Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Testosterone Question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539984)

coopersmydog 11-06-2007 08:27 PM

Testosterone Question

I feel dumb posting this on a poker forum, but I can't find a decent message board for low testosterone. Figured someone in here may be able to answer some questions.

I just had my T level tested and it was low. It was 203 and normal is like 280-900. From the quick research I've done it looks like my only option is to use testosterone replacement therapy. Probably something like Testim or Androgel.

I have a lot of symptoms of low T, but I'd like to know what kind of a difference this stuff make. I go to a urologist in a couple weeks, but I'm impatient.

My symptoms are:
No sex drive
Lethargy
Brain Fog (if you have it, you know what I mean)
Difficulty building muscle
Obese
etc.

Basically, I'm a walking checklist. Does anyone know what the T replacement will help and what it will not? For example, I have very little body hair, am I going to grow significantly more hair? Will it aid in weight loss? Etc.

Oh yeah, I'm 28 if that matters.

Thremp 11-06-2007 08:32 PM

Re: Testosterone Question

Its juice.

coopersmydog 11-06-2007 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its juice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. But what is going to fix and what is not going to fix. I'm 340lbs, so I'm not exactly going to be using it to "juice".

Thremp 11-06-2007 08:51 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testost...terone_effects

PLOlover 11-06-2007 10:59 PM

why don't you eat healthy, take vitamins and stuff first?

I mean, if you're super zinc depleted, won't that impair testosterone? (or just sperm?).

also maybe you borderline diabetic did you get that checked? (goes with very poor diet).

also did you get your iodine levels checked? probably low thyroid function (goes with poor diet). also fluoride is iodine antagonist so cut out all fluoride and get water filter with fluoride scrubber (big berkey with fluoride filter addon) .

just some thoughts.

Rootabager 11-07-2007 01:07 AM

Ask your doctor all this stuff. He will be able to give you a better answer. Sounds like it should be great for you though. You will prob lose some weight.

mperich 11-07-2007 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ask your doctor al this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

for suuure. he will know a lot more about it and the sides than anyone on here (or even experienced steroid users) im guessing this would be a good thing for you tho

-Mike

kevin017 11-07-2007 05:57 AM

yes, it will improve all of these things. better libido, mood, energy, bone density, encourage lower fat % and higher muscle %, sexual characteristics like body hair, etc.

i don't really know about side effects. i'd imagine the side effects will be trivial compared to the benefits.

Parallax 11-07-2007 11:13 AM

Agree with all of the above posters. You are much better off talking to your doctor about HRT than anyone on here. Ignore Thremp's comment, HRT does not equal "juicing". You legitimately have low T levels and your doc could also suggest diet and exercise routines that will help you lose weight. 200 (ng/dl I'm assuming) is very low for a 28 year old, so HRT should be very beneficial for you.

To directly answer your questions, you will build muscle easier and probably grow more body hair. It will not help with weight loss, but it might indirectly as you will hit the gym more and hopefully reshape your diet. GL.

Wynton 11-07-2007 12:15 PM

General article on testosterone

cbloom 11-07-2007 12:35 PM

How is it not juicing? It's the exact same thing. Obv it's better if you don't go nuts and try to drive your level way beyond normal ranges, but "normal" is different for everyone, we don't know anything about the general health of the rest of his system.

[ QUOTE ]

From the quick research I've done it looks like my only option is to use testosterone replacement therapy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why you would come to that conclusion. There are plenty of natural ways to increase test and reasons why yours might be low. Have you talked to your doctor about that or researched that?

Are you overweight? Are you working out with heavy weights? Are you on any medication? Do you eat an excessive amount of eggs or soy? Are you on a zinc supplement? Do you get at least 25g of fat a day?

etc. etc. I'm sure a doc could look into other factors as well such as your thyroid hormone levels and perhaps a testes exam.

