Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   sicko bluff in 100r (didnt work not a brag post) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540902)

aaaaaaaa 11-07-2007 11:02 PM

sicko bluff in 100r (didnt work not a brag post)

PokerStars Game #13105165316: Tournament #65927492, $100+$9 Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2007/11/07 - 21:33:25 (ET)
Table '65927492 11' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: johne147 (3135 in chips)
Seat 2: samh133 (4715 in chips)
Seat 3: aaaaaaaa (10935 in chips)
Seat 4: SLOPPYKLOD (6105 in chips)
Seat 5: crzysavage (12730 in chips)
Seat 6: Tmay420 (13010 in chips)
Seat 7: Killer_ooooo (7875 in chips)
Seat 8: Mosnan (11650 in chips)
Seat 9: WhooooKidd (7375 in chips)
johne147: posts small blind 100
samh133: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to aaaaaaaa [8s 8h]
aaaaaaaa: raises 200 to 400
SLOPPYKLOD: folds
crzysavage: calls 400
Tmay420: folds
Killer_ooooo: folds
Mosnan: calls 400
WhooooKidd: calls 400
johne147: folds
samh133: calls 200
*** FLOP *** [3d Kd Kh]
samh133: checks
aaaaaaaa: checks
crzysavage: checks
Mosnan: checks
WhooooKidd: checks
*** TURN *** [3d Kd Kh] [Ac]
samh133: checks
aaaaaaaa: checks
crzysavage: bets 700
Mosnan: raises 1300 to 2000
WhooooKidd: folds
samh133: folds
aaaaaaaa: raises 2800 to 4800
crzysavage: calls 4100
Mosnan: folds
*** RIVER *** [3d Kd Kh Ac] [8d]
aaaaaaaa: bets 5735 and is all-in
crzysavage: calls 5735
*** SHOW DOWN ***
aaaaaaaa: shows [8s 8h] (a full house, Eights full of Kings)
crzysavage: shows [As Ad] (a full house, Aces full of Kings)

i rly should post this when im not playing so many tables and post it correctly but i just dont wanna forget to or get lazy or somethign ill go into more detail later when i can.i bluff the turn because i dont see any1 having aa,kk or ak here much given pf action and i feel kq folds a lot here and my hand looks very strong turns kq and 33 into bluff catchers the guy instacalls me any1 c/f river?( not rresults orientated question about river)

Bakes 11-07-2007 11:45 PM

Re: sicko bluff in 100r (didnt work not a brag post)

folding out KQ and 33 in this spot vs a random = the lol. you have got to revise your thinking in this spot.

aaaaaaaa 11-08-2007 12:21 AM

i think kq folds a lot here but not 33 even though its basically same thing. are randoms in 100r really that bad to not fold kq here?

Ship Ship McGipp 11-08-2007 02:21 AM

i like preflop

Bakes 11-08-2007 02:26 AM

i dunno people just dont like to fold and when you do something weird like check two streets then minraise giving them insane odds they don't really tend to fold their trips. Yeah, your line looks extremely strong and will fold out anything but trips...however its out there a lot with a bet and a raise in a 6 way pot. I'd much rather lead the flop, theres money in the pot and people will give you cred.

Ship Ship McGipp 11-08-2007 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dunno people just dont like to fold and when you do something weird like check two streets then minraise giving them insane odds they don't really tend to fold their trips. Yeah, your line looks extremely strong and will fold out anything but trips...however its out there a lot with a bet and a raise in a 6 way pot. I'd much rather lead the flop, theres money in the pot and people will give you cred.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you taking this guy seriously
>?

JammyDodga 11-08-2007 06:14 AM

Whats with the min-raise UTG? Explain yourself please.

registrar 11-08-2007 07:17 AM

How are we defining 'bluff' here?

ASPoker8 11-08-2007 07:21 AM

this hand has to be a level

Bakes 11-08-2007 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 9: WhooooKidd (7375 in chips)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly not.

WarDekar 11-08-2007 11:56 AM

I try sik bluffs all the time, but this is just bad and a huge spew IMO.

aaaaaaaa 11-08-2007 04:23 PM

i guess i thought folding trip kings isnt that big of a laydown i snap fold it in both my opponents spots. dont u guys fold kq here pretty easily?

