Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   scar stories (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544828)

Alobar 11-13-2007 01:43 AM

scar stories

Anyone got any cool scars, or any good stories attached to a scar?

I've got a scar on my thigh that's about 8 inches long that I got at my first ever mountain bike race, when I flipped over the handlebars and tore my leg open on a bush (they have sharp bushes in new mexico).

I've got a ton of other scars, all small tho and all from mountain biking...nothing cool like from a knife fight or from where I landed on my face when my parents dropped me on the edge of the fireplace when I was little.

some of you guys must have some good ones tho, lets hear em!

NLSoldier 11-13-2007 01:46 AM

Re: scar stories

I have a pretty big scar running the long way along the inside of my right forearm starting right near my hand. sometimes I tell ppl its from when i tried to kill myself (joke obv) but its actually from wrist surgery. its really funny when emo-ish ppl reply with "well at least you went in the right direction"

Alobar 11-13-2007 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its really funny when emo-ish ppl reply with "well at least you went in the right direction"

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, awesome

MC Chris 11-13-2007 01:57 AM

http://homepage.eircom.net/~movieman/jaws_quint.jpg

Alobar 11-13-2007 02:08 AM

http://www.lolitafiles.com/uploaded_...Mix-752274.jpg

opla 11-13-2007 03:47 AM

I've got one that is pretty embarassing and is one of those WTF were you thinking moments. I was 14 and had gotten a job at a grocery store stocking. Obviously they gave me a boxcutter, well I pretty much carried it with me wherever I went.

So I'm at the mall with my parents and we take my little sister to see Santa and she gets this candy thing and it's wrapped up pretty good and we've walked into Crate & Barrel and me being the genius I am decide to open it with my boxcutter. I slice this candy open and drag it across the bottom side of my hand. So I'm standing there and this thing is pouring blood all over the floor, the lady gets me a paper towel roll and my parents take me to the ER.

The other story is about my dad. I'm a little fuzzy on the details. When he was a teenager he got into a fight with some kid and I think at some point he got pushed into some metal shelving maybe, well it took a huge chunk outta his arm, so he's got this huge scar on his elbow and forearm. In that same fight he ended up breaking his thumb and it got really messed up, ever since he can't really make a closed fist, his thumb just kinda sticks out if he tries to make one.

jzpiano 11-13-2007 03:51 AM

I tried wet shaving with a straight razor per 2+2 recommendations, cut myself and some how got a thin scar about 1.5in's long on my chin. Doesn't really bother me, it looks bad ass. THANKS 2+2 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Taso 11-13-2007 03:57 AM

I got myself a little knife-hand injury as well. Was cutting up a cardboard box so it'd be easier to throw away (or something, idk) with these insane knives (Cutco, for those that have worked selling these, lol, my brother was a salesman for them for a few months) in any case, the knife sliped and cut my hand pretty bad. Luckily I had a cardiologist (dad) and an eagle scout (bro) there to control the bleeding, lmao. Anyways, despite my father telling the ambulance dudes that I needed a trauma surgeon, and to take me to a specific hospital, they didn't, and so I ended up with some normal ER surgeon, and now an ugly scar on my hand, although it'd gotten better over the past few years. A lot better actually, I don't think most people notice it (weird, considering I'm either playing poker or guitar)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Picture30.jpg

James Boston 11-13-2007 04:26 AM

I wish I had a cool scar, but I don't.

I only have one (nominaly cool) scar. I was, like, 12. I was walking past an old cemetary. A crazy chow dog lunged at me. I leapt over an old rusty fence. The fence pierced the palm of my left hand. It bled like hell. I feared a lock-jaw situation for awhile. No problems, just a tiny scar.

aragorn_i 11-13-2007 04:27 AM

I've got a nice scar running above my left eye.Our high school water polo team was playing the UCSB freshman team.I was guarding the set man,like a center in basketball,when the ball was passed to him and he attempted a back hand shot.My face got in the way of his elbow and I was knocked out and started to sink to the bottom of the pool.One of our players noticed and pulled me to the side of the pool.

I ended up with about 50 stitches and a nice little scar.

Sponger. 11-13-2007 04:29 AM

vagina hand

dukemagic 11-13-2007 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got a nice scar running above my left eye.Our high school water polo team was playing the UCSB freshman team.I was guarding the set man,like a center in basketball,when the ball was passed to him and he attempted a back hand shot.My face got in the way of his elbow and I was knocked out and started to sink to the bottom of the pool.One of our players noticed and pulled me to the side of the pool.