Oh, I see you put "lethargy" and "obese" on there. Those are as much causes of low test as they are symptoms.

bwana devil 11-07-2007 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My symptoms are:
No sex drive
Lethargy
Obese
etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you depressed? most of these are symptoms of depression.

kevin017 11-07-2007 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My symptoms are:
No sex drive
Lethargy
Obese
etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

as far as i know, depression is a symptom of low testosterone, but low testosterone can't be caused by depression. but this is all relative, because

cbloom is right. if you lose weight, exercise, and make slight adjustments to your diet your testosterone level will improve. obv your doctor will know a ton more, but a testosterone shot isn't an easy fix, you need to help yourself out some too.

coopersmydog 11-07-2007 08:31 PM

I'll be discussing all of this with the Urologist on 11/16. Just figured I'd get some opinions up front because I'm impatient.

Thanks for helping me out everyone.

coopersmydog 11-07-2007 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why don't you eat healthy, take vitamins and stuff first?

I mean, if you're super zinc depleted, won't that impair testosterone? (or just sperm?).

also maybe you borderline diabetic did you get that checked? (goes with very poor diet).

also did you get your iodine levels checked? probably low thyroid function (goes with poor diet). also fluoride is iodine antagonist so cut out all fluoride and get water filter with fluoride scrubber (big berkey with fluoride filter addon) .

just some thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been tested for diabetes multiple times, always fine. Thyroid is fine. My lipid tests came back fine.

I know it sounds ridiculous for someone that's as fat I am to say, but my diet isn't that bad. It isn't great, but I'm not consuming 10,000 calories/day or anything.

When I was ~ 12 (probably starting puberty) all of the sudden I started gaining a lot of weight. I was very athletic when I was younger. From the age of 11 until I was 16 I played basketball on various select teams, etc. I played high school football until my Junior year.

However, despite all the running and lifting I did I never really "matured" physically. I just continued to gain weight, much of it fat. My athletic abilities hid the fact that I wasn't as strong as I should be.

For example. I weighed 220 lbs my freshman year. I started varsity but only could bench ~ 180 lbs.

Anyway, I've always felt like there was something causing the problems I was having, but I could never get a doctor to listen to me.

Then, the other day I was at the doctor said I had no sex drive, and she tested my testosterone. I started researching and had a bunch of questions. Then posted here, etc.

coopersmydog 11-07-2007 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My symptoms are:
No sex drive
Lethargy
Obese
etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Been down that road. It's not depression (doesn't everyone say that?). Honestly, I went through a 10 month stint of pretty serious depression, I'm not depressed right now.

PLOlover 11-07-2007 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been tested for diabetes multiple times, always fine. Thyroid is fine. My lipid tests came back fine.

I know it sounds ridiculous for someone that's as fat I am to say, but my diet isn't that bad. It isn't great, but I'm not consuming 10,000 calories/day or anything.

When I was ~ 12 (probably starting puberty) all of the sudden I started gaining a lot of weight. I was very athletic when I was younger. From the age of 11 until I was 16 I played basketball on various select teams, etc. I played high school football until my Junior year.

However, despite all the running and lifting I did I never really "matured" physically. I just continued to gain weight, much of it fat. My athletic abilities hid the fact that I wasn't as strong as I should be.

For example. I weighed 220 lbs my freshman year. I started varsity but only could bench ~ 180 lbs.

Anyway, I've always felt like there was something causing the problems I was having, but I could never get a doctor to listen to me.

Then, the other day I was at the doctor said I had no sex drive, and she tested my testosterone. I started researching and had a bunch of questions. Then posted here, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

google fat or someting, I think fat itself makes estrogen or something, maybe that would keep your test down.

environmental estrogen(like) stuff is out there too (plastics, some foods)

maybe u just gay. lol. jk.

did u get a sperm count too?

PLOlover 11-07-2007 09:10 PM

post stuff you eat every day. do you smoke pot?

coopersmydog 11-07-2007 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Breakfast - Sausage and Egg biscuit from McDonalds and OJ.
Typically no lunch, but I drink a fukton of water throughout the day.

Dinner - generally grill chicken breasts, pork chops, a steak, etc. Frozen corn, sometimes rice or potatoes.

Maybe a couple times a week I eat a snack between dinner and bed. That would consist of some cookies and a glass of 2% milk.

Like I said, I eat like poo, but my calorie intake is relatively low for a fatboy.

coopersmydog 11-07-2007 09:16 PM

no pot, but I'm on adderal XR (sp?). 40mg daily.

coopersmydog 11-07-2007 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

google fat or someting, I think fat itself makes estrogen or something, maybe that would keep your test down.

environmental estrogen(like) stuff is out there too (plastics, some foods)

maybe u just gay. lol. jk.

did u get a sperm count too?

[/ QUOTE ]

It took my wife and I about 3 years to get her pregnant. I had my sperm checked once, it was on the low end of normal.

PLOlover 11-07-2007 10:48 PM

switch to fish/mediterranean diet for a while (no dairy), no fast food, no drinking/eating from plastic, take a multivitamin that has iodine, fish oil, buy a water filter (big berkey with fluoride filter addon). should probably do it seriously. not sure of adderall effects though. but one point, you said you drink lots of water, well fluoride in water at 1ppm was based on the consideration that 1 gallon of water per day was the maximum anyone would ever drink. so really, switching to non fluoride toothpaste (or just baking soda/peroxide) and drinking filtered water ( or just get distilled water in plastic jugs although the plastic might leech estrogenlikes but )

also I read where one guy ate a lot of chicken and they gave the chikens hormones , (in pellets) , and the guy would eat the pellets or something and he grew breasts (estrogen in pellets).

btw, fish oil makes hard like rock. get the bottle and take a couple tablesppons a day.

PLOlover 11-07-2007 10:48 PM

also don't jerk off

Thremp 11-07-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also don't jerk off

[/ QUOTE ]

????????

PLOlover 11-07-2007 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
????????

[/ QUOTE ]

he married, how much ejac. does he need to spray?

also though the main reason not to go on test. is that it is in a feedback loop, so your testes will stop making it if you shoot it. this is unlike, say, melatonin, which is the product of a light/sleep/wake cycle, but doesn't feed back into it.

also ginseng, (chinese or korean, real ginseng, not siberian), might help, ginseng makes me horny/more ejac volume, but other people don't report it.

Thremp 11-07-2007 11:04 PM

PLO,

I don't know WTF you are talking about. But if you are in any way/shape/form saying not to whack it or get ass, I detest you.

PLOlover 11-07-2007 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PLO,

I don't know WTF you are talking about. But if you are in any way/shape/form saying not to whack it or get ass, I detest you.

[/ QUOTE ]

well the problem with wacking it (I was a great connesseaur of the wacking), is that often times you will initiate the wack anticipating the pleasure, but before your body is signalling strength via hard like rock. in that case I honestly feel you can deplete your body in some way. I'm just saying don't put the cart before the horse. with a real woman it's kinda hard to make taht mistake.

Thremp 11-07-2007 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PLO,

[/ QUOTE ]

well the problem with wacking it (I was a great connesseaur of the wacking), is that often times you will initiate the wack anticipating the pleasure, but before your body is signalling strength via hard like rock. in that case I honestly feel you can deplete your body in some way. I'm just saying don't put the cart before the horse. with a real woman it's kinda hard to make taht mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I thought you were kidding for a while. Instead this is totally idiotic. WTF are you depleting yourself of? Not having a chafed [censored], a really sore forearm, no lotion???

PLOlover 11-07-2007 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I thought you were kidding for a while. Instead this is totally idiotic. WTF are you depleting yourself of? Not having a chafed [censored], a really sore forearm, no lotion???

