Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Official Midge "I hate the USA and also Christians" Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543159)

BluffTHIS! 11-10-2007 08:20 PM

Official Midge \"I hate the USA and also Christians\" Thread

iron,

I thought it would help the flow of this forum if Midge, an Aussie who feels a need to constantly bash the internal politics as well as foreign policy of the USA, along with his 2p2 crusade against Christians, could have one thread in which to do all that when he comes here as a break from wearing out the SMP forum.

Richard Tanner 11-10-2007 08:21 PM

Re: Official Midge \"I hate the USA and also Christians\" Thread

I see this going well.

Cody

Taso 11-10-2007 08:25 PM

I can't remember ever seeing "Bluffthis!" post, but it seems he does know what's good for this forum, and this thread is definitly good.

Case Closed 11-10-2007 08:26 PM

I thought bluffthis was gone forever?

Borodog 11-10-2007 08:31 PM

PokerBob apparently blinked first.

Richard Tanner 11-10-2007 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerBob apparently blinked first.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't spend as much time in ATF as I should. Since it's likely this thread is useless, Pleased for cliffs or linky plz.

Cody

Borodog 11-10-2007 08:42 PM

Looks like this was the first of 43 posts since PB's return:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

Richard Tanner 11-10-2007 08:44 PM

Wait so they both came back?? Everything I know is called into question, up in black, down is chair.

Cody

BluffTHIS! 11-10-2007 08:51 PM

Some recent "I'm an Aussie but feel it necessary to spout BS ad nauseum about American internal politics" threads by Midge:

State execution and ... we shut the shop at 5 PM

Californians fires

A big Democrats mistake.!

Ron Paul - clear on abortion

Klompy 11-10-2007 08:52 PM

I believe that this would improve this forum.

vulturesrow 11-10-2007 08:55 PM

I bow down to your genius. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

BluffTHIS! 11-10-2007 09:02 PM

You know this also brings to mind that perhaps there are many others, especially certain eurotrash, who feel as if they have a huge stake in American politics, with some attendant rights. So perhaps what we need is an international treaty whereby citizens of differing countries can trade their voting rights. Like Midge could still be an Aussie citizen (err well "subject" since he has an 80 year old British monarch to bend the knee to), and trade voting rights with me. That way he could vote loony democrat left in US elections while never leaving the down under, and I from my perch in the repub heartland whose vote is just wasted on top of other repubs, could instead vote Conservative party in Aussie to keep in the monarchy and keep those independent republic idiots out of power in Kangaroo Land. How's that sound?

2/325Falcon 11-10-2007 09:04 PM

You missed the one where Australia sells uranium to India but it's all America's fault. Nuketarding.

BluffTHIS! 11-10-2007 09:08 PM

Let me just note for the record that I love Australia and regard them as a firm and important ally, which feeling seems to be reciprocated by most Australians. Maybe Midge and his ilk should work to set up an independent republic in Tasmania so they can be part of the majority in the country where they live.

ALawPoker 11-10-2007 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You missed the one where Australia sells uranium to India but it's all America's fault. Nuketarding.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I forgot about that one. Vintage.

VayaConDios 11-10-2007 09:14 PM

MuffThis,

If you wanted to tell Midge that you hate America and/or Christians, couldn't you have done so via pm?

CallMeIshmael 11-10-2007 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MuffThis,

If you wanted to tell Midge that you hate America and/or Christians, couldn't you have done so via pm?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what level this is on. I hope its not the first.

BT,

nice thread. Midge blows.

Also, is Midge black? Not that it matters, but someoene said he thought he was to me today over IM

Borodog 11-10-2007 09:25 PM

This is a insult to black people everywhere. Ban for racism, 1 day suspended sentence imo.

CallMeIshmael 11-10-2007 09:29 PM

boro,

if you can go around supporting a racist for president (RedBean, Midge, QED), then I think 2p2 would be pretty hypocrtical to ban me here.

Though, you certainly are more knowledgable in this area than I.

Borodog 11-10-2007 09:37 PM

My judgement is blinded by my love of genocidal racists and self-loathing anti-lesbian Jews.

BluffTHIS! 11-10-2007 09:57 PM

Boro,

Quick question. Why do so many AC'ers who don't vote spend so much time discussing politics? Is it a sports fan kind of thing or what? Now I guess you could say your purpose is to get even more people not to vote, but what would be the purpose of that? Unless there is some kind of quorum rule for elections that I'm not aware of that is. And if your purpose is the contrary, i.e. revolution, then why not work for that instead of focusing on the politics of the system you hate? Just curious.

BluffTHIS! 11-10-2007 10:01 PM

iron,

I just want to say that when you finally wake up, or roll in from your usual weekend pounding at your local B&M joint, that should resist any impulse to lock this thread. Just consider this thread one of those OT chit-chat threads for this forum, but with one crucial difference. And that difference is that you lock any further Midge Bush & US bashing threads with no real point, and instead just copy his OP here which is where it belongs.

Thanks

Borodog 11-10-2007 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boro,

Quick question. Why do so many AC'ers who don't vote spend so much time discussing politics?

[/ QUOTE ]

The real question is why do so many people believe that voting is any way to go about changing a political system.

[ QUOTE ]
Is it a sports fan kind of thing or what? Now I guess you could say your purpose is to get even more people not to vote, but what would be the purpose of that? Unless there is some kind of quorum rule for elections that I'm not aware of that is. And if your purpose is the contrary, i.e. revolution, then why not work for that instead of focusing on the politics of the system you hate? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

A) You're focusing on the nearly irrelevent detail of not voting.

B) I am focusing on revolution, the only kind that matters, which is spreading the word that the system has a fundamental conceptual flaw. It will not be fixed with bandaid "reforms" that are akin to installing a new brand of screen door on your submarine.