I ended up with about 50 stitches and a nice little scar.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh nice you play water polo? i played in hs and am on a club team that i started in college.

your hs must have been pretty good to be playing the freshman team.

as for scar stories, i have two:

when i was young (like 8 or 9) i was at my friends house and we were playing backyard football. i went out for a pass, lept up to catch the ball, and slammed my head straight into a wooden column holding up the patio roof. that scar's pretty much gone though.

in hs (junior year, i think, so 5 years ago), i was just bending down to open my locker when my friend decided to surprise me and jump on my back. since i was already bending over, his extra weight caused me to slam my head into a lock. it didn't hurt that much except for a dull throbbing pain, so i walked into my next class holding my head and asked my teacher if i could go see the nurse. she asked what happened and i said, "oh my head hurts." i took my hand away to show her and blood just started dripping off my hand and head onto the carpet. she just looked at me and said, "yeah you should probably go." that scar's really hard to see since it's under my hair, but there's a small patch where hair doesn't grow (almost gone now).

Taso 11-13-2007 04:57 AM

lmao

Roy 11-13-2007 06:04 AM

The only scar I've ever got was from one of the stupidest games I've ever heard of, let alone played. I was 8 or 9 and with a few friends at another friends house. He had a huge house with a really large back yard. It was laid out basically with the house atop of a hill then a path led down to a lower garden where they kept a tennis court and trampoline, amongst other things. Anyway, the idea of the game was to have two teams: one stood at the top of the hill, one at the bottom. We then threw rocks at each other. The bottom team had the advantage of being able to turn the trampoline over and use it as shelter, the top team had the advantage of, well, being the top team. I was on the bottom and one of the rocks hit me on the foot (thankfully. It obviously could have been a lot worse) and gave me a tiny scar about 1 1/2 inches long. Boy we were stupid back then.

z32fanatic 11-13-2007 06:24 AM

One of my scars is on my finger from when I was in 3rd grade and this girl I liked had a jammed school locker. I stuck my finger in this hole underneath the part you push up on and tried to unjam it from the inside, but it got stuck and I ripped it out which took out a little chunk. This is one of my few "save the day" attempts.

Another scar is from Cutco knives, which apparently just cut everyone who owns them. My friends older brother was a salesman and when I put the knife back in it's paper cover (brilliant Cutco!) it went right through it and into my hand. It went about 1/3rd an inch in there but it was just the tip so it's a razor thin scar.

I also have a 4in scar on my hand but I have no idea how it got there, which is weird because I'm only 22 and I've had it for at least 5 years.

bismillahno 11-13-2007 06:45 AM

I've got a ~10cm one on the right side of my neck, runs sideways. Its kind of faded now, but still pretty cool. Its actually the result of a cyst in my neck that was roughly the size of a golf ball, which was removed when I was 10.

That story is boring though, so I often tell people it was the result of a mugging when I was 9 in New York. I lay it on really thick about how I don't remember the day, and don't want to know the full story. Very few people want to question a story of repressed childhood pain, so I get away with it almost always. Then I get called a total bastard when I come clean.

HokieGreg 11-13-2007 07:01 AM

Got my face busted open in a hockey game last year.

20 stitches = 2 inch scar on my chin

I'm not going to lie, I (and the ladies) love it.

RoundTower 11-13-2007 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also have a 4in scar on my hand but I have no idea how it got there, which is weird because I'm only 22 and I've had it for at least 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the coolest way to get a scar.

Phresh 11-13-2007 07:29 AM

I was running to basketball tryouts in 3rd or 4th grade and tripped over a metal cable. The light was busted out in the parking lot of the school so there was no way I could see it. I ended up cutting my face a little bit and still have a pretty light scar running down the right side of my face.

I have 3 scars on my right hand from when I broke a finger in a fight in HS. They re-broke my hand before putting 3 pins into my bone. I am pretty much missing that knuckle and my finger is still pretty screwed up from it.

I cut my left finger open on accident once and felt sick to my stomach when I could see inside of it. It wasn't a huge cut at all, but it was pretty sick to see it opened up.

I got into a fight in downtown Seattle a while back and after refusing to slap the [censored] out of this guy's girlfriend, she came up behind me and hit me with a bottle. Unfortunately it didn't break (absorbs the force) and cut open my head a bit. It bled a bit and looked worse than it was, but I still ended up with a little scar on my head.

prodonkey 11-13-2007 07:40 AM

When I was in 6th grade I was screwing around with my pencil drawing on my hand, i slipped and ended up stabbing myself in the hand somehow, the tip broke off and I could never get it out. So 15 yrs later I still have this piece of graphite in the palm of my hand, pretty cool imo.

