Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   **Official Miami Dolphins Thread** Can we get both the records? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543867)

aditya 11-11-2007 08:44 PM

**Official Miami Dolphins Thread** Can we get both the records?

Can we get both the records, undefeated and completely defeated?

More importantly, why the hell are we not starting John Beck? I mean you might as well as judge what you're dealing with before heading in with the #1 pick in the draft. I understand not starting him before the bye week and stuff esp since he's not gonna be ready and you don't want him to become a bust b/c of confidence being shattered.

But, by now, he should easily completely know the offense and he should get the nod at starting QB. It's not like next year we're suddenly going to be great all of a sudden and have a stellar OL where they'll be able to protect him.

Also, who should we draft with the first pick (or second if we get unlucky)

kyro 11-11-2007 08:54 PM

Re: **Official Miami Dolphins Thread** Can we get both the records?

5 losses by a FG. That's pretty impressive.

MacGuyV 11-11-2007 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

More importantly, why the hell are we not starting John Beck? I mean you might as well as judge what you're dealing with before heading in with the #1 pick in the draft. I understand not starting him before the bye week and stuff esp since he's not gonna be ready and you don't want him to become a bust b/c of confidence being shattered.

But, by now, he should easily completely know the offense and he should get the nod at starting QB. It's not like next year we're suddenly going to be great all of a sudden and have a stellar OL where they'll be able to protect him.
)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not like Lemon is any good either. Granted he has no WR's, but he had all day to throw today.

Dudd 11-11-2007 08:58 PM

Come on, that pump fake in the endzone prior to the safety was some ballsy stuff.

bluef0x 11-11-2007 10:01 PM

I really wish our only win of the season would have been today when the score was 3-2. That would have been so awesome.

LET'S GO PATRIOTS' OPPONENTS!

Nick B. 11-11-2007 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, who should we draft with the first pick (or second if we get unlucky)

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, who cares if they go 0-16. They have been hurt pretty bad by injuries this year. Beck will be able to start next year and they are going to have a good draft pick. Lemon is terrible obviously.

GBP04 11-11-2007 10:23 PM

at this point the only interesting story line is 0-14 Miami at 14-0 NE. I'd give Miami about a 1% chance of winning this game, but all hell would break lose if they did.

Russ M. 11-11-2007 10:23 PM

I thought this week was possibly their best chance at a win. They do have NYJ at home and BAL at home.

MacGuyV 11-11-2007 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this week was possibly their best chance at a win. They do have NYJ at home and BAL at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

There seems a reasonable chance one of those games could be 0-0. Not sure if that'll count towards the perfect season or not.

Russ M. 11-11-2007 10:26 PM

seriously, especially that BAL game. Could be 2-0, I guess.

Needle77 11-11-2007 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Miami vs Baltimore could be the greatest game ever.

MEbenhoe 11-11-2007 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Odds on combined Defenses/Special Teams outscoring combined Offenses?

kyro 11-11-2007 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Miami's offense > Miami's defense.

Needle77 11-11-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is pathetic considering Miami's offense is anemic. I say Miamis offense puts up 3, BAL offense puts up 0, BAL defense takes an INT back, Dolphins ST puts up 7 as well. 10-7 Miami.

offTopic 11-11-2007 11:25 PM

As annoying as seeing Buoniconti, Shula, et al, with the champagne every time someone sniffs their record, I would love to see Miami get to 0-15 and then have the coverage cut to Lee Roy and Dewey Selmon, JK McKay, and Steve Spurrier waiting to crack open some bottles if Miami loses the game.

fatshaft 11-12-2007 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Shades of the Cowboys 1-15 season?

kyro 11-12-2007 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is pathetic considering Miami's offense is anemic. I say Miamis offense puts up 3, BAL offense puts up 0, BAL defense takes an INT back, Dolphins ST puts up 7 as well. 10-7 Miami.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anemic is a pretty strong word for a team averaging just under 20 points a game.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-12-2007 10:09 AM

DVOA unit stats

Miami offense: 16
Baltimore defense: 6

Baltimore offense: 29
Miami defense: 31

granted, the Baltimore offense looks even worse than 29 right now (!).

but the Miami offense is pretty average (though a good deal of that is Ronny Brown). still the Miami offense isn't dreadful, anyways

kyro 11-12-2007 10:27 AM

KB4Z,

The dropoff from Brown to Chatman isn't much. The group Miami is fielding currently is probably worse than DVOA shows, but I bet that is mostly the gap between Lemon and Green, and not Brown/Chatman.

fatshaft 11-12-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KB4Z,

The dropoff from Brown to Chatman isn't much. The group Miami is fielding currently is probably worse than DVOA shows, but I bet that is mostly the gap between Lemon and Green, and not Brown/Chatman.

[/ QUOTE ]I would bet the other way. So Chatman had a good week this week, did you see Browns numbers before he was injured?

kyro 11-12-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
KB4Z,

[/ QUOTE ]I would bet the other way. So Chatman had a good week this week, did you see Browns numbers before he was injured?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I did. How much of it was Brown, and how much of it was the OL? I think RBs are very overrated. Anyways, Chatman has had 3 decent weeks as the #1 back in Miami. An inflated 7/73 against a prevent-playing Pats team, 16/79 in terrible conditions against the Giants, and 27/124 against a good Buffalo run defense.

Chatman isn't the receiving threat Brown is, but he's a fine runner.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-12-2007 01:52 PM

comparing dvoa, both lemon and chatman are big downgrades from the guys they replaced

aditya 11-16-2007 11:43 PM

yes, John Beck is starting. Ricky Williams is back as well. 6-0 for rest of season?

kyro 11-17-2007 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
comparing dvoa, both lemon and chatman are big downgrades from the guys they replaced

[/ QUOTE ]

so it seems, but does DPAR and individual DVOA account for playing conditions? I think it's unfair to judge Chatman when about 33% of his runs came in London where NOBODY had a decent offensive game, assuming they only account for opponent. I'm eager to see how he does in the next couple of weeks.

Also, Lemon is 16% points worse than Green. Chatman is only 12 points worse. So technically I was right. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Phildo 11-17-2007 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
KB4Z,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I did. How much of it was Brown, and how much of it was the OL? I think RBs are very overrated. Anyways, Chatman has had 3 decent weeks as the #1 back in Miami. An inflated 7/73 against a prevent-playing Pats team, 16/79 in terrible conditions against the Giants, and 27/124 against a good Buffalo run defense.

[/ QUOTE ]
Buffalo is allowing 4.3 yards per carry, which is the ninth worst in the league. The Patriots game doesn't count and you know it.

Semtex 11-17-2007 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, John Beck is starting. Ricky Williams is back as well. 6-0 for rest of season?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeea. typical dolphins start the season in a hole and finish strong. NE is going down.

metsandfinsfan 11-17-2007 01:01 AM

yay go fins

Phildo 11-17-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeea. typical dolphins start the season in a hole and finish strong. NE is going down.

[/ QUOTE ]
A rookie QB with no WRs is an excellent combination.