Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Let's talk about a winning style (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544422)

daveT 11-12-2007 03:54 PM

Let\'s talk about a winning style

I promise that this is not a joke:

I was playing a person yesterday that had the following style.

PF in the SB: Shove AI or fold, except in rare occasions where he would limp. If he limped before the flop, he would check all the way down post-flop.

PF in the BB: Mostly fold. If he called, he would check it down or donk the flop. Once in a blue moon he would shove.

This guy folded so much pf that I thought that he accidentally stood up, then sure enough, after being on auto-pilot min-raise, he would shove on me.

For a good laugh, I checked his stats on SS and (wtf), he has a 15% roi at the 6, 5% at the ten and struggling at the 20s, etc for an overall positive roi.

Stats:

Position: PF VPIP/ PFR
BB:34/9
SB:52/23

I would like to discuss how it is possible that he is winning with this strategy.

ukdentisto32 11-12-2007 04:11 PM

Re: Let\'s talk about a winning style

how many games

daveT 11-12-2007 04:18 PM

3 games. I don't know if I should count them as wins.

I am not going to give a screen name. If this is a poster here, I would love to hear input though, but please do not out me.

waxhax0rs 11-12-2007 04:21 PM

I think he's asking how many games has he played according to sharkscope. Also he may just be tilting.

HokieGreg 11-12-2007 04:21 PM

he was asking how many games he has a positive ROI over

soop 11-12-2007 04:25 PM

[ ] Winning Style
[x] Players at 5's are bad

daveT 11-12-2007 04:39 PM

games: 2776

ROI at 1%

Seems like he has been taking the worst of it of late.

[image]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...dtoomey/hm.png[/image]

daveT 11-12-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ ] Winning Style
[x] Players at 5's are bad

[/ QUOTE ]

he is showing profit at the 2 (15%), 5 (5%), 10 (5%), losing at turbos, and b/e @ 20s.

asg 11-12-2007 04:55 PM

judging from th at graph...it doens't look like a winning style..

waxhax0rs 11-12-2007 05:44 PM

Somebody ran really hot for a few hundred games.

daveT 11-12-2007 05:54 PM

"hot" is a 100 BB upswing?

ChicagoRy 11-12-2007 06:01 PM

He's probably just tilting or something.

Last time I played a 6 I open shoved AK or AQ first hand and got called by T8o.

daveT 11-12-2007 06:08 PM

That's not very good emotional control on his part. I played 3 games in a row (there is a poker god), and he did not deviate from that strategy. I see I played him in an 11 a while back, but I can't tell if he used the same strategy or not.

ChicagoRy 11-12-2007 06:10 PM

Request that HH from PokerStars if you've played him in an 11 before.

Anyways, this is not a winning style, even at the 5s.

prodonkey 11-13-2007 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's not very good emotional control on his part. I played 3 games in a row (there is a poker god), and he did not deviate from that strategy. I see I played him in an 11 a while back, but I can't tell if he used the same strategy or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

some people are just bad, the droolers in the $5's aren't going to adjust to the guy so he can win some when they call his all ins with crap. After he gets up to the 20's he isn't going to win.

When I'm playing a REALLY bad person I like to keep the pots small and not gamble, I'll rob them blind, but if they play back, I'm folding all but the best hands.

Landonfan 11-13-2007 01:11 AM

Sounds like you just met a mediocre player on monkey tilt. I doubt it's his actual "strategy" (though it wouldn't surprise too much if it was).

ukdentisto32 11-13-2007 02:10 AM

hes obv a break even player at best

Dromar 11-13-2007 02:31 AM

I played a guy like this once, back when I played 10s.

It was a total joke. I minraised 100%, and he basically just folded his blinds to me nonstop. I would have thought he was away, except that I was chatting with him the whole time.

TwoToGo-Grave 11-14-2007 05:06 AM

Like several have said, he was likely just tilting or drunk or something. I seriously doubt that he's done anything but lose nonstop if he's playing this way constantly, and since he's not losing nonstop (being a break even player), this is not his 'strategy'.
Dang, he probably just lost to a dude who was doing this, got frustrated, and decided to play that way for awhile (similar to a tilting player deciding to 'call every raise' because his opponents are doing it and winning). Given his downswing, he probably was tilting and thoughtlessly decided to try it out for a bit (and since it failed, he'll probably try something else).