getting over 9:1 I think you'll see busted diamonds or straights enough.

Seb86 11-19-2007 05:59 PM

I would raise the flop for both.

iceit 11-19-2007 06:01 PM

I think that it was played pretty weak on the flop considering that you 3 bet preflop. As played if you called down the flop and turn, a 5h wont change much so you should call.

kross 11-19-2007 06:46 PM

And you'll see small pocket pairs value betting against your "obvious" AK.

thrasher789 11-19-2007 07:02 PM

At this point you pretty much have to call, as soon as you called the turn you pretty much put him on a bluff right? I might fold here becuase he sure hans't shown any weakness in his betting but by this point I think your better off just calling with 9:1 on the money and hope he flips over 99 or AK

RobA 11-19-2007 07:20 PM

I called the turn because I thought to myself "6 outs" (vs. AQ or AJ). Also i'm winning sometimes, and a decent amount of those times he'll give up on the river. All together I felt like that added up to a call.

Could someone pokerstove my equity vs. A6-AT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K7-KQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 44-TT, AJ, AQ, T9s, and KTs. (and whatever else you can put in his range).

Tryptamean 11-19-2007 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I called the turn because I thought to myself "6 outs" (vs. AQ or AJ). Also i'm winning sometimes, and a decent amount of those times he'll give up on the river. All together I felt like that added up to a call.

Could someone pokerstove my equity vs. A6-AT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K7-KQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 44-TT, AJ, AQ, T9s, and KTs. (and whatever else you can put in his range).

[/ QUOTE ]
I play it the same and I call river. pokerstove is really easy to use btw

RobA 11-20-2007 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I play it the same and I call river. pokerstove is really easy to use btw

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm a technophobe. no cell phone until 2003. the last person to get pokertracker. cant get pokerace to work. do you have to download stuff for pokerstove?

ssmallz 11-20-2007 08:00 PM

Easy river fold, I prolly fold the flop, but prolly still call the turn. On the flop you've got crap equity, about the only hand you're good against is a hand like T9. Sure he could be bluffing a diamond draw but a diamond draw has about 45% equity, add in the rest of his range and you're crushed.

Your 3 bet pf shows tremendous strenth and he's pretty much telling you he doesn't care. His hand range when he donks the flop is likely AQ, sets, Axd, KQ, KJ, QJ, KT, QT, AK. W/2 overs to your hand in the playing range, you're drawing to 2 outs and runners.

River is an easy fold, you're just not good here 11% of the time

Bruce D 11-21-2007 07:25 AM

I hate the flop call. I either fold or raise. A raise saves you half a bet if you are detemined to showdown (unless you get 3 bet or donked into on the turn in which case I am folding the turn UI) Here we picked up a gutter and it's gross. Now our 4 ten outs are reduced because anyone with a 9 has a straight. Now we are peeling to a 9. Four outs that aren't even the nuts. Call it 3.5 outs. Seven and a quarter bets in the middle. Not nearly enough for me to peel (Not to mention I could now be drawing to a split pot which means I could have as few as 2.5 outs now reduced for someones flush redraw.) I fold the turn.

The way it was played, on the river I fold. I agree with ssmallz. You are not good here 11% of the time.