WarDekar 11-08-2007 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess i thought folding trip kings isnt that big of a laydown i snap fold it in both my opponents spots. dont u guys fold kq here pretty easily?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh... what part of his line makes you decide he has QK AND that if he DOES have QK at that point that he would ever lay it down?

aaaaaaaa 11-08-2007 05:32 PM

they can have a lot of hands here that are worst than kq im not saying thats all he can have im just saying hes even gonna fold kq here which i guess is wrong because 1 million people told me that people dont fold trips.also to answer ur question why i think they fold kq is because i snap fold it.dont u fold kq here? i jusy thought it was an easy fold for people guess im dumb.

IWEARGOGGLES 11-08-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they can have a lot of hands here that are worst than kq im not saying thats all he can have im just saying hes even gonna fold kq here which i guess is wrong because 1 million people told me that people dont fold trips.also to answer ur question why i think they fold kq is because i snap fold it.dont u fold kq here? i jusy thought it was an easy fold for people guess im dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Short answer: You checkraised the turn and it was 4100 to him after calling 700. He flatcalled. He is never, ever folding on the river after flatcalling the turn.

aaaaaaaa 11-08-2007 05:45 PM

what are u talking bout goggles im talking bout folding kq on turn u musta misread the post also i make boat on the river.

WarDekar 11-08-2007 05:48 PM

If he's folding KQ here why's he playing KQ like this at all? It doesn't make sense, no one that plays the hand like this, if they have QK, is folding it. That is my point. He is never folding QK if he has it here. If you somehow managed to take the same line with QK and fold it here, well, I'm not sure what to say.

Plus like... what are you representing exactly? AK and AA are the (virtual) nuts so I mean... yeah, those hands call (hence his calls)

registrar 11-08-2007 05:49 PM

Other short answer: raising a bet four-way on that board, after checking the flop is a) stronger than trips b)trips and too excited to fold often enough for this to be a good idea c) never a better hand less than trips that you can fold out

aaaaaaaa 11-08-2007 05:59 PM

does it matter that i can only represent monster hands when people prolly wont ever think im bluffing? ya i guess most people who would raise kq are not gonna fold it often enough.but idk that small raise to 2k just seems really weak to me idk why but kinds just says to me "im folding to a raise" at the time once again idk why.

stealthmunk 11-08-2007 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this hand has to be a level

[/ QUOTE ]

the thought process on this hand isn't nearly as bad as people are making it out to be.

i mean its bad, for reasons above posters have mentioned...but not OMG WTFRUTHINKING U STUPID FKING DONKEY BAD. especially because, as he said, aside from the initial cold caller no1 else pretty much ever has AK/KK/AA, while aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa can.

whenever i see an aaaaaaaaaaaa post
its like
[x] minraise
[x] fps
[x] how did he call?

sometimes the best thing in donkaments is just to keep it simple, play solid, respect the tourney life, etc. yes, the tourney life.

aaaaaaaa 11-08-2007 06:26 PM

every1 acts like the min raise is like the worst thing in the world without actually analyzing it i think it has a lot of advantages used in the right situation.1st of all i like to be deep but not too deep i need to be deep enough so i can play flops because thats what the min raising is about more postflop play also i dont wanna be too deep because i have no fold equity and u also cant have fold much equity at like 50/100 when blinds are 75/150 or above u have decent FE.ok now heres the advantages of it.it allows me to play more hands because its cheaper to enter a pot for a raise,allows for more postflop play and deeper postflop play,makes me harder to read because my range is wider,often times people make horrible calls out of BB and u get to play HU with them in pos vs their horrible hands where if u 3x they fold,also their is the compounding effect of losing less whenever u lose a pot i know this works both ways but u i lose more pots than i win with my loose style and it really adds up. also i dont like to do it at really tough tables because my advantage postflop isnt to much.im probably forgetting other things if i remember ill add them.

overthaline 11-08-2007 06:47 PM

lol, don't bluff crzysavage. he's a nit, he's gonna show up with the nuts here everytime.

aaaaaaaa 11-08-2007 07:07 PM

so far nobody has commented OTR anyone c/f here after this guy snap calls in squeeze position OTT?

