Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Iran claims it now has 3k+ centrifuges working (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540434)

salesbeast 11-07-2007 10:47 AM

Iran claims it now has 3k+ centrifuges working

This can't be good...as US has said if he didn't halt gg Iran I hate this BS going on and wish that little evil man would just go away....and Ahmadinejad to.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Subfallen 11-07-2007 11:02 AM

Re: Iran claims it now has 3k+ centrifuges working

[ QUOTE ]
Iran says it is fully within its rights to pursue the enrichment to produce fuel under the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...I_Soufa_lg.jpg

"Well, that's just like...your opinion, man."

Case Closed 11-07-2007 11:17 AM

Do any of the other youthful 2p2ers worry about the prospect of a draft if we enter into a war with Iran?

Orlando Salazar 11-07-2007 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do any of the other youthful 2p2ers worry about the prospect of a draft if we enter into a war with Iran?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm signing up for BUD/s if there is a draft! Hoooyah!

manbearpig 11-07-2007 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Scares the bejesus out of me.

Case Closed 11-07-2007 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I am pretty sure I'll be screwed if there is a draft.

XXXNoahXXX 11-07-2007 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Scares the bejesus out of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm smart. Does that mean I can sit in a bunker somewhere and just push buttons when I get drafted?

That whole "field combat" thing just really doesn't jibe with my personality.

Subfallen 11-07-2007 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO. Ship teh "steely-eyed-death-in-the-dark-shiva-comes-on-little-cat-feet" status please!

I'm probably joining the SEALs anyways, but goddamn would this be a nice excuse.

j555 11-07-2007 12:11 PM

I'm scared of the possibility of a draft if the neo-cons get their way again and invade Iran. But is the link provided what we call a biased source?

ConstantineX 11-07-2007 12:20 PM

The first politician to propose a draft in this atmosphere would be committing foregone political suicide. Too many boomers with memories of Vietnam and too many Americans remember promises of an "easy war".

Bedreviter 11-07-2007 12:23 PM

Is it really likely that a military response to this would lead to any sort of invasion or troops on the field? A few bombs in the right places would stop the nucelar program, and the Us would not have to invade Iran to do that.

AngusThermopyle 11-07-2007 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But is the link provided what we call a biased source?

[/ QUOTE ]

One could consider the JP a biased source, but it is an Associated Press article and there are other sources (besides AP) repeating the same info.

bobman0330 11-07-2007 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm scared of the possibility of a draft if the neo-cons get their way again and invade Iran. But is the link provided what we call a biased source?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to google, draft priority would likely start at 20, then 21, etc., through 25. So unless you're really young, it's unlikely ot be a problem.

Dane S 11-07-2007 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is it really likely that a military response to this would lead to any sort of invasion or troops on the field? A few bombs in the right places would stop the nucelar program, and the Us would not have to invade Iran to do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it'll probably be a quick simple operation with no unforeseen consequences at all.

I mean what could go wrong?

ConstantineX 11-07-2007 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is rarely ever the problem for the military power doing the invading. The problem stems from the vacuum of legitimate governance that occurs when the invader destroys the institutions keeping order. Rogue elements emerge, the like...those we are trying to prevent the government of Iran from giving nuclear weapons in the first place.

Bedreviter 11-07-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it'll probably be a quick simple operation with no unforeseen consequences at all.

I mean what could go wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

It worked fairly well in Iraq during President Clinton.

Klompy 11-07-2007 12:44 PM

What would be sold as simple air strikes would inevitably lead to masses of Iranians forming at the iran/iraq boarder attacking our forces and an all out ground war against Iran IMO.

Bedreviter 11-07-2007 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is rarely ever the problem for the military power doing the invading. The problem stems from the vacuum of legitimate governance that occurs when the invader destroys the institutions keeping order. Rogue elements emerge, the like...those we are trying to prevent the government of Iran from giving nuclear weapons in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the US and its allies have a pretty good overview of where the nuclear installations are. Bombing those alone (not any other military or governmental facilities) would not create any power vacuum, and the institutions that are keeping order would be largely unharmed (unless they build their Congress and presidential residence at the site of nucelar development).

BCPVP 11-07-2007 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, for the reasons mentioned by ConstantineX.

Case Closed 11-07-2007 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The first politician to propose a draft in this atmosphere would be committing foregone political suicide. Too many boomers with memories of Vietnam and too many Americans remember promises of an "easy war".

[/ QUOTE ]
With the immediate threat, real or imaginary, of nuclear war with Iran I think a crafty politician can get a draft done if things fall into place.

PLOlover 11-07-2007 04:35 PM

let me guess, they have a source named "fastball"?

NewTeaBag 11-07-2007 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the US and its allies have a pretty good overview of where the nuclear installations are. Bombing those alone (not any other military or governmental facilities) would not create any power vacuum, and the institutions that are keeping order would be largely unharmed (unless they build their Congress and presidential residence at the site of nucelar development).

[/ QUOTE ]

And the Iranian Republican Guard Air Force and Navl Units would just idly sit by and watch the bombs fall? OR Perhaps strike out at any US Warships in the Persian Gulf and/or US Ground troops in Iraq. Which is more likely? What do you think The US would do if another country executed a surgical strike on our land based missile bunkers or similar strategic asset?

There is no such thing as a tidy war with a country who has a large, well equipped, and decently trained military such as Iran.

AlexM 11-07-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://right-thoughts.us/images/uploads/nelson-haha.gif

tomdemaine 11-07-2007 07:42 PM

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/centrifugal_force.png

MuresanForMVP 11-07-2007 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO. Ship teh "steely-eyed-death-in-the-dark-shiva-comes-on-little-cat-feet" status please!

I'm probably joining the SEALs anyways, but goddamn would this be a nice excuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand how moto you are now, but saying you're joining the SEALs on an internet board, and actually signing the SEAL Challenge contract then surviving basic training, then BUD/s and all the rest are two completely different things. More power to you if you're serious about it, but make sure you are.

I only say this because this quote:

[ QUOTE ]
Ship teh "steely-eyed-death-in-the-dark-shiva-comes-on-little-cat-feet" status please!

[/ QUOTE ] makes it seem like you may possibly be doing it for the wrong reasons (one too many Seagal movies). Not trying to make assumptions, just an observation.

Money2Burn 11-07-2007 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I might take the opportunity to become a professional poker player down in Costa Rica.