Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Why do none of the 3/6 and 5/10 full ring players post here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548364)

EPiPeN11 11-17-2007 02:19 PM

Why do none of the 3/6 and 5/10 full ring players post here?

Just wondering why none of them post here for the most part and it's all 2/4 and below players. Anyone have any explination?

moldman 11-17-2007 02:22 PM

Re: Why do none of the 3/6 and 5/10 full ring players post here?

People who play that high don't want to share any information about the way they play.

EPiPeN11 11-17-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who play that high don't want to share any information about the way they play.

[/ QUOTE ]

But people post in the high stakes forum all the time and they play higher than 3/6 and 5/10.

Falc 11-17-2007 02:26 PM

Because no-one of them else posts here. A lot more good players at MSNL and HSNL. We suck. They don't want advice from a forum that contains NL2 hands (split gogo). etc.

LifeTilt 11-17-2007 02:29 PM

For most of them, these boards have become a joke, and they prefer to talk to other 2p2ers that have been here since 2004 or earlier. I think the ones who are here don't say a whole lot because the play is, for the most part, just on a different level.

Falc 11-17-2007 02:30 PM

Also, there are some of them here like GrandMelon, QTip and Acer9 just not alot of them.

EPiPeN11 11-17-2007 02:30 PM

Ok thanks.

Renton 11-17-2007 02:34 PM

generally the commentary here is weakish

coordi 11-17-2007 02:51 PM

They prefer to lurk/post elsewhere

Berge20 11-17-2007 02:53 PM

Plus, since FR is relatively new--they had a pretty tight community built up already in MS/HS

GrandMelon 11-17-2007 03:04 PM

I do but I suck apparently

GrandMelon 11-17-2007 03:08 PM

plus most people play SH anyway

too eazy 11-17-2007 03:31 PM

i think the majority of this reason is that the forum is not split

ship_it_trebek 11-17-2007 03:34 PM

This thread is easily going to morph into the monthly split thread (split go go!)

EPiPeN11 11-17-2007 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
plus most people play SH anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize this but there are still a ton of 3/6 and 5/10 nl full ring regs who I play with all the time and I never see any of them post here. I do now understand why they don't post here for reasons explained in this thread.

EPiPeN11 11-17-2007 03:37 PM

It def does make sense this forum should split into lowstakes, medium and high like they do with shorthanded. I don't understand why this hasn't been done yet. I don't post/read here often, so does anyone have any explinations why a split hasn't been done?

AllTheCheese 11-17-2007 03:37 PM

What's this "split go go!" business? What does that mean?

TheChad 11-17-2007 03:37 PM

most of them play SH at those stakes. the FR players prob just disguise their hands as SH plays and get better commentary. I certainly do. and yeah, I don't really see this taking off unless we can get the MSNLers to start cross-posting and getting in heah.

SimaoMacaco 11-17-2007 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is easily going to morph into the monthly split thread (split go go!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a split is a good idea.. although the idea seems to get floated every so often like a couple of rags, then the time bank gets used and then its just in the muck without showing.

SimaoMacaco 11-17-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Basicaly the split idea is like abroken relationship, there will be a lot of venting, a 50/50 of oppinions for the split with the micro guys wanting it together and higher stakes wanting it split and some cross over. Lots of people will post their thoughts. Some will be funny, some will be rude, some will not make sense. Then the thread will die and we will carry on as always.

AllTheCheese 11-17-2007 03:45 PM

IMO a lot of the commentary for 6-max is inapplicable to FR. For example, it's frequently trivial to get all-in with Queens in 6-max, and one pair is much more often a stack-off hand. I would take 6-max advice with a grain of salt, or risk winding up leveling my JJ all-in preflop into BTN's AA.

ship_it_trebek 11-17-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Every month there seems to be a debate over whether the forum should split into high and low stakes. The same routine seems to occur, in general low stakes players say no and high stakes players say yes and will post more if theres a split. No consensus is reached then there is an argument at where to split it (NL100 or NL200), the thread dies and reincarnates every so often.

AllTheCheese 11-17-2007 03:49 PM

Thanks for the clarification, guys.

::so tempted to give my opinion::

soah 11-17-2007 03:50 PM

A lot of people read stuff that gets posted here and I don't know who they are when I play against them. It's not often that I have questions that I think people here can help me with which don't reveal exploitative/exploitable tendencies in my thinking.

