Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Reprieve for Sheikhan (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548343)

carlgraham 11-17-2007 01:26 PM

Reprieve for Sheikhan

An immigration judge stopped Shawn Sheikhan's deportation proceedings, ruling that the feds had failed to provide sufficient evidence in support of the deportation motion.

You can read more here: Las Vegas Review-Journal

Cheers, Carl.

Colin 11-17-2007 01:27 PM

Re: Reprieve for Sheikhan

damn =[

ImInDanger 11-17-2007 01:36 PM

it said he was a pro poker player and businessman anyone know what type of business he is in?

tubk 11-17-2007 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it said he was a pro poker player and businessman anyone know what type of business he is in?

[/ QUOTE ]

child pron ldo

TropAndEastern 11-17-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. He owns a few smoke shops around town called Diversity. He'll sell you a bong (excuse me, water pipe) and a body piercing all in one stop shopping.

Moneyball16 11-17-2007 01:43 PM

He owns a bunch of tattoo shops I believe.

ItSucksBro 11-17-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An immigration judge stopped Shawn Sheikhan's deportation proceedings, ruling that the feds had failed to provide sufficient evidence in support of the deportation motion.

You can read more here: Las Vegas Review-Journal

Cheers, Carl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw this idiot, send him back where he came from, hes a fregin jerk.

selurah 11-17-2007 03:06 PM

Good.

Worm1313 11-17-2007 03:34 PM

Honestly, good for him.

petp_the_greek 11-17-2007 03:37 PM

good to hear.

some people might think he's a jerk (i dont, i think he's fun to watch), but anyone who knows the background of this case will agree this whole thing was total BS.

i wonder if this will 'blacklist' sheiky from all the poker tv shows (PAD, HSP)

Lucky 11-17-2007 03:40 PM

Good for Sheiky. He committed a crime, did his time, that should be it.

The guy's basically a citizen, for how long he's been here.

threeplusthree 11-17-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good to hear.

some people might think he's a jerk (i dont, i think he's fun to watch), but anyone who knows the background of this case will agree this whole thing was total BS.

i wonder if this will 'blacklist' sheiky from all the poker tv shows (PAD, HSP)

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, that cocaine bust etc etc really damaged Mike's rep too.

oh wait

amirite [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Joseph Hewes 11-17-2007 03:52 PM

Why are they wasting time on a small-time clown like Sheiky? What are they smoking?

selurah 11-17-2007 06:10 PM

This whole thing was absurd to begin with. They decide they are going to try and deport the guy for a crime that he committed 12 years ago. A crime that was apparently so heinous that the Contra County office that prosecuted him couldn't remember or produce any details about the case to a judge b/c "they don't keep misdemeanor case files for more than 10 years." You would think that if the guy needed to be deported b/c he was some kind of threat that maybe someone would know what his case was about.

Not only that but the guy:

1. Has been living in the US since the age of 9.
2. Has been a legal permanent resident of the US since 1983.
3. Is married to a US citizen and has a 9 year old daughter.

What kind of morons does The Department of Homeland Security have working for them is what I want to know?

rocketsfan4lyfe 11-17-2007 06:15 PM

why the [censored] do people still a give [censored] about this?

Farfenugen 11-17-2007 07:31 PM

Good to hear. I don't particularly like the guy but injustice isn't right either.

Hotel Detect 11-17-2007 07:38 PM

yeah there is no way that his offenses merit deportation. I am glad this screw job didnt go through. Now i can look forward to seeing sheikhan and his faux hawk douchebag entourage around town. Heh, honestly I get a kick out of it.

Mr_Mxyztplk 11-17-2007 07:45 PM

will anyone bring up the pedo charges during a game to put him on tilt now?

heater 11-17-2007 08:30 PM

Regardless of one's feelings towards Sheiky, this is justice. (At least it is as far as I know.)

heater 11-17-2007 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
will anyone bring up the pedo charges during a game to put him on tilt now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and he'll probably pull pics of some blazing hot chick who happens to be 17-years old out of his wallet and laugh in your face.

TylerD 11-17-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good for Sheiky. He committed a crime, did his time, that should be it.

The guy's basically a citizen, for how long he's been here.