[/ QUOTE ]

well I don't think a 21 year old can ejaculate too much, but for an older person or an unhealthy 28 year old with symptoms, it can put a strain on a person's body and deplete resources to wack off multiple times a day.

honestly, I wouldn't steer you wrong except by mistake, and I'm a total expert on the wack, so no chance of that.

also add in some heath food store kelp or something for iodine, that can't hurt either.

iodine
zinc
ginseng
fish/med diet
no milk
no chicken
no fast food
bottle fish oil
no jerkk
distilled water only
multivitamin
don't eat/drink out of plastic
no fluoride toothpaste

tell your wife you need to yell at her to be strong like ape, then yell at her every once in a while then instead of apologizing sex her

adderall probably bad for you get off that too, probably exhausting your adrenals or something.

a good pooper wouldn't hurt, psyllium seed husks will give you that big poop that a real man can be proud of.

also scream at top of lungs once per day for loud like bull feelking.

ginko 11-08-2007 12:45 AM

J Zhejiang Univ Sci. 2003 Mar-Apr;4(2):236-40. Related Articles, Links
Click here to read
A research on the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men.

Jiang M, Xin J, Zou Q, Shen JW.

Department of Life Science, Hangzhou Normal College, Hangzhou 310020, China. jiangmy@mail.hz.zj.cn

The purpose of this study is to gain understanding of the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men. The serum testosterone concentrations of 28 volunteers were investigated daily during abstinence periods after ejaculation for two phases. The authors found that the fluctuations of testosterone levels from the 2nd to 5th day of abstinence were minimal. On the 7th day of abstinence, however, a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline ( P < 0.01). No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak. Ejaculation is the precondition and beginning of the special periodic serum testosterone level variations, which would not occur without ejaculation. The results showed that ejaculation-caused variations were characterized by a peak on the 7th day of abstinence; and that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum. These data are the first to document the phenomenon of the periodic change in serum testosterone level; the correlation between ejaculation and periodic change in the serum testosterone level, and the pattern and characteristics of the periodic change.

Publication Types:

* Clinical Trial
* Randomized Controlled Trial

PMID: 12659241 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

PLOlover 11-08-2007 12:54 AM

yeah seven days cause that's about how long his woman out of action period wise.

best guess anyways.

shemp 11-08-2007 06:52 PM

Okay. So in the interests of science I'm going to refrain from masturbating for 7 days.

shemp 11-08-2007 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay. So in the interests of science I'm going to refrain from masturbating for 7 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Due to recent developments beyond my control, I'm going to postpone commencing the experiment until tomorrow.

johnnyrocket 11-08-2007 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its juice.

[/ QUOTE ]

try it out, just make sure you learn about PCT (post cycle therapy) so that your test levels dont drop after you get off to a lower than original level

kevin017 11-08-2007 09:47 PM

sex in general helps increase testosterone levels.

PLOlover 11-09-2007 03:38 AM

guy called into bubba show during doc segment , about your level (230) and doc on show said he could get to 500 no problem being more healthy (eating, supplements, etc.), and warned about going on test cause then you have to be on it for life (what he said).

doc didn't really elaborate on exactly how to eat/be healthier.

10/18 show I'm a little backlogged, bubba the lovesponge show

shemp 11-09-2007 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Due to recent developments beyond my control, I'm going to postpone commencing the experiment until tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

After a bit of reflection, this doesn't seem like the kind of thing you begin on a Friday, so I will postpone beginning the experiment until Monday.

Thremp 11-09-2007 11:38 AM

Please don't trip report unless it involves a younger woman's face and Jackson Pollock in the same sentence.

kahntrutahn 11-09-2007 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this affect Test levels? If so, how?

PLOlover 11-09-2007 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Does this affect Test levels? If so, how?

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't regular pot smoking decrease sperm count? I just figured <sperm would go along with <test.

probably some studies that would back that up I'm pretty sure.