Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Bodog Football; In-Game Betting! Please Respond!!! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541854)

Faceman 11-09-2007 02:06 AM

Bodog Football; In-Game Betting! Please Respond!!!

I have made over 10K betting on football games on Bodog Live so far this season. I can't comprehend that other people aren't cashing in on this, but no one posts about it on 2+2 or responds to my posts. Who else is live betting? Do you know of any other sites that are offering this? Let me know!

bills217 11-09-2007 02:09 AM

Re: Bodog Football; In-Game Betting! Please Respond!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I have made over 10K betting on football games on Bodog Live so far this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

You come here to post about a measly 10k? Most of the regulars on this forum have made at least six figures live betting on Bodog, n00b.

Faceman 11-09-2007 02:17 AM

I am not here to boast. I am still trying to build a bankroll. However, it would be nice to compare notes on the in-game betting. ex: are you betting only kickoff's and punts? do you bet no score/ first down? etc.

Porkchop Express 11-09-2007 02:25 AM

Never tried it but sounds interesting, what are the best bets to make?

Faceman 11-09-2007 02:33 AM

They offer in-game betting for football, basketball, and baseball. In my opinion football is the only one that you can profit over the long haul. You can only bet up to $100 per play. I have made most of my money on kickoffs and punts (where you pick the over/under line that that receiving team will start their drive). I have also made some money betting first down/no first down; and no score. Check it out and post your thoughts. They are offering a live football game every day this week and multiple games on Saturday and Sunday.

h_ven 11-09-2007 03:15 AM

Are extra points and 25 yard field goals at -5000 +EV?

Faceman 11-09-2007 03:22 AM

It is true that many of the lines aren't worth betting. However, in the West Virginia game tonight, the over/under line posted for the punts did not properly account for the average length of either punter. The line starts at -115, and moves up as the wagers come in. So I had several positive expectation bets.

siccjay 11-09-2007 04:32 AM

I have messed around with it a bit, but in no way do I know what is +EV and what is not. I am interested in hearing more about it though.

MyTurn2Raise 11-09-2007 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have made over 10K betting on football games on Bodog Live so far this season. I can't comprehend that other people aren't cashing in on this, but no one posts about it on 2+2 or responds to my posts. Who else is live betting? Do you know of any other sites that are offering this? Let me know!

[/ QUOTE ]

no one posts about it because they don't want their golden goose killed

Faceman 11-09-2007 05:40 AM

I see there is some doubt here, but if you watch some games and look at the lines you will see several bets per game that you believe will win 55+% of the time. One prime example is on kick-offs at the end of the half. The line makers do not compensate enough for the fact that teams will often squib kick at the end of a half. So the starting line may be placed at the 27 yd line (-115). But you know that at least 60% of the time, the starting line will be higher that the 27. Not always. But you will definetely show a profit over time. Again, you can only bet $100 per play. But there are several plays like this. I made $424 in the West Virgina game last night. And with 8-11 live betting football games offered each week. There are strong possibilities.

MyTurn2Raise 11-09-2007 06:28 AM

my post wasn't in doubt

it was a serious no need to share

I like your reg date BTW

hogua 11-09-2007 09:28 AM

Putting "Please Respond" in your subject line is gay.

Austiger 11-09-2007 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Putting "Please Respond" in your subject line is gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Please change it to "Must Read!!!"

centris 11-09-2007 11:00 AM

I have tried the live betting with Firefox, but it does not work for me. I have not had much luck with their technical support. What browser are you using?

Faceman 11-09-2007 02:48 PM

Thanks for the comments. I use Explorer. Occassionally there are technical problems that hault the wagering for a few minutes. Also, you don't always get paid right away. It can take up to ten minutes after you win the wager. They are still making improvements to the site. Overall it is good though.

centris 11-09-2007 02:52 PM

Internet explorer is no longer supported for Mac. Has anyone with a mac had any luck using the Bodog Live betting? What browser are you using?

Faceman 11-09-2007 02:54 PM

Qutoe:
no one posts about it because they don't want their golden goose killed

Response:

I used to think this way. However, the more people wagering the more Bodog will want to continue to offer live betting. Currently, they are the only site offering it. If more people do it, there will be more sites offering it. This would open up line shopping and putting more money on each wager. The more players the better for all of us.