[/ QUOTE ]

heater 11-17-2007 08:37 PM

Besides, all you have to do to tilt him is sit down at the table and tell him your goal today is to tilt him. Keep reminding him of that and inside of five minutes his head asplodes. He has the emotional control of a four year old.

coranoben 11-17-2007 10:00 PM

What are the details of his crime in the 90's ?

carlgraham 11-18-2007 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are the details of his crime in the 90's ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently no one really knows, least of all DHS. Something to do with having a relationship with a girl under the age of 18 when he was 3 or so years older than her. Not pedophilia, but two young people in lust.

Cheers, Carl.

apefish 11-18-2007 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What kind of morons does The Department of Homeland Security have working for them is what I want to know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the biggest and best in the world.

Bulletproof Monk 11-18-2007 03:51 AM

huzzah!

JokersAttack 11-18-2007 07:17 AM

shawn shakone!

Gonso 11-18-2007 09:08 AM

LOL

I don't care what anyone says, I was truly hoping he would get deported. It might be a waste of taxpayer money relative to other needs, but I dunno it seems worth it somehow

augie_ 11-18-2007 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This whole thing was absurd to begin with. They decide they are going to try and deport the guy for a crime that he committed 12 years ago. A crime that was apparently so heinous that the Contra County office that prosecuted him couldn't remember or produce any details about the case to a judge b/c "they don't keep misdemeanor case files for more than 10 years." You would think that if the guy needed to be deported b/c he was some kind of threat that maybe someone would know what his case was about.

Not only that but the guy:

1. Has been living in the US since the age of 9.
2. Has been a legal permanent resident of the US since 1983.
3. Is married to a US citizen and has a 9 year old daughter.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes thank you. i was also one of the many that felt very bad for sheiky!

threeplusthree 11-18-2007 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL

I don't care what anyone says, I was truly hoping he would get deported. It might be a waste of taxpayer money relative to other needs, but I dunno it seems worth it somehow

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you get deported too, in fact I would pay for it

zen_rounder 11-18-2007 10:24 AM

the current us regime is a run by right wing neo conservative racsist, religous zealots, who try to create a climate of fear by having a phoney war on terror as an excuse to round up anyone they dont like. room 101 ... 1984 your living it right now in the usa.

jman220 11-18-2007 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the current us regime is a run by right wing neo conservative racsist, religous zealots, who try to create a climate of fear by having a phoney war on terror as an excuse to round up anyone they dont like. room 101 ... 1984 your living it right now in the usa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep up the responses like this and I'm shipping this thread straight to the politards forum.

Daddy Warbucks 11-18-2007 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you get deported too, in fact I would pay for it

[/ QUOTE ]

Change avatar plz.

Dialect 11-18-2007 12:34 PM

Thank God! I don't know what I'd do without Diversity!
/sarcasm

pricedin 11-18-2007 01:53 PM

This entire case seemed stupid and from what I hear Sheiky is actually a pretty nice guy.

Good for him.

David Sklansky 11-18-2007 04:09 PM

What I take from this is not that we have a repressive government. But rather that there are a lot of people in the government who are pretty mediocre, know it, and desperately look for opportunities to prove they shouldn't lose their job. So when a case comes up that happens to extremely technically meet the criteria that have been written down somewhere, they jump on it to prove they are doing something.

The fact that the totality of the situation made it obvious that the written rules didn't apply here, was not something they wanted to hear because that would not help them personally. The fact that it was a 20 year old having an altercation with his 17 year old girlfriend (or something along those lines) and that it was twelve years ago and that he is now married to an American woman and has an American daughter and that he came here when he was nine and now mainly hangs around with Jews was obviously no consequence at first to these mediocre functionaries. Nor was the fact that it would hurt the American economy to deport a guy who loves to draw three.

selurah 11-18-2007 04:24 PM

Politics: Here this thread comes!

Bulletproof Monk 11-18-2007 04:46 PM

but dey took our jerbs

menacing_1 11-18-2007 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and now mainly hangs around with Jews

[/ QUOTE ]

?

HoosierAlum 11-18-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nor was the fact that it would hurt the American economy to deport a guy who loves to draw three.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice