Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Bringing alcohol home (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540214)

Pigslice 11-07-2007 01:55 AM

Bringing alcohol home

So yea in college alcohol is everywhere, but when I go home I have very few connections and I would like to throw some parties. Here its so easy to find someone over 21 to buy you whatever you want, but I don't have that luxury at home.

Then someone proposed to me that I just buy some here and take it back home in my non carry on luggage. I've ran it by a couple of people and their responses vary from "Oh yea it shouldn't be a problem since you're not bringing anything illegal back home" to "Dude you're screwed if you get caught with that and they scan everything".

I don't really know what to believe so I'm asking for thoughts here.

mahgeetah 11-07-2007 02:28 AM

Re: Bringing alcohol home

if you're flying, just make sure it's not glass bottles because they will burst... some kind of air pressure thing.

and i'm not sure, but airports probably aren't that concerned with alcohol in the cargo area... so you'll probably be alright. if you do get caught, i don't think it would be a big deal.

don't call me if you end up in jail.

DougieG 11-07-2007 04:35 AM

Check it. I don't think it matters as the only times your age is verified (to my knowledge) is when they check your ID to see who you are at check in and going through security. At check in they won't know there's alcohol in your bag, at security you don't have your bag.

Worst case scenario, if you got 'caught' somehow, just tell them it's a present for your father that you had your buddy buy you and you didn't know it was a problem. This won't happen though.

NozeCandy 11-07-2007 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if you're flying, just make sure it's not glass bottles because they will burst... some kind of air pressure thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy lol.

Put it in your checked luggage, it's fine.

Pigslice 11-07-2007 05:13 AM

Yea, I thought the airlines wouldn't give a [censored] once you're in and nothing illegal is in your checked in luggage. But my paranoid brain was thinking that once they found it they would verify I was of age or something. I guess if I'm still worried about it I could put it in a water bottle or some other disguise.

Also I've never heard of the glass bottles shattering, is that true?? I thought people brought back wine from other countries.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...rial_1189.shtm
Just reading this makes me wonder if its a sorta "we don't really check if you're bringing everclear but if you get caught with it you're screwed" or if they actually screen your things

Keyser. 11-07-2007 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah seriously, wouldn't the business that sells liquor bottles in the terminals not exist if that were true?

cmoneymaker10 11-07-2007 09:03 AM

a couple solutions, depending on how desperate you are:
buy gatorade and food coloring. dump the gatorade. add food coloring to clear alcohol. use krazy glue to repair the seal

if youre REALLY paranoid: same thing but drill a hole in the bottom of the gatorade bottle where the plastic has the thickness. use a hot glue gun to replace the hole.

XXXNoahXXX 11-07-2007 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a couple solutions, depending on how desperate you are:
buy gatorade and food coloring. dump the gatorade. add food coloring to clear alcohol. use krazy glue to repair the seal

if youre REALLY paranoid: same thing but drill a hole in the bottom of the gatorade bottle where the plastic has the thickness. use a hot glue gun to replace the hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is awesome. definitely do this.

jjshabado 11-07-2007 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah seriously, wouldn't the business that sells liquor bottles in the terminals not exist if that were true?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, because you don't understand the conspiracy. They "sell" you the bottles in the airport and you put them in the overhead bin thinking they're safe. But there are actually little tunnels running behind the bins. So when you land at your destination the plane is immediately met by a truck with the bottles of alcohol that you've ordered. Then the plane taxis awhile with you stuck in your seat with the seatbelt fastened. Midgets crawl throughout the tunnel replacing your fake bottles with your real alcohol. When they're done they give the all-clear sign to the pilot (usually by giving them a blow job) and the pilot heads to the terminal.

Now you know the truth and can't unlearn the truth. Midgets' Rights!!!

Ganjasaurus Rex 11-07-2007 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

don't call me because i'm in the looney bin.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

andy099 11-07-2007 10:51 AM

wait u can't buy alchohol in america until ur 21. lol, really? I guess your not allowed to drink it either. ?

Slaladin 11-07-2007 11:15 AM

just put it in your checked baggage. if they get hold of you 99 times out of 100 they won't care, if they ask why you have it, say present from an aunt for parents. guft wrap the bottles or something if you're paranoid.

when will freshers ever learn.

AceLuby 11-07-2007 11:37 AM

Nothing is gonna happen. I've put things much worse than alcohol in my checked luggage w/ no problem.

mahgeetah 11-07-2007 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

don't call me because i'm in the looney bin.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm... well it happened to a friend of mine. maybe he was lying. i'm an idiot. i'm not going to try to defend myself.

KingDan 11-07-2007 04:40 PM

I think you are allowed to transport (unopened) alcohol at 18.

Taso 11-07-2007 05:32 PM

lol yeah, you are.

diddyeinstein 11-07-2007 05:52 PM

I've seen underage people bring alcohol through customs in the post 9/11 era, so I think you should have no problems flying domestically with it.

rivermetimbers 11-07-2007 11:36 PM

ive flown with glass bottles of alcohol, they wont break (the cabin is pressurized, and therefore the difference in pressure is minimized).... as far as getting caught with the alcohol because you are underage, the ABSOLUTE WORST that happens (most likely) is you get a small fine, they arent gonna arrest you.... however if for whatever reason your bag gets randomly checked and there is a "wierd" liquid in an unmarked water bottle, that might set off some security alarms........ your best bet is to just keep it UNOPENED in the original container and throw it in ur luggage (or abstain from alcohol for winter break? jk lol)

wiffleballer 11-07-2007 11:41 PM

Where do you get alcohol?

rivermetimbers 11-07-2007 11:42 PM

the liquor store?

