Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Looking for Large Chart to Hang on Wall (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540195)

ThatsNotFunny 11-07-2007 01:25 AM

Looking for Large Chart to Hang on Wall

Hello all. I'm new to the forum, so please excuse if this post is not in the proper forum location.

I'm looking for a chart that lists the top pre-flop hands by percentage, e.g. top 20% of all hands, etc. It should be poster size (preferably larger). Can someone tell me who makes such products?

Thank you.

dave88 11-07-2007 02:42 AM

Re: Looking for Large Chart to Hang on Wall

Is that really going to help?

SNOWBALL 11-07-2007 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is that really going to help?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's meant to be purely decorative. You know, to impress the ladies.

Hahndo 11-07-2007 04:23 AM

http://professionalpoker.com/IP.php?...p;productID=10

I think this might be what you are looking for. You might also want to look at this site to order any poker related books that you want, they have very fast shipping and I have never had a problem with them ( I've dealt with them for at least 3 years). Mike is also a poster here on 2+2. I hope this works for ya, and good luck.

Point Point 11-07-2007 04:26 AM

Yes, there is one available but you have to find a way to contact the creator in order to request a 40 inch by 60 inch version of what he has available on sale that you can frame and hang on your wall. Here is his 6 max starting hand guide:

Six Max Starting Hand Chart

Please request for a poster version.

Humble Pie 11-07-2007 06:35 AM

When I first started playing poker I made a 'periodic table' of hand rankings, I thought it was the coolest thing ever at the time.

jeffnc 11-07-2007 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, there is one available but you have to find a way to contact the creator

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be, what, praying?

jeffnc 11-07-2007 10:00 AM

Not sure how big this is, but this might be more valuable to you.
http://www.internettexasholdem.com/catal...fe4e9f43b35ce09

ThatsNotFunny 11-07-2007 10:48 PM

Thanks to those of you who had something helpful to add.

What I'm looking for is something different: A chart that shows the top pre-flop hands in the form of a percentage, e.g. top 10% of hands, top 20%...

Eponymous 11-07-2007 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to those of you who had something helpful to add.

What I'm looking for is something different: A chart that shows the top pre-flop hands in the form of a percentage, e.g. top 10% of hands, top 20%...

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess why. You're playing online with PokerTracker and some kind of heads-up display on your opponents. So when you see that someone's VP$IP is 20%, you want to look up and see what range of hands he might be holding.

steamboatin 11-08-2007 01:29 AM

I would find a small one online or buy one and have Kinko's or somebody enlarge it. Hope that isn't a copyright violation or some other transgression. I am clueless but if you buy it shouldn't it be okay to have it enlarged for your own use?

Point Point 11-08-2007 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would find a small one online or buy one and have Kinko's or somebody enlarge it. Hope that isn't a copyright violation or some other transgression. I am clueless but if you buy it shouldn't it be okay to have it enlarged for your own use?

[/ QUOTE ]

...or he can have the chart hand painted in China. These guys charge less than 50 bucks for an exact copy of a Van Gogh or a Monet, and probably less than 20 bucks for a Mondrian. I'm sure a chart would be cheap as well.

ras52 11-08-2007 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It should be poster size.

[/ QUOTE ]
And what is your size? Michael Schofield may be able to recommend a tattoo artist...

[ QUOTE ]
So when you see that someone's VP$IP is 20%, you want to look up and see what range of hands he might be holding.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, but that presupposes that he's playing the top 20%. It ain't necessarily so!

SuperUberBob 11-09-2007 06:21 AM

I collect periodic tables from my science class. I show them off to the girls that visit my room. Just mentioning Einsteinium gets them wet.

ThatsNotFunny 11-09-2007 09:57 PM

The Kinkos idea isn't bad. Where can I get some small charts that list starting hands in the form of percentages?

deepdowntruth 11-10-2007 12:46 AM

It's not hard to formulate such a chart. You'll learn a lot by doing the work yourself.

daveT 11-10-2007 01:00 AM

I agree with making your own. The chart would be helpful if you are using ICM or SAGE, especially if you are multi-tabling. If you are using it to figure out people's ranges, remember that their idea of top 20% is not always top 20% in a classical sense.

ThatsNotFunny 11-10-2007 04:47 AM

No idea what SAGE or ICM is. :-P

ThatsNotFunny 11-10-2007 04:51 AM

Can what I'm looking for be derived using EV values, such as those from this table?
http://www.tightpoker.com/poker_hands.html

daveT 11-10-2007 03:25 PM

How in Gods Green Earth is 72o better than 72s?

AJackson 11-10-2007 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You have two chances at flush instead of one, ldo

Eponymous 11-11-2007 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It must be because this table is based on actual statistics on how people play these cards (not how they should). Everyone knows not to play 72o, so it's hardly ever played, which means they lose the minimum with it. It seems that some people are playing hands like 72s and 32s (at least under some conditions), so they're throwing away money trying make flushes with these awful cards. This makes their average EV even lower than hands people muck without thinking about it. I know I will play any 2 suited cards from the small blind if there are enough limpers. So the times that 72s is voluntarily played adds to its negative EV.

choccypie 11-11-2007 08:15 AM

Get pokerstove, get it to calculate top 20% of hands, make a poster yourself. Job done and won't cost you much [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

daveT 11-11-2007 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It must be because this table is based on actual statistics on how people play these cards (not how they should). Everyone knows not to play 72o, so it's hardly ever played, which means they lose the minimum with it. It seems that some people are playing hands like 72s and 32s (at least under some conditions), so they're throwing away money trying make flushes with these awful cards. This makes their average EV even lower than hands people muck without thinking about it. I know I will play any 2 suited cards from the small blind if there are enough limpers. So the times that 72s is voluntarily played adds to its negative EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose that A2 is a better hand than AA, because it is easier to lay down after the flop once you miss. I think yo are correct in your analysis of this chart. It says that QT > KQ, A9s > AJo. This chart is rediculous, please don't use it, unless you are playing me.

czyivn 11-13-2007 03:29 PM

That chart isn't a chart of what's best, it's a chart of what people win and lose the most money with. If you're playing heads up, A2o is way better than 32o, but that chart has it as a worse hand than 32o. It's because people with ace fever overplay it, losing lots of money. As a chart, it's more useful as an indicator of herd psychology than as a guide to what you should be playing.