jcm4ccc 11-08-2007 08:07 PM

I think the minraise hurts you a lot when trying a bluff. Your play is unconventional, which means that your oppenents are more likely to look you up, since they don't know what you are doing. They may suspect you have AA, but they won't be very confident about it. On the other hand, if you had raised 3xbb and played everything else the same, your bluff would have been much more convincing -- it just would have looked like a standard AK play.

aaaaaaaa 11-08-2007 11:12 PM

its not a min raise i made it 4800 guy made it 2k

jcm4ccc 11-08-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its not a min raise i made it 4800 guy made it 2k

[/ QUOTE ] I was referring to the preflop minraise.

crzysavage 11-09-2007 12:52 AM

gg

IWEARGOGGLES 11-09-2007 03:07 AM

aaaaaaaaaa,

The thing is that nobody is going to fold QK when your line makes absolutely no sense for any kind of reasonable hand.

JammyDodga 11-09-2007 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
every1 acts like the min raise is like the worst thing in the world without actually analyzing it i think it has a lot of advantages used in the right situation.1st of all i like to be deep but not too deep i need to be deep enough so i can play flops because thats what the min raising is about more postflop play also i dont wanna be too deep because i have no fold equity and u also cant have fold much equity at like 50/100 when blinds are 75/150 or above u have decent FE.ok now heres the advantages of it.it allows me to play more hands because its cheaper to enter a pot for a raise,allows for more postflop play and deeper postflop play,makes me harder to read because my range is wider,often times people make horrible calls out of BB and u get to play HU with them in pos vs their horrible hands where if u 3x they fold,also their is the compounding effect of losing less whenever u lose a pot i know this works both ways but u i lose more pots than i win with my loose style and it really adds up. also i dont like to do it at really tough tables because my advantage postflop isnt to much.im probably forgetting other things if i remember ill add them.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what your saying is that you min raise in EP with a hand you want to see a flop with...

Where's the deception in this? That is exactly what I think when I see someone min-raise in EP. Depending on how loose the player is I'm thinking its hands like mid pairs, and high broadways, useually less than AK...

Sometimes it AA, KK, QQ but not that often. And if you see people min-raising UTG a lot without a high pair you can confirm your read.

I see someone min-raise pre in EP alot, I will nearly always go after them on the flop, because if they indicate that they want to see a flop before committing more chips, it tells me that they will often miss the flop and therefor cant keep playing.

crzysavage 11-09-2007 11:35 AM

too bad mosnan didnt have KQ. thought he was gonna come along the slippery slide

11-09-2007 12:25 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

pokerstudAA 11-09-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
too bad mosnan didnt have KQ. thought he was gonna come along the slippery slide

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL i love these posts. makes me think that everytime i post something about some random on 2+2 they are reading it

[/ QUOTE ]

It is fun to google your screen name and read the funny stuff that comes up. There were at least 3 hands people posted on various message boards vs me that had me cracking up. One hand on P5's a dude was crying cause I cracked his AA with J2o.

Ship Ship McGipp 11-09-2007 06:02 PM

i dont' think anyone could construe this as a brag post

Double Ice 11-14-2007 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, don't bluff crzysavage. he's a <u>spewtard</u>, he's gonna show up with the nuts here everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerStars Game ... $20+$2 Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (200/400) - 2007/11/12 - 22:57:24 (ET)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Double Ice [8s Js]
crzysavage: raises 500 to 900
4 folds.
Double Ice: calls 900
2 folds.
*** FLOP *** [2c 4c 5s]
Double Ice: bets 1600
crzysavage: calls 1600
*** TURN *** [2c 4c 5s] [2s]
Double Ice: checks
*** RIVER *** [2c 4c 5s 2s] [9h]
Double Ice: bets 4000
crzysavage: calls 4000
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Double Ice: shows [8s Js] (a pair of Deuces)
crzysavage: shows [Qd Ah] (a pair of Deuces - Ace kicker)
crzysavage collected 13825 from pot

Bakes 11-14-2007 03:26 PM

??? how is that spewy

you got owned

WarDekar 11-14-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
??? how is that spewy

you got owned

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh srsly