Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   I'm a hero (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541546)

Laetus 11-08-2007 06:20 PM

I\'m a hero

Villain is playing 40/25/5 after 30 hands. He thought for a couple of seconds before he went all-in on river. Do you like my call?

EverestPoker Game #2337559863: Table Nassau-3 - $3.00/$6.00 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:18:14 - 2007/11/08
Seat 1: luckyouest ($205.50)
Seat 2: mister.TILT ($57.90)
Seat 4: HERO ($582.00)
Seat 6: benny1896 ($1,829.19)
mister.TILT posts the small blind of $3.00
HERO posts the big blind of $6.00
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO[T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
benny1896 folds
luckyouest raises to $12.00
mister.TILT calls $9.00
HERO raises to $56.00
luckyouest calls $44.00
mister.TILT folds
*** FLOP *** [3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
HERO checks
luckyouest checks
*** TURN *** [3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
HERO checks
luckyouest checks
*** RIVER *** [3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
HERO checks
luckyouest bets $149.50 and is all-in
HERO calls $149.50

staring_elf 11-08-2007 06:31 PM

Re: I\'m a hero

not really,

you only beat total air and i cant see him calling preflop with that, esp given stack sizes

Ax high prob will check it down, any pair will too hoping that you have A high and anything else (AA, any K, flush, etc) knows you have A high or something very marginal and is maybe looking for you to make a hero call.

i just dont see what he's calling with preflop that isn't happy to check down with

Laetus 11-08-2007 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not really,

you only beat total air and i cant see him calling preflop with that.

Ax high prob will check it down, any pair will too hoping that you have A high and anything else (AA, any K, flush, etc) knows you have A high or something very marginal and is maybe looking for you to make a hero call.

i just dont see what he's calling with preflop that isn't happy to check down with

[/ QUOTE ]
Thing is that he's playing 40/25 and is most likely a retard, they don't think.

staring_elf 11-08-2007 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not really,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

true, he's obviously retarded as he only has 30bb or so.

i still dont like the call though.

Ship Ship McGipp 11-08-2007 06:35 PM

you're a zero

aditya 11-08-2007 06:37 PM

yup, i call here too. He's missed his AQ or w/e so much here and decides to bluff you off. Only hand I'd be worried about is like QJ or something that decides to bluff, but I'm not too worried.

Laetus 11-08-2007 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're a zero

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha maybe...

I just had a feeling that he was empty, was something with the timing on his checks and bets - kinda hard to explain.

staring_elf 11-08-2007 06:40 PM

why would AQ or QJ turn their hand into a bluff with half decent showdown value?

i know hero looks like he whiffed that flop or has something exactly like he is representing (QQ,TT etc) but most donks with 1/3 stacks aren't good enough to value shove QJ in this spot.

d2themfi 11-08-2007 06:47 PM

haha idk i kinda like this

OneTimeAce 11-08-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not really,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A 40/25 may get a hand once in a while. Doesnt mean he wont get a hand.

MatthewRyan 11-08-2007 07:07 PM

op - what are u doing RR pre if u cant bet and over card board vs someone with basicaly a psb left

Laetus 11-08-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
op - what are u doing RR pre if u cant bet and over card board vs someone with basicaly a psb left

[/ QUOTE ]
I like a check/call more and let him bluff. I don't really see the point in betting actually.

staring_elf 11-08-2007 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if he only has a psb left what is the point in betting? you pretty much commit yourself and you only get called by hands that have you crushed and you fold out everything else. at least this way he might try to run a bluff after hero takes such a passive line and you might snap off a bluff.