Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   200NL Triple-Barreling is Always Fun II (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541270)

Ap0calypse 11-08-2007 11:36 AM

200NL Triple-Barreling is Always Fun II

$1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Villian is nitty about 14/10/1.5

I haven't gotten out of line or made any moves, but I don't necessarily have a straightforward tight image.

MP: $30.80
CO: $273.90
BTN: $220
Hero (SB): $273.15
BB: $200
UTG: $50.85

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $8</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $7, BB folds

Flop: ($18) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $14</font>, CO calls $14

Turn: ($46) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $37</font>, CO calls $37

River: ($120) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $105</font>

<font color="blue"> Is this line ok given the scare cards? Is he going to be calling with 88-JJ? QQ+? Often? </font> </font>

Ajahn 11-08-2007 11:39 AM

Re: 200NL Triple-Barreling is Always Fun II

OP loses, unless he had the best hand

theplux 11-08-2007 11:42 AM

against a nit i try to avoid those spots. if he has any mid-pp hes going to snapclal you.

loosbastard 11-08-2007 11:52 AM

He's calling your ass.

Chicago Twister 11-08-2007 12:00 PM

I see no scare cards, and you represent cheese.

SpecT 11-08-2007 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP loses, unless he had the best hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Melchiades 11-08-2007 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? How about we rep a boat, straight or 7xcc? I'm not saying he will fold, but there are def lots of big hands in our range.

drewvy 11-08-2007 12:48 PM

villain has to be pretty stubborn to just call down here IMO but wouldnt kk/aa raise the flop?

Ap0calypse 11-08-2007 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villain has to be pretty stubborn to just call down here IMO but wouldnt kk/aa raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking is that our Villian will be raising QQ+ on the flop or at the very minimum, the turn. However, given our strong line and his semi-passive stats, he probably wouldn't raise Axs Kxs hands that often. The triple barrel was intended to go with our read of 88-TT/JJ(maybe folding), some sort of drawing hand, and fold out any of these hands that beat us.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know about you but I take this line with the 7/FD combo (most often), a set, and even KK/AA on the occasion.

What is his actual calling range on the river given his passive flop/turn play? Is he really calling with 88-TT here?

STARSCREAM. 11-08-2007 01:19 PM

This turn and river isn't really scary enough to warrent this.

EgoSlasher 11-08-2007 01:26 PM

This is not a &gt; 50% bluff on the river imo, just give up.

Noam Chomsky 11-08-2007 01:30 PM

The board's not a great one to be going after the nitty guy. If he's a remotely thinking player, he'll realize that the 7 is a good card for him and snap call.

o_O-zZ 11-08-2007 01:33 PM

I dont like call from sb against this player. And u need to have really good notes on this nit to make this play. And u could mix up your floating by c/r turn for example.

Chicago Twister 11-08-2007 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? How about we rep a boat, straight or 7xcc? I'm not saying he will fold, but there are def lots of big hands in our range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Representation is a matter of perception, not intent.

HoldEmNewby 11-08-2007 02:18 PM

double barrel was bad.

triple barrel isn't so bad but still bad. You've got to push or fold. Nits are nits for a reason and the flush draw missing is enough of a reason for him to want to call you down

- I don't see pushing for 2xpot to be +EV so i fold

Lucky 11-08-2007 02:22 PM

I dont like it.

also, the way you make money against the nits is to make one move in a hand against them, shut down if called. That can be a cbet, raise with a draw, etc. If called, thats it without improvement as long as you've taken strong stab.

martijn 11-08-2007 02:26 PM

on this board double/tripple barreling is VERY bad.

Ap0calypse 11-08-2007 02:27 PM

Ok so maybe I was the villian during this hand, are you calling with 88-TT as played?

martijn 11-08-2007 02:29 PM

theres a big difference between what we do in that spot/what you should do, and what villain does.

74o_Clownsuit 11-08-2007 02:30 PM

I like it. You stole my title thread!!! Bastard!!!!1111 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

LOL at people who never fire without having it against a nit who is likely to be very scared here.

But honestly you should probably wait until you see him make a fold in a big pot before trying something like this.

Melchiades 11-08-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Representation is a matter of perception, not intent.

[/ QUOTE ]
What the [censored] does that even mean? This is a very common flop and turn line for 7x flushdraw, set, and openeded straightdraw. If villain has a brain he should fear those hands. We are representing these hands. Perception, intent, inscmhment.

If you say you don't like it because you don't think villain is capable of folding an overpair, that is ok. I probably even agree. But to say we represent cheese is just lazy and wrong.

Ap0calypse 11-08-2007 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it. You stole my title thread!!! Bastard!!!!1111 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I used all my creativity on my paper for class :O

[ QUOTE ]
LOL at people who never fire without having it against a nit who is likely to be very scared here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish people would try to put the villian on a range that he calls with instead of just saying "ITS BAD". Yea, it may be, but a 15/10 on button doesn't have to be nit.

Forget about what he thinks we have, doesn't a large portion of his range include small pairs and the flush draw? I hate to keep this thread alive, but I'm trying to analyze this play a little more. I just feel like this is becoming a group think analysis.

Melchiades 11-08-2007 03:21 PM

He has an overpair. He either finds a fold, or he doesn't. How is that for a range?

Maybe he calls TT half the time and AA 100% of the time and the hands between something in between? Maybe he folds all overpairs always. It's not really about his calling range, its if he believes you are bluffing, or if he is a station that never folds an overpair.

Chicago Twister 11-08-2007 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you say you don't like it because you don't think villain is capable of folding an overpair, that is ok. I probably even agree. But to say we represent cheese is just lazy and wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really feel like arguing semantics with you, so I'll just say that yeah I think he has an overpair that he's not folding.