Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   2/4 all streets would like comments.... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545570)

jlocdog 11-13-2007 09:55 PM

2/4 all streets would like comments....

2/4 nl on ftp (6 handed).

I have $350 and BTN has $450

Nobody at the table is particularly noteworthy in terms of being extra good or bad. They just there.

UTG limps. BTN limps. SB completes and I check from the BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

($16) Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

SB checks, I bet $14, UTG calls, BTN calls, SB folds.

($58) Turn comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I bet $50, UTG folds, BTN calls.

($158) River is J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

What up....

ArturiusX 11-13-2007 09:57 PM

Re: 2/4 all streets would like comments....

Block the river I guess, 90.

mythrilfox 11-13-2007 10:05 PM

naw, c/f it. dunno what worse hands he bets, and arent that many worse hands that call here either.

ArturiusX 11-13-2007 10:15 PM

Oh, I read the reads as "table noteworthy as being bad". c/f is fine.

jlocdog 11-13-2007 10:16 PM

I just want to say that I feel the hand was misplayed on some streets. Also, many worse hands would bet if we check on this board. Namely FD' and SD's that turned into pairs and are bluffing. Also if we bet, worse 2purr hands may very well call....

corin 11-13-2007 11:36 PM

Never block this river. c/c >>> block to say nothing of c/f option

nuggetz87 11-14-2007 12:12 AM

uhh...how about c/c?

jlocdog 11-14-2007 02:06 AM

To start, how does everyone view my flop play? Is there a better line or is thi 'standard' for all of you?

Evigt_Drabbad 11-14-2007 02:33 AM

i think u played it fine on flop and turn river is c/c sometimes c/f

ddubois 11-14-2007 02:34 AM

I check flop.

wazz 11-14-2007 08:27 AM

Played pretty well, now check-call and snap off missed clubs.

Choparno 11-14-2007 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To start, how does everyone view my flop play? Is there a better line or is thi 'standard' for all of you?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's standard for me but I also like leading sets/draws/two pair as well as weak TP.

jlocdog 11-14-2007 05:20 PM

Here's my thinking on the flop (after the fact ofcourse). My lead into 3 others will rarely win the pot for me right there. And if I don't hit my 3 outer (since another K won't really affect my situation all that much since I won't get any value from worse hands at that point) I will be forced to c/f most turns. Thus my flop bet seems a bit spewy, no? It just seems that my flop bet will more likely turn into a donation then anything else most of the time.

On the turn, I hit my miracle and have to bet. Seems like a fairly straightforward street given action.

On the river I have 2 clear options as far as I see things. First, I can b/f. With stack sizes, there is no way he is ever going to raise me with out having me crushed since he has what will look like 0 FE on his bluffs and up to this point I have shown nothing but strength. But he may have a weaker 2purr quite often here given board texture and I can easily see myself getting paid off often enough by worse hands.

Second option and more preferable is to c/c. Sure he can have KT,QT,JT,T9 some of the time, but more likely given the way the hand played out (that he never raised me on the flop/turn) a weaker 2purr or a club draw seems very likely. So by c/c'ng I induce a bet from a bluff whereas I miss that value by betting out myself.

Is my thinking flawed? Where do we differ?