BluffTHIS! 11-10-2007 10:23 PM

Boro,

Thanks for your reply. Now another question and about the American Revolution. How come the rallying cry was "no taxation without representation", instead of "no taxation and no representation either", which you AC'ers seem to want? I mean at no point did the majority of the founding fathers envision any system, Articles of Confederation or Federalist, where there wasn't coercive taxation, at least on the state level. So how come you AC'ers who like to hearken back to the founding fathers don't also view all of them as also perpetuating that "fundamental conceptual flaw"?

Taso 11-10-2007 10:26 PM

I'm slightly surprised to see this thread turn into an AC thread.

BluffTHIS! 11-10-2007 10:29 PM

Taso,

Our purpose is also served by discussing other things here as long as Midge is limited to this thread for original topics. Well I mean for same old topics that he tries to put an original slant on to justify posting same.

Brainwalter 11-10-2007 10:45 PM

they were on the right track. (founding fathers)

VayaConDios 11-10-2007 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am in no way surprised to see this thread turn into an AC thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

TomCollins 11-10-2007 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am in no way surprised to see this thread turn into an AC thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only BluffThis could hijack his own thread and turn it that way.

Taso 11-10-2007 11:29 PM

hahah

Borodog 11-11-2007 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Boro,

Thanks for your reply. Now another question and about the American Revolution. How come the rallying cry was "no taxation without representation", instead of "no taxation and no representation either", which you AC'ers seem to want?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they were under the same mistaken conclusion that you are, that if you don't have a special class of people (namely them) allowed to commit theft, murder, kidnapping, counterfeiting, and other assorted crimes that society would be plunged into chaos.

[ QUOTE ]
I mean at no point did the majority of the founding fathers envision any system, Articles of Confederation or Federalist, where there wasn't coercive taxation, at least on the state level. So how come you AC'ers who like to hearken back to the founding fathers don't also view all of them as also perpetuating that "fundamental conceptual flaw"?

[/ QUOTE ]

We do. Duh. The Constitution was a coup d'etat by wealthy landowners, merchants, and bankers. The Articles of Confederation were far superior, and what ills there were could easily have been solved by less government, not more. The entire western frontier was pretty much anarchic and doing just fine thank you very much. The entire state government of Pennsylvania shut down at one point from lack of interest.

Pretty much every dire prediction made by the Anti-Federalists has come to pass and every pooh-pooh of the Federalists has been destroyed by historical hindsight.

I blame Alexander Hamilton for all of this. The entire [censored] state of the modern world. I suppose I can't give him credit for fractional reserve banking, but pretty much everything else is ultimately his fault in one way or another.

Radical enough for you?

ElliotR 11-11-2007 12:40 AM

Congratulations MidGe for getting so under the skin of our old friend BluffTHIS!

AlexM 11-11-2007 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
boro,

if you can go around supporting a racist for president (RedBean,

[/ QUOTE ]

Boro supports RedBean for president?

AlexM 11-11-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How come the rallying cry was "no taxation without representation", instead of "no taxation and no representation either", which you AC'ers seem to want?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get me some representation and then we'll talk.

BluffTHIS! 11-11-2007 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The entire western frontier was pretty much anarchic and doing just fine thank you very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

"entire"? You mean including the short-lived State of Franklin that cried like a baby for a more robust statist government to take them over and protect them from the depredations of the Indians? It happens that they got your state of residence to take them under their wing, but they also courted Spain. Funny how those hardy pioneers had to rely on state organized tax district militias to protect themselves from the menacing tribes *all along the frontier*. Why didn't they voluntarily associate with others to defend themselves without government? Answer equals because there weren't enough of them willing to join militias without bounty land inducements provided by the state. All those pioneers cared about was grabbing themselves a piece of land before it was all gone. Sure some of them like Daniel Boone professed not to like the "crowded" circumstances after even more settlers arrived and moved further west. But mainly they just wanted some cheap/free land.

And hey talking about voluntary associations and those merchant elites, what about the Whiskey Rebellion? The merchant banker elite in Massachusetts voluntarily paid for and organized private militia to fight the voluntarily organized and tax resisting militia/rabble of the frontier. Isn't this just how warfare in AC-Land would look like?

Taso 11-11-2007 01:16 AM

I like this guy.

pvn 11-11-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

A long time ago, Bluff used to be on my least favorite posters list. That was mostly because it's hard to recognize true genius. Just as Galileo was persecuted by the "learned authorities" of his day, Bluff is hated by many "respected" but less-than-brilliant posters here.

yukoncpa 11-11-2007 03:07 AM

I don’t know a whole lot of the contrarians on this forum other then Midge and Snowball, but these two are awesome even if I completely disagree on many of their points. Without them, we might as well just tune into Oprah and skip the 2plus2 debates all together. When I post, I notice, that in the course of an hour, I might get 3 or 4 people looking and wondering, but when Midge posts, within an hour, 30 or more people tune in. Got to love him for the entertainment value if nothing else and for the fact that he pushes so many people’s buttons that he keeps every person interested. His views in SMP are usually spot on and always well thought out. Go Midge Go.

Taso 11-11-2007 04:05 AM

That's a good point yuk, a lot of what I learn about government and the constitution and etc etc is gained from responses to Midge's posts, Copernicus' posts. Not that these two posters are similar, but they both tend to disagree with the common principles of posters in this forum, and without dissent we'd have nothing to talk about, nothing to talk about means I wouldn't have learned a tenth of what I know from reading this forum. Go internet.

iron81 11-11-2007 06:07 AM

On one hand, I'm disappointed that Bluff's first Politics thread in a while was a troll. OTOH, I laughed at this thread too much to lock it. And [censored] getting pounded, ship the $400.