Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   *** New improved FTP regulars thread - all limits*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548788)

SimaoMacaco 11-18-2007 04:45 AM

*** New improved FTP regulars thread - all limits***

Time for a new full tilt poker hang out thread that includes all stakes.

Link to old 2+2 100nl 200nl regs thread

And we can start with some polls.

SimaoMacaco 11-18-2007 04:53 AM

Re: *** New improved FTP regulars thread - all limits***

[ QUOTE ]
TO1: i play under NuttyNuts what do you guys think of me?

[/ QUOTE ]

kidpokeher 11-18-2007 05:58 AM

You're kinda nutty.

LifeTilt 11-18-2007 06:52 AM

So I decided to buy the ipod touch with my FT points instead of a plasma. I figured I would be able to sell the ipods and buy a 1080p plasma of my choice instead (rather than the 720p Panasonic relic they have). Then I found out about an inventory problem at the FT store, so I sent an e-mail and here's the deal...

> To whom it may concern:
>
> I was informed that there may be a delay in the shipping of the iPod Touch
> due to an inventory problem. I would appreciate any information, as I ordered six (6) of them yesterday.
>
> Thank you in advance

REPLY:

Thank you for your email. The iPods are currently on backorder, however
we are expecting more shipments to arrive. We generally estimate 4 weeks
for delivery, however due to the iPods being backordered with our vendor,
delivery may take longer.

Let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Regards,

Riley
Full Tilt Store

Kos13 11-18-2007 07:01 AM

Ouch, that sucks. Am I correct that each iPod sets you back $120.15 (.27 * 89000/200) in rakeback dollars? That's disgusting.

AceCR9 11-18-2007 07:01 AM

there are maybe 4 good FTP 5/10 regs.

and I run/play good vs all 3 of them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

nation 11-18-2007 07:05 AM

hey could someone teach me how to calculate how much rb will be taken out if i buy something in ftp store? like i understand on a basic level that it works out to around 27% of the item's true value, but i'd like the actual formula to calculate it.

what's the 200 part of your equation kos?

Kos13 11-18-2007 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey could someone teach me how to calculate how much rb will be taken out if i buy something in ftp store? like i understand on a basic level that it works out to around 27% of the item's true value, but i'd like the actual formula to calculate it.

what's the 200 part of your equation kos?

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, each FTP point is worth half a cent, so in order to find out how much MGR you lose, you divide the cost (in points) by 200. Then, you are returned 27% of your MGR, so .27X / 200 (where X = the number of FTP points) should be your "cost" in rakeback.

(Someone confirm this, please.)

nation 11-18-2007 07:13 AM

what do you mean we're returned 27% of your MGR? wouldn't you be returned 73%?

TO1 11-18-2007 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're kinda nutty.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol anyone have stats on NuttyNuts?

Acevader 11-18-2007 08:55 AM

Holly [censored]!! Are you telling me that if you buy stuff from the store you lose the equivalent value of that product in MGR? That being the case you actually gain nothing from buying stuff from the store surely? Your best bet would be to save points until you've decided to leave the site for good then go on a mass spending spree.

kidpokeher 11-18-2007 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're kinda nutty.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol anyone have stats on NuttyNuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

At the 200 level I've got you as 21/8/1.68. You fold SB to steal 84% of the time and BB 80%. WTSD=24%, W$SD=49%. How close am I?

billb 11-18-2007 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Holly [censored]!! Are you telling me that if you buy stuff from the store you lose the equivalent value of that product in MGR? That being the case you actually gain nothing from buying stuff from the store surely? Your best bet would be to save points until you've decided to leave the site for good then go on a mass spending spree.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I have been thinking.

I wish they would offer at least tournament tickets that wouldn't count against rakeback like Ironman store does.

vizer02 11-18-2007 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I decided to buy the ipod touch with my FT points instead of a plasma.

[/ QUOTE ]
When did you order these? I ordered one on October 27th, have received the confirmation email, but haven't heard anything since and haven't received it yet.

vizer02 11-18-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Holly [censored]!! Are you telling me that if you buy stuff from the store you lose the equivalent value of that product in MGR?

[/ QUOTE ]

Regarding FTP store purchases affecting your rakeback, here is the calculation: # of FTP points x $0.005 X 0.27 = Amt. of money deducted from your actual rakeback payout. So the 42in Plasma would really cost $405, which is still a good deal because even on Black Friday it's selling for $899 at Best Buy. It's normal price at Best Buy is $1399.

oober 11-18-2007 03:51 PM

Question. I believe Ironmand store purchases don't affect MGR, Correct?

