Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Ethicality of High Stakes HU - DaEvila (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543710)

FTheFish 11-11-2007 03:55 PM

Ethicality of High Stakes HU - DaEvila

This chat is just happened when FoxwoodsFiend was waiting at a table and gopheresque sat down. Does no one have a problem with this?

DaEvils: you want a piece?
gopheresque: sup
DaEvils: it'll be me, krantz, and whitlelime talking
together
DaEvils: playing him
gopheresque: im a wuss when it comes to thta stuff
gopheresque: hmm
DaEvils: np
DaEvils: gl @ the tables
gopheresque: lemme think
sikersorozat (Observer): gl evils
DaEvils: cool
DaEvils: later
gopheresque: i thikn
gopheresque: it is def a good bet
gopheresque: dunno if i'd do it though still
DaEvils: np, let me know
DaEvils: later

Splitting action is fine, but playing 3 on 1 is pretty unfair and morally very questionable. I thought Ariel prided himself on being ethical and holding high morals?

Enervate 11-11-2007 04:00 PM

Re: Ethicality of High Stakes HU - DaEvila

STFU Noob

ryanaw 11-11-2007 04:02 PM

nothing wrong with splitting action as DaEvils prob has'nt got the roll to be playing 2 HU tables of 300/600 and maybe doesnt want to be risking alot of money playing a complete donk.

Poseidon65 11-11-2007 04:10 PM

And if Ivey and Antonius want to come over and help out as well, I don't see a problem with it.

Stinger88 11-11-2007 04:10 PM

I don't personally do this but it's not against the rules, part of online poker

lippy 11-11-2007 04:11 PM

It's already been established that however many ppl can play yatta yatta, right?

FTheFish 11-11-2007 04:17 PM

I said nowhere that this was violating any terms. I simply said that it is questionably obtaining a huge advantage, possibly crossing (not illegal) moral and ethical standards. Then I wanted to know what everyone else thought about having 3+ people playing vs a mark in a nosebleed HU game (meaning he probably has no clue this practice even takes place and therefore you can't argue "he didn't have to sit") from an ethical/moral standpoint, not a legal one.

dying2win 11-11-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure BT said in his latest blog that he took 1/3 or your actionin your last 300/600 game

SuperSnort 11-11-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And if Ivey and Antonius want to come over and help out as well, I don't see a problem with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
why would antonius come over? he pwns all by himself

yaaam1484 11-11-2007 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure BT said in his latest blog that he took 1/3 or your actionin your last 300/600 game

[/ QUOTE ]
omg is it really that hard to understand, they're talking about helping eachother playing

Poseidon65 11-11-2007 04:25 PM

There's a difference between taking action and having people help you make live decisions.

Poseidon65 11-11-2007 04:26 PM

Anyone for a prop bet on whether tie53 shows up today?

bicyclekick 11-11-2007 04:26 PM

I don't think it's ethically wrong at all.

Nick Rivers 11-11-2007 04:29 PM

Why is this limited to HU? I know some guys who do this in FR games. Whatever the case, if there is no rule at the site that states one player to a hand, then I really don't see the problem with it. Even if the marks don't know. The marks don't know a lot of things about poker; that's how we make our money.

FTheFish 11-11-2007 04:30 PM

I can't edit my post but since there seems to be some confusion: I don't care or have a problem with taking action, I am focusing on tag teaming some random guy.

BK: Care to elaborate a bit?

Tito Jackson 11-11-2007 04:35 PM

Seeing how the game of poker in itself is based on one player per hand tag teaming is obviously against the spirit of the game. But it's not against the sites rules so people are gonna do it which kind of sucks. Between that, multiaccounting, aim, superuser accounts etc. live ring games are starting to look much better to me unfortunately.

bicyclekick 11-11-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't edit my post but since there seems to be some confusion: I don't care or have a problem with taking action, I am focusing on tag teaming some random guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that having somebody help you play is unethical.

steel108 11-11-2007 04:38 PM

For those that see nothing wrong with this: You sit down to play tie53 HU. He takes your roll. You later find out that PA and The Terrorist were with tie53 and making decisions togather. You ok with that? What's the difference between this and what HIV did vs Gildwulf? I guess FWF cant beat a donk HU so he needs help. Pretty damn sad

Feltin Licter 11-11-2007 04:40 PM

Nobody will play TIE on their own roll.