Phresh 11-13-2007 07:42 AM

prodonkey,

I think everyone has done that at one time or another. I used to put my pencil into my pocket, tip up, and accidentally stab myself when I'd reach for it. That's pretty sweet you still have the graphite, though. Reminds me of The Royal Tenenbaums.

MissOt 11-13-2007 08:41 AM

i was about 12 or something and went as a cardboard box of nerds for halloween. the box wasnt designed too well however. my arms only stuck out as far as my ears. so i was running and tripped and fell flat on my face because my arms couldnt break my fall. i got 12 under my chin and 6 on my bottom lip i think.

prodonkey 11-13-2007 10:08 AM

I fell and hit the corner of my mom's bed when I was a kid.. had to go get 4 stitches in my noggin. Now my hair grows really funny around that place, I always have some sticking straight out.. pisses me off.

supermangina 11-13-2007 10:29 AM

got a nice one on my forehead from a bar fight i should have had no part it...that sucked

Phresh 11-13-2007 10:30 AM

That reminds me of another scar. When I was in 2nd grade I was jumping on my mom's bed, doing flips and [censored], then jumping off and running through the house like a ninja. I ended up jumping really high and and landing on the bottom of her crappy metal bed frame. It was really jagged and stuck out. It cut my foot open and started bleeding a bunch. No stitches, though.

[ QUOTE ]
i was about 12 or something and went as a cardboard box of nerds for halloween. the box wasnt designed too well however. my arms only stuck out as far as my ears. so i was running and tripped and fell flat on my face because my arms couldnt break my fall. i got 12 under my chin and 6 on my bottom lip i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is great.

diddyeinstein 11-13-2007 10:38 AM

My freshman year of college, my girlfriend was giving me some head when she [censored] up very, very badly. I now have an inch and a half scar on my penis. For life.

Aces McGee 11-13-2007 10:46 AM

I have a scar that's about three inches long on the right side of my stomach that I got when I was like five years old.

My mother, younger sister, and I were just returning from the grocery store, and they were inside while I was horsing around in the car. I climbed out the driver's side window (a la the Dukes of Hazzard), but decided that it was too far to jump. So I climbed onto the windshield with the intention of sliding down onto the hood on my belly, and eventually reaching the ground.

The only impediment to execution of this plan was that the antenna on our car had been snapped off some weeks before, leaving just a rather jagged edge of metal protruding out of the disc-shaped base. I slid right over that and cut my stomach open pretty good.

-McGee

prohornblower 11-13-2007 11:47 AM

Nothing too awesome.

Major ones are I have two horizontal lines about 2.5 inches long on either side of my pelvic region from a double-hernia I had as a toddler.

Have stitches scar on big left toe from 6 stitches when I was about 7 years old and playing in a home being constructed. I had shoes with holes in them and I walked into a circular saw blade that was laying on the ground propped up and it sliced my toe open.

One more minor scar on my left thumb from a neighborhood football game in which I tackled a guy apparently by his teeth.

MissT74 11-13-2007 11:56 AM

1. Above my right eyebrow I have about a 1/2 inch scar from when I was about 5-6 yo and fell off the top bunk, my forehead hitting the corner of the dresser on the way down.

2. On my left knee a round scar about the size of a nickel from when we were playing Red Rover in 2nd grade, in the rain, on gravel, and I fell. Took 30 mins to pick out all the rocks from my knee.

3. On my left hand, the back side, 4 perfect indentions of being clawed by my sister during one of our brutal fights. She took nice chunk size skin from my hand and now I have her fingernail marks for forever!

4. From the middle of my breasts (no, no pictures, ldo) to my belly button when I was cut all the way open for gastric bypass surgery. This was 7 years ago when they were first starting lapro and I had the surgery too early.

T

diddyeinstein 11-13-2007 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My freshman year of college, my girlfriend was giving me some head when she [censored] up very, very badly. I now have an inch and a half scar on my penis. For life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoever just sent the PM, I deleted it by accident. No she didn't have braces. Just caught it on a tooth. It hurt and started bleeding.

Turned out somewhat okay, no problems from having the scar and I used to get drunk in college all the time and tell chicks I had a scar on my penis. Invariably they would want to see it, which would often lead to sexytime.

traz 11-13-2007 12:16 PM

I have a scar on the edge of my right eye...right where the oval shape of the eye comes together, on the bone. I was young and running around the living room when I tripped and hit the corner of the fireplace. I had to get stitches, and now it's a dark line at the side of my eye. Less than a centimeter over and I would've stabbed my eye.

prohornblower 11-13-2007 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to get drunk in college all the time and tell chicks I had a scar on my penis. Invariably they would want to see it, which would often lead to sexytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good idea. Even if you don't have a scar, because, hey...by the time they find out you were lying, they've already seen it, and might want it in their mouth anyway.