If so, if someone takes the 300$ or 600$ bonus, there is no deduction? Or do these bonus's work the same as deposit bonuses?

billb 11-18-2007 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question. I believe Ironmand store purchases don't affect MGR, Correct?

If so, if someone takes the 300$ or 600$ bonus, there is no deduction? Or do these bonus's work the same as deposit bonuses?

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone in the zoo said it does affect rakeback and the only way around it was to buy tournty tickets, which does not affect your rakeback.

Disclaimer:This is just what I read.

oober 11-18-2007 04:31 PM

Ok, that makes sense then, because why would 1 store affect and not the other? Thanks.

vizer02 11-18-2007 04:49 PM

Yes, bonuses affect your MGR as well.

oober 11-18-2007 06:07 PM

SO tourney tickets the best way to go with medals?

kidpokeher 11-18-2007 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I decided to buy the ipod touch with my FT points instead of a plasma.

[/ QUOTE ]
When did you order these? I ordered one on October 27th, have received the confirmation email, but haven't heard anything since and haven't received it yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered one right about the time they hit the stores. Got a tracking number last week from some unknown sender. I assumed it was the Touch but after LifeTilt's post I'm not so sure.

notfreemoney 11-18-2007 06:44 PM

this quickly turned into the official MGR calculation thread...

zyrrth 11-18-2007 06:48 PM

what's MGR?

Acevader 11-18-2007 06:51 PM

Does anyone know of, or can think of, a way round the MGR problem when you purchase things. Is there any way to transfer points to another poker account? I'm thinking I might horde points for years until I'm ready to step down from Full Tilt being my main breadwinner and then I'll just empty the lot in the store. Seems to be the only way!!

Kos13 11-18-2007 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know of, or can think of, a way round the MGR problem when you purchase things. Is there any way to transfer points to another poker account? I'm thinking I might horde points for years until I'm ready to step down from Full Tilt being my main breadwinner and then I'll just empty the lot in the store. Seems to be the only way!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the best way to go. Just save them up until you're done with Full Tilt, wait a month (until your last rakeback payment is made), and then spend the points.

EDIT: I suppose you could also buy a tourney ticket and sell it for 90 cents on the dollar.

oober 11-18-2007 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this quickly turned into the official MGR calculation thread...

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right, lets get back on point, Talk about players...
Recently had to move down in stakes, cause I suck obv, but anyways... What you guys know about these players?

fakker11
stoyster
joepoker77
B3DE23

vizer02 11-18-2007 07:45 PM

This is a FTP regulars thread, it doesn't have to be just talking about the players. Anyway, you may also want to include the limit that you are referring to when you ask about players.

oober 11-18-2007 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a FTP regulars thread, it doesn't have to be just talking about the players. Anyway, you may also want to include the limit that you are referring to when you ask about players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, my bad. 50nl 50nl 50nl 50nl !!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

billb 11-18-2007 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the best way to go. Just save them up until you're done with Full Tilt, wait a month (until your last rakeback payment is made), and then spend the points.

EDIT: I suppose you could also buy a tourney ticket and sell it for 90 cents on the dollar.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you sell tourny tickets on FT?
Can you sell or transfer FT points?

CaptVimes 11-18-2007 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Recently had to move down in stakes, cause I suck obv, but anyways... What you guys know about these players?

fakker11
stoyster
joepoker77
B3DE23

[/ QUOTE ]

Played with joepoker77 at NL10 over the summer, last time was in early August. He ran 15/9/6 over 530 hands. He wasn't outstanding. I have him as breakeven over those hands but the sample isn't really that big. Him and I played a bunch together but generally stayed out of each others way.

Multitabling Tag.

xxrod17xx 11-18-2007 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

fakker11
stoyster
joepoker77
B3DE23

[/ QUOTE ]

Played with joepoker77 at NL10 over the summer, last time was in early August. He ran 15/9/6 over 530 hands. He wasn't outstanding. I have him as breakeven over those hands but the sample isn't really that big. Him and I played a bunch together but generally stayed out of each others way.

Multitabling Tag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Joepoker77 -$1 through 8k hands at 10NL. 27/9/4.75

I cant recall playing against him most of hands were prob datamined.

At 25NL I have 500 hand with him: ~13/10/5 He was pretty taggy, although we didnt play too many pots against eachother cause I am a nit and dont play pots against ne one.

Also are you sure it isnt stoystar? I have a stoystar in my DB.

oober 11-18-2007 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

fakker11
stoyster
joepoker77
B3DE23

[/ QUOTE ]

Multitabling Tag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Joepoker77 -$1 through 8k hands at 10NL. 27/9/4.75

I cant recall playing against him most of hands were prob datamined.