Rob121 11-11-2007 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob121 11-11-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] pretty sure stinger just said he does

Jooka 11-11-2007 04:42 PM

it sucks but there zero way to police this.

steel108 11-11-2007 04:45 PM

I have no problem with splitting action; these stakes are getting sick and it's actually the smart thing to do. My only problem with this whole thing is the simple fact that people who are supposed to be good are teaming up vs donks. It's a joke. If I ever played that high and I found out that the person I was playing was teaming up, I would probably stalk them and beat them within an inch of their life (especailly with the amount of money involved). Did Whitelime and Krantz team up when they both went on that super rush a couple of months ago? Did CTS team up too? If I was perkysmerky, I would be looking for the best bat that Dick's Sporting Goods carrys.

AceCR9 11-11-2007 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those that see nothing wrong with this: You sit down to play tie53 HU. He takes your roll. You later find out that PA and The Terrorist were with tie53 and making decisions togather. You ok with that? What's the difference between this and what HIV did vs Gildwulf? I guess FWF cant beat a donk HU so he needs help. Pretty damn sad

[/ QUOTE ]

well you see, helping a fish is VERY wrong, but helping a good player is ok. makes perfect sense

DLizzle 11-11-2007 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see why anyone would hold this opinion unless there is a misunderstanding of semantics of something, it is definitely unethical imo, especially when the other person can't see it, and especially at HSNL HU matches.

steel108 11-11-2007 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] pretty sure stinger just said he does

[/ QUOTE ]

Stinger said that he doesn't team up with other players

Thrahl 11-11-2007 04:56 PM

http://blog.eun.org/etwinning_camp_2...s_computer.jpg

cosimaninja 11-11-2007 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
so many better people to pick then the terroist but i agree. if i was sitting to play some high stakes poker against a mark like roland de wolfe for example and found out he was being joined by an array of his friends(like PA) who were making desicions as a group i dont think i would see it as being too fair. maximising your edge is one thing but this is crossing the line into jjprodigy terriorty

ix.spider.uk 11-11-2007 04:56 PM

pretty sad. pretty greedy. pretty unethical.

(o_0) 11-11-2007 05:01 PM

OP - the HSNL crew will outnumber you everytime. yes it is unethical and they all would start crying if it happened to them

Jman got caught out the other week too doing it, typing his hand into what he thought was MSN/AIM etc. so the questiony ou should be asking is who isn't doing it

curtains 11-11-2007 05:04 PM

Honestly, I think that in poker, I'd prefer to play a headsup match against 3 people of equal strength colluding, than one player.

This is very pronounced in blitz chess, when working together with 2-3 people, assuming all are relatively equal strength, generally produces worse results than just playing normally because all the differing viewpoints can be really distracting. At least this has always been my experience.

Whenever I have played poker with someone watching me, it drives me completely insane when they try to give advice that's contrary to what I'm about to do. It's simply impossible to focus when you only have so much time to make a decision.

ryanaw 11-11-2007 05:11 PM

Watched tie53 against prah last night an didnt THINK he was that bad makinmg some good plays an at times had very big stacks didnt watch the end so not sure how he finished up!

Stinger you have played him is he really tht much of a fish that every1 wants to play him? I thought he kinda held his own HU with prah.

cts 11-11-2007 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did CTS team up too?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? show some restraint before randomly bringing someone else's name out to try to drag through the mud

bottomset 11-11-2007 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did CTS team up too?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? show some restraint before randomly bringing someone else's name out to try to drag through the mud

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah serious douchebag comments by steel there

FTheFish 11-11-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did CTS team up too?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he didnt mean anything against you. I know that you didn't/don't, but I'm sure KRANTZ and whitelime teamed up over the summer as well.

truthadair1 11-11-2007 05:25 PM

it is the online corporation . that is what was done to play andy beal . wish i could get a piece

craigthedeac 11-11-2007 05:30 PM

part of online poker imo

while it might be morally questionable, it's not enforceable so the only alternative as i see it is to allow it

Tito Jackson 11-11-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it only goes against A BASIC FUNDAMENTAL RULE OF POKER.

Thrahl 11-11-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it is the online corporation . that is what was done to play andy beal . wish i could get a piece

[/ QUOTE ]

Difference being, Beal was aware of it and agreed to it before hand. He knew exactly who he was playing. At no point was he playing more than one person simultaneously.

You think Beal would ever agree to a match where Ivey,Barry G. and Doyle were collectively playing every hand against him?

OneTimeAce 11-11-2007 05:38 PM

Re: Ethicality of High Stakes HU - DaEvila *DELETED*

Post deleted by OneTimeAce