Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   C bet situation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542610)

Hobbs. 11-10-2007 01:03 AM

C bet situation

villain in the sb is a TAG (26/19 over 4k+ hands)

you raise utg with AxT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

everybody folds to sb who calls, bb calls.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9x

check, check, we cool with not betting this flop?

edit: sorry forgot to say 6 handed

dboy23 11-10-2007 01:09 AM

Re: C bet situation

why give a free card to 2 opponents?

BadBigBabar 11-10-2007 01:36 AM

3handed i bet this

shane88888 11-10-2007 02:14 AM

I always bet this. You raised UTG and the blinds just called.

I'd bet any two cards in this spot anyway, but here you probably are betting the best hand.

V4P 11-10-2007 02:36 AM

I can't remember the last time I wasn't c/r'd on a board like this...I'm cool with checking

BryanC 11-10-2007 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't remember the last time I wasn't c/r'd on a board like this...I'm cool with checking

[/ QUOTE ]

really? you must be running bad. I bet this everytime, even when Im running bad. We have the best hand more than our fair share

thepizzlefosho 11-10-2007 05:13 AM

standard c-bet

NinaWilliams 11-10-2007 06:57 AM

Easy c-bet. No one ever has anything on paired boards.

efficacy 11-10-2007 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally feel like this when I'm running bad. I am trying to make it a habit to auto-bet in these spots and not let my emotions affect the decision.

You will take these pots down on the flop a large enough percentage of the time for it to a profitable c-bet.

Oink 11-10-2007 08:32 AM

Change one of the 9x to a Q or an 8 and I just check.

This one is a bet IMO. You do get 6:1 on your c-bet and if it doesnt work right now you still might win the pot UI. Either with another bet on the turn HU or because you see a SD

Hobbs. 11-10-2007 09:03 AM

hand range for tag in the sb?

inferno 11-10-2007 09:08 AM

this is an always bet

V4P 11-10-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really? you must be running bad. I bet this everytime, even when Im running bad. We have the best hand more than our fair share

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think its a matter of running good or bad. I just don't think we're ahead very often on this board considering SB's CCing range, and we're going to be put to the test by the few hands we might be ahead of(KQ, KT, QT type hands). I'm not a skilled PStover, so maybe someone can step in with ranges and %'s

frenchpignouf 11-10-2007 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This one is a bet IMO. You do get 6:1 on your c-bet and if it doesnt work right now you still might win the pot UI. Either with another bet on the turn HU or because you see a SD

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you taking the free card with an oesd, a backdoor flush and an overcard ?

Hobbs. 11-10-2007 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always bet this. You raised UTG and the blinds just called.

I'd bet any two cards in this spot anyway, but here you probably are betting the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I obviously know the standard reasons for continuation betting. I'm pretty sure this is a spot where with a little thought we'll see we have a rare situation where betting brings little to no benefit.

My quick guess of sb's range while at the table was suited broadways that areen't strong enough to 3-bet (this mainly means they contain a J) and pp's that are too strong to fold and too weak to 3-bet. I mean this guy is a fairly snug TAG over 4k hands I can't seeing really showing up here, outside of times he misclicks preflop, with a hand that isn't auto c/r'ing this flop.

NinaWilliams 11-10-2007 03:32 PM

He shouldnt really be cold calling anything here so it leads me to believe he'll have something stupid like 78s sometimes. Also there are still a lot of broadway hands you're ahead of on the flop. KQ QT KT and behind KJ JT QJ. Getting 6-1 I think you're being a little too pessimistic.

Also, Oink, Im not checking if the flop is J89 or J9Q.

yourface 11-10-2007 04:22 PM

what is your image like? the TAG SB calling puts him on a pretty tight range usually

I would think a small-mid PP, medium suited broadway, ATo/AJo/QKo

most of those hands are continuing past the flop, and many have us beat

Hobbs. 11-10-2007 09:52 PM

no real table image. all the hands on villain are mined.

milesdyson 11-10-2007 10:00 PM

i played the same kind of hand yesterday. i just bet and then call down hoping to see a busted draw. happens a lot.

$5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 5 players

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.00 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.00 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.00 BB

Results:
Hero shows 7s, Ah (Three of a kind, tens).
SB shows 9s, 8s (Three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.80 BB.

saviva 11-10-2007 10:34 PM

yup. I would C bet here b/c I think I am likely ahead and want to bet when I am, plus I'm pf aggressor.

Carmine 11-11-2007 09:20 AM

I think player descriptions really matter in hands like this.

In Miles posted hand he doesn't give a read but if villian is more lag he range is wider and getting raised and calldown a safe turn/river can be profitable.

In this hand we have a solid tag and against his range, and I'll throw this out there for debate, AA/55-99, KJ+, QJs, A9s+, ATo+, he is never not seeing a turn and many a river. So I think it then comes down to postflop aggression.

Against a passive tag we can bet the flop and take a free look at the river should we choose. Against and agggressive player I think we are better off taking that free card right now. I don't think the presence of the BB changes much as his completing range either connects in some way with this board or is dominated by our hand.

Also if our hand didn't have all those backdoor draws (A7,A5s) then I think just throwing out a bet 100% of the time and folding to any aggression is the way to go

Oink 11-11-2007 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you taking the free card with an oesd, a backdoor flush and an overcard ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad example. I missed those cards will give me an OESD.

I will check 3-way with eg A7s on QT9 giving me a bdfd.