TheBlueMonster 11-13-2007 12:22 PM

I have a scar that runs parrallel to my jaw on my uppper neck. It's from a surgery I had when I was 5 to remove an infect in my neck, but it's never gone away. In fact it's actually grown as I've gotten older. Now it's a few inches long and looks like someone sliced open my jugular.
Every once in a while people will be like "holy crap dude. I just noticed your scar! What's it from"
Without smiling I say "shark attack" then "just kidding...knife fight" It's fun when they actually believe me.

traz 11-13-2007 12:36 PM

I think I'm going to start telling girls I have a scar on my penis from a bj gone wrong. It's genius imo

Howard Beale 11-13-2007 12:43 PM

Some guy cut me off in the left lane and, even though I slammed on the brakes, I hit him going real fast. This was 25 years ago when most ppl (including me) ignored the seat belts. I knocked the steering wheel right off and punched out the windshield with my forehead. When the ambulance guy told me to take my hand away from my forehead I refused because I thought my brains would spill out. There was blood everywhere. I was still picking glass out a month later even though they thought they got it all at the hospital. Those were pretty good scars but I have to look for them closely now since they've faded over the years.

wet work 11-13-2007 01:05 PM

I have the graphite in my hand too. Standing behind a girl waiting to sharpen my pencil in 2nd grade and she turned around and accidentally stabbed me. Right between the knuckle on my left ring finger, palm side. I remember running to the nurse with the pencil sticking out of my hand. Still visible after almost 30yrs.

Tiny one on my upper right inner arm from a bb. Having a bb gun battle in the woods(2pump limit) then after we were done I shot a full strength shot by my friends foot as a joke. He fired back and hit me in the arm, right in the artery, blood was just pumpimg out of me. Ran home and went to the hospital cursing him out the whole time. There were actually a few dots on the ceiling of my house.

A 1" scar on my left hand between index/thumb. Drunk playing with a friends boning knife. Threw it to stick it in the floor but it didn't stick. It oddly ricocheted back and shot right by me slicing me in the process. Sliced the ligament clean through. That took like two small operations to fix.

Worst one. About 2 inches now, above my left eye. When I was 6 I was riding my bike to a local park. Get off to walk across a bridge. There are a bunch of teenagers on the other side and a small small model dragster on the ground on my side. As I approach all the teenagers are yelling across to me to check out the car. I keep walking closer and the thing explodes, they had put an m-80 in it. Brilliant. A piece of the car hit me. Ended up getting 45 or 50 stitches.

Disturbance 11-13-2007 01:52 PM

Interesting thread.

I have a small bald spot on top of my head (thankfully covered by the rest of my hair) where my sister hit me with a large ornamental dog when I was very young.
A 1 inch scar above my right eyebrow from headbutting concrete in a playground, tried to jump off something and slipped.
A 2 inch scar running down face next to right eye when a ladder fell on me.
A scar on my middle finger due to the tip being severed when I trapped it in a door.
A scar on another finger from knife cut.
I also can't grow a full beard as I badly scraped my lower jaw on the right side of my face falling off a bike, no scar though!

All of the scars are quite faint now, can only really see them under direct light.

Oh and one more, a small scar on my lower lip after i bit through it in a fight. Looks like a freckle now though.

Five-Star 11-13-2007 03:02 PM

Probably my most interesting and noticeable scar. Got this from a convoy live fire exercise at Fort Benning. Came from the hot brass of a 5.56 round from the Soldier next to me. I had my collar up and everything but it just managed to hit me just right and then slide down my body until it came to rest under my armpit.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2382/pb270566ex8.jpg
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4199/pb270564sx7.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7...0565wu5qt5.jpg

BTW: A similar thread that has more pictures

NT! 11-13-2007 04:27 PM

I have a circular scar, around 3/4" in diameter, on my thigh that looks like a gunshot wound. It's actually from a spider bite (I guess a brown recluse but I never found it) that got viciously infected, I ended up with an abscess the size of a tennis ball. Watching a nurse lance that thing and have it splatter on her face was pretty gnarly.

I have a small scar on the front of my shoulder from getting slashed with a chef's knife. I've told the story here before - angry boyfriend breaks into my house to kill me, we fight, etc. I had a bad wound on inside of my left hand, but it didn't leave a scar.

traz 11-13-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
angry boyfriend breaks into my house to kill me

[/ QUOTE ]

abusive boyfriends suck amirite