MyTurn2Raise 11-09-2007 03:07 PM

nope...there are a handful of sites offering some form of live betting

hedgie43 11-09-2007 03:13 PM

MT2R,

Do other sites allow you to bet on the O/U on kickoffs and punts as well as the next play?

Faceman 11-09-2007 03:38 PM

what other sites are currently offering live betting? I know some have before. But I can't find any that are currently. Which site is most like Bodog?

MicroBob 11-09-2007 04:19 PM

WSEX offers live-betting but it's only on the result of the game.
Can still be profitable though. Or wickedly bankroll eating if you're an idiot like me.

Faceman 11-09-2007 05:55 PM

What about play-by-play in game betting for football?

Amerzel 11-09-2007 07:46 PM

Be wary the lines and check to make sure you got paid correctly. Early in the season I made a live bet as the next play being a run and their system took the bet but it didn't register the next play and skipped the run. Their system did register the pass play after the run and it acted as if I had lost the bet.

I emailed them with my bet, transaction numbers, and detailed description of what happened and they reversed the bet and properly credited my account.

Just something to look out for. I'd assume it's rare and hopefully fixed by now.

Amerzel

Borsberg 11-09-2007 07:53 PM

bet365 has amazing live betting, props, multiple o/u lines. its almost too good to be true. which it kind of is because they dont allow US members, only canadians.

example: i was watching a hockey game on VS. they were carrying it, it was a 4-1 game with 13 minutes left. they offered

5 total +125
6 total +100
7+ +190

those are not the exact odds but you get the picture.

cmahn13 11-09-2007 11:42 PM

I think that this is a great post for people that have not tryed live betting... I would like to know what you take on the kickoffs.. THe under??? I would like to get as much info from you as possible... Thanks for the pOST

Machmood 11-10-2007 09:15 AM

People claim to be up 6 figures but the max bet is 100 dollars, seems alittle fishy to me.......

Machmood 11-10-2007 03:33 PM

wondering if u guys would share ne strategies or just wait for good situations, like good kick returners, situations late in 2nd quarter with time runnig out where u almost know its a run......

thing85 11-10-2007 03:48 PM

I think live betting is probably -EV for most people. I personally never do it because I don't think I can accurately calculate fair lines, especially if you don't have long to do it. I'm sure some people here can do it, but I think the average bettor is going to lose money.

Borsberg 11-10-2007 10:44 PM

im not a big fan of it at all. i went 3-0 on bets that later showed "technical difficulties". yes the Tech Diff was shown before the play was run, but i got it in like 5 seconds before the lines shutdown each time. i think when a lot of people jump on a bet all at once then they shut the entire play down. not a fan of that.....also during a commercial break bodogs scoreboard showed 3rd and 1 when it was actually 3rd and a long 2. so i took "first down yes" and lost. i wouldnt have taken in had i known their scoreboard was wrong.

wheatrich 11-11-2007 04:34 AM

lol you trusted their scoreboard. No wonder they've got the live betting stuff--they're probably making a ton.

Fonzy4 11-12-2007 12:32 AM

So I just tried this today on the Indy-Chargers game, I went 13-17, mostly betting on, no first down, no score, and starting position from punt.I started betting towards the end of the game when it was raining so I would have some advantage. I came up pretty good [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

DCJ311 11-12-2007 12:56 AM

Live betting is really sweet for building up a huge position on IND +235 in-game. I run pretty good IMO

Faceman 11-13-2007 05:53 AM

I made some big money betting no first down and no score in the baltimore game on Sunday. But then I got hit hard in the Colts game. I bet no first, touchdown, and field goal, all at the wrong times. The missed FG at the end killed me. Overall though, up $1400 for Saturday and Sunday. We have live betting games every night this week on Bodog. Good luck everyone!

thing85 11-13-2007 08:57 AM

I hope this doesn't blow up in your face, man (pun intended).

Seriously, this could just be variance and not skill. How exactly are you calculating the fair odds for no first down, etc. on the spot, or are you just going by a gut feeling?

prodonkey 11-13-2007 10:18 AM

lol ya you have all of about 8-10 seconds to make a bet on most plays. The kind of live betting that bodog offers is for suckers imo, you aren't going to make any real $ on it, and it's just gambling. As DCJ said it is good for getting a nice price on a team that is down, but afaik bodog does not offer this feature.

Fonzy4 11-14-2007 04:03 PM

Steelers vs. jets
Come on, you can pretty much bet no score on every Jets drive against that Steelers D.