Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Odd little hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545386)

Jay Riall 11-13-2007 05:51 PM

Odd little hand

Party Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $49
SB: $153.55
BB: $251
UTG: $189.44
Hero (CO): $240.69

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG calls $2, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls $7

Flop: ($21) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($21) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $13</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $26</font>, Hero calls $13

River: ($73) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $34</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $70</font>, Hero folds

Results: $141 Pot
UTG mucked and WON $175 (+$106 NET)

Villain is a bad 40/3/1.5. I've seen him over-limp reraise with AA before.

jk3a 11-13-2007 05:53 PM

Re: Odd little hand

it is weird. against a bad player, i think the turn is a fold. I usually bet the flop too.

Unknown Soldier 11-13-2007 05:54 PM

bet the flop (pointlessly long argument ensues...)

Paul Thomson 11-13-2007 05:55 PM

gross little hand. i think checking the flop is fine although it looks like he could be limping wiht quite a few overs so a bet isn't bad either.

turn is fine.

river...lol. i don't know what to say. u might have to call. i don't know what he can have but ur odds are pretty good. and maybe he'll play a flush draw this way.

Noam Chomsky 11-13-2007 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Odd little hand

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

I either fold the turn or c/c the river about 50/50

Unknown Soldier 11-13-2007 05:56 PM

river bet is a little thin too, it might not be terrible but information &gt; thin value here

Noam Chomsky 11-13-2007 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
river bet is a little thin too, it might not be terrible but information &gt; thin value here

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo

grando 11-13-2007 05:59 PM

if you called the turn, why wouldn't you call the river?

tortuga0981 11-13-2007 05:59 PM

Is the bet on the river really necessary?

Jay Riall 11-13-2007 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dno, obviously its thin, but I thought at the time there was vale against this spaz. Plus once someone takes this line I have the best hand on the river a tonne.

Flop a bet is prob best, but checking is ok imo. I know all the pros and cons to this and the discussion never goes anywhere so lets ignore it plz.

bilbo-san 11-13-2007 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dno, obviously its thin, but I thought at the time there was vale against this spaz. Plus once someone takes this line I have the best hand on the river a tonne.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen him call 2pair boards with the lone ace?

Because I really don't think you are ahead of his CALLING range, even if he's retarded, so being ahead isn't enough reason to bet.

Plus, he looks like the donkishly aggro type more than the donkishly calling-station type. I think the river bet here is pretty bad, especially because insights into his turn c/r behavior is worth a lot for future pots, and he'll fold all his worse hands, and you lose that info, as someone else mentioned.

jds1201 11-13-2007 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you called the turn, why wouldn't you call the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

don't you think a second check raise indicates a stronger hand than just the one on the turn?