Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Good Cigars (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540937)

WCGRider 11-07-2007 11:46 PM

Good Cigars

Hay BBV4L,

Im thinking about buying a box of some cigars in the 7 to 15$ range (obviously per cigar lol). Was wondering if you guys have any personal favorites that you would recommend. Actually, if you have any info on cigars at all i would be glad to hear it.

divides_by_zero 11-07-2007 11:47 PM

Re: Good Cigars

For a n00b, can't really go wrong with Arturo Fuentes or Macanudos.

React1oN 11-07-2007 11:47 PM

Chocolate ones are good.

divides_by_zero 11-07-2007 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chocolate ones are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooh for things with flavors I like the Acid line. Those are fun. Smell good, still retain that good tobacco flavor but with just a hint of fun.

En Passant 11-07-2007 11:50 PM

Every cigar shop has some cubans in the back. Slip "the man" a cool 10 spot and your good to go.

yeotaJMU 11-07-2007 11:50 PM

i really like an ashton... they run about 5-6 bucks each. its a lighter cigar but has good flavor.

if you are into darker more heavy cigars id try an ortega... they are a little thicker and are more dense.

yeotaJMU 11-07-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For a n00b, can't really go wrong with Arturo Fuentes or Macanudos.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah macanudo i couldnt remember the name

React1oN 11-07-2007 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chocolate ones are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooh for things with flavors I like the Acid line. Those are fun. Smell good, still retain that good tobacco flavor but with just a hint of fun.

[/ QUOTE ]The ones with pink and blue wrappers are the best from what I've seen.

Oh sweet, found a pic

http://www.fairytaleweddingstore.com...pics/975-1.jpg

WCGRider 11-07-2007 11:52 PM

I like a heavier cigar and ive actually heard good things about ortega's

Tider92 11-08-2007 12:30 AM

If your a cigar noob try anything Torano. A good mild is Casa Torano. About 5 bucks a stick. If your feeling adventurous, Try Gurkha Shaggy about $8 a stick. A more full bodied but won't knock you down. Instead of a box, get your cigar shop to make you up a sampler box. That way you get to try several and find some you like.

yeotaJMU 11-08-2007 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Instead of a box, get your cigar shop to make you up a sampler box. That way you get to try several and find some you like.

[/ QUOTE ]

best advice in thread

Carolina Pirate 11-08-2007 12:53 AM

didn't see one of the post above who talked about sample boxes....

seriously, pick up a sample box, that's what i do and it helps find a cigar that you will enjoy. who cares about the name and price. that will come in time as you weed out the bs

Fubster 11-08-2007 01:18 AM

Macanudos and Arturo Fuentes are always solid. Dannemans are good, too.

Sampler boxes are A+. Keep in mind that if you're getting a box and don't plan on smoking them all within a month, invest in a cheap in-box humidifier.

divides_by_zero 11-08-2007 01:22 AM

*is totally rocking the travel humidors from party poker lolwtfbbq*

O Fen�meno 11-08-2007 01:33 AM

www.jrcigars.com

divides_by_zero 11-08-2007 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
www.jrcigars.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Way ahead of you. Uncle introduced me to this site actually. Just really haven't had the money or place to smoke (dorms suck) to invest. Might actually pick up some smokes for cast party this weekend though, there's a tobbaco shop in Havard Square that has the Arturo Fuentes I like.

O Fen�meno 11-08-2007 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
www.jrcigars.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Way ahead of you. Uncle introduced me to this site actually. Just really haven't had the money or place to smoke (dorms suck) to invest. Might actually pick up some smokes for cast party this weekend though, there's a tobbaco shop in Havard Square that has the Arturo Fuentes I like.

[/ QUOTE ]
couldnt agree with you more about dorms sucking for smoking, i wanted to study and smoke yesterday but i cant smoke in my room or withing 30 feet of any building. i bought a 50 cigar humidor from them along with la finca - corona. they were only about $38 for 25 of the cigars and i like them alot

pokah5 11-08-2007 03:30 AM

the cigar thread in EDF is a good place to start.

Taso 11-08-2007 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the cigar thread in EDF is a good place to start.

[/ QUOTE ]

And as always, I'll recommend Rocky Patel, vintage 92's. My favorite cigar so far, runs about $8-9 per.

C-Dog 11-08-2007 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every cigar shop has some cubans in the back. Slip "the man" a cool 10 spot and your good to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not accurate. The fines are too huge to take risks like that for most Cigar Dealers. Just having a Cuban Cigar in your shop is like a 100000 fine. Being that we are in a time of war and all.

benlj21 11-08-2007 01:40 PM

it really depends on your smoking history/personal preferences. like, if you like to inhale a little for more buzz/have been or are a cigarette smoker, you want something lighter so you don't die. if you just want the flavor you can go with the maduros which are darker. personally, i'm a cigarette smoker (leak imo) so i like something light, and i really like the acidic type. the chocolate and vanilla ones were really good too. i also tried some ashtons which were nice, a pretty smooth smoke. basically, if you don't really know, and these are just for you, i would just get some singles because i don't think their that much more expensive than a box and its cool to try some different kinds. if you're buying for a party or something i'd suggest either ashton or romeo e julieta because i think most ppl like those.

benlj21 11-08-2007 01:45 PM

oh, this is kinda random but interesting: sometimes in the humidor the cigars will start to grow this funky blue mold. if that happens, rub the blue stuff into the cigar and they basically get 100x more hardcore. like, they will [censored] you up and its obv not good for you but its pretty fun in a "wow that was messed up" way. one of my friends smoked one once. if you consider yourself at all young and stupid, i suggest you try it if you get the chance.

Orlando Salazar 11-08-2007 01:50 PM

stay away from cigars that use phosphate fertilizers to grow leaves