Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Triple Barrel Opportunity? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544548)

jk3a 11-12-2007 06:40 PM

Triple Barrel Opportunity?

Villain is of the 17/14 variety.

Poker Stars, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $211.05
BB: $187.15
Hero (UTG): $226
BTN: $189

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, BTN calls $8, 2 folds

Flop: ($19) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $14</font>, BTN calls $14

Turn: ($47) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $36</font>, BTN calls $36

River: ($119) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Imrahil 11-12-2007 06:40 PM

Re: Triple Barrel Opportunity?

No he's never folding sorry.

fees 11-12-2007 06:49 PM

its ok, there are better spots but you will get looked up here from time to time

jk3a 11-12-2007 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think his range is after he calls the turn?

tufat23 11-12-2007 06:52 PM

i think its ok if u now open shove

Imrahil 11-12-2007 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think his range is after he calls the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it's a fine three barrell I just never believe anybody folds. I think his range is maybe KQ or AJ w/ Ah, QT Q hearts or whatever.

Bukem_ 11-12-2007 06:54 PM

hes going to have kq qj aj probably with a heart a decent amount.

I'd mostly just c/f this turn since once these guys call the flop vs me they tend to always call me down. If i was going to bluff it would be a big bet on turn and river. Don't really like just the 2nd barrel.

Redgrape 11-12-2007 06:58 PM

yay nh

LearnedfromTV 11-12-2007 07:05 PM

i like, he has a jack a lot here; also on this board you shouldn't two barrel unless you'll three barrel a lot of river cards, including this one, because he's calling the second barrel with a lot of the hands he calls the flop with, especially since he can easily have a decent heart with his pair.

jk3a 11-12-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd mostly just c/f this turn since once these guys call the flop vs me they tend to always call me down. If i was going to bluff it would be a big bet on turn and river. Don't really like just the 2nd barrel.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a second barrel alone is +EV. I think he can peel that flop quite a bit. They call the flop with any gutshot, any jack and I see 99 sometimes.

LearnedfromTV 11-12-2007 07:15 PM

Well, it may be close and you may be right, but generally I find lately that a lot of people expect second barrels but not third, and that call turn to see if you bet river is the new call flop to see if you bet turn. Also, having hit the 8 you're only folding out 99 and TT and maybe a weak jack like JT of the hands that beat you; I suppose you are partly betting to prevent being bluffed by QT or whatever, but most of the time he has a better pair, and he folds more of those on the river than the turn.

jds1201 11-12-2007 07:29 PM

my three barrels tend to backfire like always so take this for what it's worth:

i like it

Fat Nicky 11-12-2007 07:31 PM

true or false? given the board and the opponent: if we're not willing to fire most rivers, we shouldn't be betting the turn?

agnoke10 11-12-2007 07:40 PM

i really don't think hes folding much

RUDIKULOUS 11-12-2007 08:04 PM

this is pretty hot, its going to be pretty painful for him to call this bet with most of his range.

Dire 11-12-2007 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
true or false? given the board and the opponent: if we're not willing to fire most rivers, we shouldn't be betting the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the turn is +EV even in a vacuum. He's dropping jacks and perhaps more, which make up a healthy chunk of his range already.

Dire 11-12-2007 08:09 PM

I also like 3-barreling here, but I'd usually bet $100 for value here - not shove. So I bluff for $100.

Symbolic 11-12-2007 08:36 PM

Yeah I'd go with a third barrel here. I think there's a good chance he'll fold KQ, and it's pretty unlikely he'll call with anything worse.

LearnedfromTV 11-13-2007 01:18 AM

it's funny how many different opinions there are in this thread as to if and when (which street) this generic opponent will fold

KQ, AJ, QJ, JT, TT, 99.

At least we're asking the right questions!

Jshuttlesworth 11-13-2007 01:39 AM

I absolutely never fire a second barrel here because I think the turn card hit his range REALLY hard. I think after his turn call his range is very heavily weighted to pair+heart. Id say KQh and AhJ are his two most likely hands (more likely KQ). Whether he will fold KQ is so tough, if someone posted the hand from his perspective with KQ against you, I think we would all say fold but I don't see ppl folding TPGK on the river very often.

jk3a 11-13-2007 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I absolutely never fire a second barrel here because I think the turn card hit his range REALLY hard. I think after his turn call his range is very heavily weighted to pair+heart. Id say KQh and AhJ are his two most likely hands (more likely KQ). Whether he will fold KQ is so tough, if someone posted the hand from his perspective with KQ against you, I think we would all say fold but I don't see ppl folding TPGK on the river very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] does not hit his range HARD.

Jshuttlesworth 11-13-2007 01:46 AM

O sorry I thought the 8 was on the flop and the jack hit the turn. Still I think he has two hearts here often to just make the turn neg EV

bohlicious 11-13-2007 01:51 AM

What are you repping here? Flush? AA? AK? set? What do you legitimately 3-barrel this board with after a utg raise and a flop bet? River shove looks kinda desperate - this whole thing looks like dark-tunnel spew.

Dire 11-13-2007 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you repping here? Flush? AA? AK? set? What do you legitimately 3-barrel this board with after a utg raise and a flop bet? River shove looks kinda desperate - this whole thing looks like dark-tunnel spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

ak, kk, jk, aa, jj, 44 and a wide variety of flushes all play identically. That's already 6+ repped hands. Hero can represent a ton here. Villain is weak. 2+2

Ap0calypse 11-13-2007 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a second barrel alone is +EV. I think he can peel that flop quite a bit. They call the flop with any gutshot, any jack and I see 99 sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is what you believe to be true in this case, you have to triple barrel. I think you have to make this same play with thin value bets occasionally as well.

Isura 11-13-2007 04:47 AM

Looks fine. Don't bluff an K or heart tho. I like firing once or three times on this board texture, since it is how you play top pair/flushes (keep betting) and also you'd check a medium hand on turn so they can't auto float the turn.

Isura 11-13-2007 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Generally a second barrel here is spew

martijn 11-13-2007 05:07 AM

not the very best board, but I guess you can do this if you like variance.