PLAYOFFS 11-08-2007 02:15 AM

This thread is so gay.

NozeCandy 11-08-2007 03:43 AM

Dear God, whatever you do DO NOT put it in plastic bottles. THEY BURST AT CRUISING ALTITUDE.

Ganjasaurus Rex 11-08-2007 11:07 AM

I thought it was only the wooden casks that burst at cruising altitude?

XXXNoahXXX 11-08-2007 11:44 AM

you guys are all [censored] retarded.

you need to look to the alcohol content to see if it will burst. anything over 80 proof will assplode.

NozeCandy 11-08-2007 12:21 PM

Oh God, this just in. My friend was traveling with a box of Franzia checked in a suitcase of white linen clothing and it burst! Something about Boyle's law, the extra air in the bag, and the lower temperature up high I don't really know. Either way he now has red wine all over his nicest clothes.

So boxed wine is out too. Maybe we can still check kegs?

Ganjasaurus Rex 11-08-2007 12:22 PM

Don't forget that anything under 10% alcohol will freeze at cruising altitude because it's so [censored] cold up there at 30,000 feet! A squirt of anti-freeze into the bottles will solve that problem.

XXXNoahXXX 11-08-2007 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget that anything under 10% alcohol will freeze at cruising altitude because it's so [censored] cold up there at 30,000 feet! A squirt of anti-freeze into the bottles will solve that problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

TITCR.

my friends do this when they go ice fishing so it doesn't melt in their little hut. They call it winter warmer.

wdogg40 11-08-2007 12:55 PM

OP, if you dont know someone who has a connection to alcohol at home I doubt you have enough friends to constitute throwing a party.

If you have no friends and just want to get drunk by yourself while you play Mario Party just say so.

En Passant 11-08-2007 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP, if you dont know someone who has a connection to alcohol at home I doubt you have enough friends to constitute throwing a party.

If you have no friends and just want to get drunk by yourself while you play Mario Party just say so.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is mean, but, it does add up.

sixfour 11-08-2007 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ive flown with glass bottles of alcohol, they wont break

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. If anything they'll break because baggage handlers are lazy/careless.

NozeCandy 11-08-2007 04:26 PM

Guys I just called Delta and they said that untapped kegs were allowed in checked luggage, but you'd have to pay if it's over 50 lbs. They also said that they probably wouldn't burst either. That said, we should have a kegger at the airport to get the keg under 50 lbs, untap it, then check that bitch. Party resumes at baggage claim.

O Fen�meno 11-08-2007 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys I just called Delta and they said that untapped kegs were allowed in checked luggage, but you'd have to pay if it's over 50 lbs. They also said that they probably wouldn't burst either. That said, we should have a kegger at the airport to get the keg under 50 lbs, untap it, then check that bitch. Party resumes at baggage claim.

[/ QUOTE ]give me an airport and i will be there

mahgeetah 11-08-2007 07:19 PM

ok... i don't feel like an idiot anymore because everyone's saying different stuff does/doesn't burst. why all the hate?

NozeCandy 11-08-2007 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok... i don't feel like an idiot anymore because everyone's saying different stuff does/doesn't burst. why all the hate?

[/ QUOTE ]
God this is the best thread ever.

dkgojackets 11-08-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Worst case scenario, if you got 'caught' somehow, just tell them it's a present for your father that you had your buddy buy you and you didn't know it was a problem. This won't happen though.

[/ QUOTE ]

this has got to be one of the worst excuses ever

Pigslice 11-08-2007 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh not really. just cause you threw parties with alcohol before doesn't mean you have connections to alcohol all over the place.

and for what its worth, i have connections, but they include a highschool dropout who lives with his mom while working at garden ridge who was also f'ed up on x three nights in a row last time i asked him to buy for me and a girl with the worst fake id that would only be accepted in terrible overpriced stores. but its a bit easier to say i have no connections dont ya think?

qdmcg 11-09-2007 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh not really. just cause you threw parties with alcohol before doesn't mean you have connections to alcohol all over the place.

and for what its worth, i have connections, but they include a highschool dropout who lives with his mom while working at garden ridge who was also f'ed up on x three nights in a row last time i asked him to buy for me and a girl with the worst fake id that would only be accepted in terrible overpriced stores. but its a bit easier to say i have no connections dont ya think?

[/ QUOTE ]

is this really real

Pigslice 11-09-2007 12:49 AM

yes, why would i make that up?
i wouldnt have had to mention it until some dick thought it would be cool to take a jab at me

Ganjasaurus Rex 11-09-2007 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, why would i make that up?
i wouldnt have had to mention it until some dick thought it would be cool to take a jab at me

[/ QUOTE ]
You're just providing more ammo when you describe the only two friends you have in the world. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

AceLuby 11-09-2007 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These seem like the connections any 18 yr old has... I always thought it was funny that I could find weed easier than alcohol when I was 17-19.