At 25NL I have 500 hand with him: ~13/10/5 He was pretty taggy, although we didnt play too many pots against eachother cause I am a nit and dont play pots against ne one.

Also are you sure it isnt stoystar? I have a stoystar in my DB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I believe thats it.

LifeTilt 11-19-2007 08:58 AM

For all those wondering, I bought the iPod Touhes about Nov. 8th, but others who did in late October were given the same "out of stock" notice.

negipai98 11-19-2007 08:10 PM

I played 777 hands vs. joepoker77 at 25NL between in Sep and Oct of this year. He ran 12/9/5 and was up about 3 buy-ins over that time. Not sure where he is now.

Don't have any info on the others you mentioned.

oober 11-19-2007 11:02 PM

CHepCHapCHep. probably a player here, but anyways, info on him???

Full Tilt Poker Game #4230862208: Table Tipperary - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:35:37 ET - 2007/11/19
Seat 1: callbluff1 ($67.95)
Seat 2: Gigabet_75 ($29.45)
Seat 3: ChepChapChep ($89.80)
Seat 4: Donerle ($42.80)
Seat 5: woody1225 ($9.50)
Seat 6: Mary Hatch ($53.70)
Seat 7: sonofagun89 ($48)
Seat 8: N Ross ($46.45)
Seat 9: oober ($69.20)
Gigabet_75 posts the small blind of $0.25
ChepChapChep posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to oober [Ad 4c]
Donerle folds
woody1225 folds
Mary Hatch folds
sonofagun89 folds
N Ross folds
oober raises to $1.75
callbluff1 folds
Gigabet_75 calls $1.50
ChepChapChep has 15 seconds left to act
ChepChapChep calls $1.25
*** FLOP *** [Tc 9h Ac]
Gigabet_75 checks
ChepChapChep checks
oober has 15 seconds left to act
oober bets $4.50
Gigabet_75 folds
ChepChapChep calls $4.50
*** TURN *** [Tc 9h Ac] [Kh]
ChepChapChep checks
oober checks
*** RIVER *** [Tc 9h Ac Kh] [8h]
ChepChapChep bets $8
oober folds
Uncalled bet of $8 returned to ChepChapChep
ChepChapChep mucks
ChepChapChep wins the pot ($13.55)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $14.25 | Rake $0.70
Board: [Tc 9h Ac Kh 8h]
Seat 1: callbluff1 (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: Gigabet_75 (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: ChepChapChep (big blind) collected ($13.55), mucked
Seat 4: Donerle didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: woody1225 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: Mary Hatch didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: sonofagun89 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: N Ross didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: oober folded on the River

Split Suit 11-19-2007 11:08 PM

anyone that has played with me at any limits (mostly 50NL and 100NL)...wanna critique me and bring up awesome hands?

"Its RIGGIGGITY"

kthnx

oober 11-19-2007 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone that has played with me at any limits (mostly 50NL and 100NL)...wanna critique me and bring up awesome hands?

"Its RIGGIGGITY"

kthnx

[/ QUOTE ]

Names familiar, but I purged my DB recently. Have anything on me, I really could use the critique. oober is the name obv.

Vizer, you too if you could comment. October was my worst month ever. 5th and worst losing month in 5yrs of playing. Tell me I was just running bad. Please? lol

Split Suit 11-19-2007 11:21 PM

oober...i have only 1K hands on u...all datamined i believe.

ur -3BI. runnin 16/6/2

u seem to b stacking off with 1pr quite often. and generally not great 1pr hands. i wont post any for privacy reasons...but i might look at locking that leak up pretty quickly

oober 11-19-2007 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oober...i have only 1K hands on u...all datamined i believe.

ur -3BI. runnin 16/6/2

u seem to b stacking off with 1pr quite often. and generally not great 1pr hands. i wont post any for privacy reasons...but i might look at locking that leak up pretty quickly

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you are quite correct. I know I was playing horribly. let's just call it extended tilt for the whole month. For a min I just didn't care, but leak taken care of. TY Split appreciate the honesty!!!!!!!

Acutally moved down a level to get my head on str8. Hated doing, but had to be honest with myself...

vizer02 11-19-2007 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Names familiar, but I purged my DB recently. Have anything on me, I really could use the critique. oober is the name obv.

Vizer, you too if you could comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll look some hands up I have on you when my poker tracker wakes up from it's freaking nap. Split, I'd try to critique you but somehow we managed to almost never play against each other, wtf?