For example most of the time I play pretty straightforward but every here and there I will make a big play based upon a read or just intuition... the last thing I'm gonna do is post here to explain exactly which details of the hand led me to make that read. Playing against total unknowns who know how to get me to call down all three streets with a bluffcatcher is just so bad for me.

AceCR9 11-17-2007 04:19 PM

hi

Landlord79 11-17-2007 07:27 PM

Split! Gogogogogo

I've started floating over to the MSNL forum so that I can read some none "Should I fold this bottom set?" information.

DjSkyy 11-17-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering why none of them post here for the most part and it's all 2/4 and below players. Anyone have any explination?

[/ QUOTE ]
I post here sometimes, but ppl tend to say rude things to me, just like you do at the tables Epi! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

EPiPeN11 11-17-2007 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I post here sometimes, but ppl tend to say rude things to me, just like you do at the tables Epi! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL sorry I only talk crap occasionally when pokerstars is royally [censored] me. It's usually after the 7th or 8th bad beat of the day I take my agression out on some unfortunate soul [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

What's your name on ps?

coordi 11-17-2007 08:02 PM

MS reg from SF who isnt out in the open...

BinaryFinary

EPiPeN11 11-17-2007 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BinaryFinary

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh BinaryFinary, you are a good player man I respect your game, don't take my [censored] talking personally.

kidpokeher 11-17-2007 10:23 PM

If you're really BinaryFinary, prove it. Matt Darey or PVD remix?

DjSkyy 11-18-2007 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BinaryFinary

[/ QUOTE ]

Good guess, and i wasn't really trying to be incognito, i figured it'd be obvious with the SF + my name "DJ" with my stars icon.

And to Epi - yeah i wasn't actually mad, just messing around, and thanks for the kind words [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

DjSkyy 11-18-2007 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The funny thing about this is that Binary Finary is actually the name of the production duo that made the song they are known for - titled 1998. And Binary Finary actually IS Matt Darey along with his friend, Stuart Matheson.

Possibly one of the greatest songs ever.

the_main 11-18-2007 11:56 PM

hi binary

split the forum

Self Made 11-19-2007 12:03 AM

If this forum was split the high-limit part would presumably generate more high-limit posts than there are now. High limit posters would get to deal with more knowledgeable players, which they'd prefer.

There's plenty of traffic in this forum, so I don't see why it shouldn't be split. If you had a mid-high limit part, it might be a bit slow at first, but there are plenty of low limit posts already. And the mid-high limit section would attract the post that are going up in other forums now.

There's a problem with the current setup. The other forums don't say "shorthanded" in their titles, but this one says full ring. As a new poster in this forum, I can tell you that it's confusing. Especially since you can find full ring posts in some of the "shorthanded" forums. And they don't seem to specify that they're for shorthanded posts only.

EN09 11-19-2007 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

'cuz i'm still workin' my way up there??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Das Budrick 11-19-2007 12:19 AM

somebody may as well bump the most recent split thread

kidpokeher 11-19-2007 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The funny thing about this is that Binary Finary is actually the name of the production duo that made the song they are known for - titled 1998. And Binary Finary actually IS Matt Darey along with his friend, Stuart Matheson.

Possibly one of the greatest songs ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Still have the vinyl in a box. If anyone's curious, here are some YouTube links:

Binary Finary - 1998 (Paul Van Dyk remix)

Binary Finary - 1998 (Matt Darey Remix)

In action at Cream, Ibiza (low quality video)

end of hijack.

oldschool 11-19-2007 12:33 AM

I don’t post here because MANY posters here are arrogant mediocre players and posters. You have a few decent players like Renton, GM, BottomSet, DLM, Sabre, Too Easy …mebbe more but no good players. Phresh tried to help out and for some reason you guys pissed him off to the point where he wont post here any more. Bottom line is that most of you play FR for a reason and we all know that. Very few of you can play shorthanded or heads up which basically means you cant play poker very well, so no one wants your advice. That’s why no good players post strat in this forum. Its not just because of the low limit garbage which is another problem in itself. Its that you really aren’t poker players if you play Full ring as your game of choice. YOU ARE NITZ.

AllTheCheese 11-19-2007 12:35 AM

Wow, harsh.