Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   PokerStars Freeroll Cheapness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539682)

Qrawl 11-06-2007 01:17 PM

PokerStars Freeroll Cheapness

Why is PokerStars so cheap when it comes to freerolls? And now Fulltilt? Didn't FullTilt used to have freerolls every 3 hours? Now it looks like they're and only having 1 a day, or am I mistaken. It disgusts me to see how cheap PokerStars is when it comes to freerolls compared to every other site on the planet. Why do you all play there? Or am I just overlooking lots of freerolls, since it's hard to navigate the list of tournaments in the clients. Am I wrong for wondering why should I play a cheapass Hubble just to qualify for a later tournament that I could play any day at other sites without having to waste 8 hours on a satellite tourney. SO CHEAP

These are great sites with freerolls that I know of offhand:
Bodog
Doyle's Room
Ultimate Bet
Carbon

(I guess I should mention Absolute Poker, since I've never seen potripper playing the freerolls)

Sorry to FullTilt poker if I'm mistaken and they still have a freeroll every 3 hours, but from what I could make out, they're gone.

plzleenowhammy 11-06-2007 01:21 PM

Re: FullTilt and PokerStars Freeroll Cheapness

just ask someone to give you 10 bucks or something... it will be more successful than playing 3k player tournaments for hours.

Qrawl 11-06-2007 01:24 PM

Re: FullTilt and PokerStars Freeroll Cheapness

I think freerolls are good ways of starting a bankroll. By the time you make any money on a freeroll, you've proven you can win. Yes, I realize the play style is different, but you still learn a ton of things. If someone just gave me 10 bucks in the beginning, I would've just lost it and not appreciated the value of it.

Bakes 11-06-2007 01:24 PM

Re: PokerStars Freeroll Cheapness

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you all play there?

[/ QUOTE ]

cuz we dont play freerolls [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

augie_ 11-06-2007 01:26 PM

the reason pokerstars isn't handing money out to you is because they are saving it for players who play on their site. i believe stars gives away the most freeroll money of any site...you just have to earn a few fpps to play them.

BrandiFan 11-06-2007 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you all play there?

[/ QUOTE ]

cuz we dont play freerolls [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Really? And all this time I thought you were the 100+r FPP baller...

Qrawl 11-06-2007 01:27 PM

Yeah you do. The Hubbles fill up fast. It's hilarious.

Qrawl 11-06-2007 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the reason pokerstars isn't handing money out to you is because they are saving it for players who play on their site. i believe stars gives away the most freeroll money of any site...you just have to earn a few fpps to play them.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, not even close. Right now , for US players, they basically have 1 freeroll a week you can play, the Negreanu Millions qualifier, which is a good freeroll, but you can only play it once a week. So you have 1 chance a week at that. After that, it's back to ... Hubbles

Would it put that big of a dent in PokerStars balance sheet to throw in $100 into the Hubbles?

SofaKing420 11-06-2007 01:33 PM

OP. Freerolls be un balla get some dolllahs yo!

augie_ 11-06-2007 01:37 PM

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/tournaments/freerolls/

i was simply answering your question as to why pokerstars doesn't give away a lot of free money to people like you. they are very generous to players who pay rake on their site. get a paper route and deposit $10, that will be more than enough to grind out 30 fpps per day at...what's the polar opposite of "nosebleed" stakes

gobbomom 11-06-2007 01:40 PM

I'm playing freerolls for the same reasons as the OP: you learn alot. I don't really want to play with money yet until I get better, but it does kinda suck that the fields are so big. Also, Qrawl, you are missing quite a few; Stars has about 6 a day, FT has 3 or so.

Qrawl 11-06-2007 01:43 PM

I'm in the US. What are the 6 I can play that don't require buyin fees (i.e. fpps)?

BrandiFan 11-06-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
get a paper route and deposit $10

[/ QUOTE ]

augie_ 11-06-2007 01:46 PM

Jimmy will play $10,000 poker tournaments but he won't even stake his own mother?!?! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Qrawl 11-06-2007 01:47 PM

Yeah, I know PokerStars doesn't owe me anything. Just wondering why they're so cheap. Would it really hurt them to throw a few crumbs to the Hubbles players, like maybe add $50 to the prize pool?

BrandiFan 11-06-2007 01:48 PM

mine was directed toward both OP and Gobbomom [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ontario_Tory 11-06-2007 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing freerolls for the same reasons as the OP: you learn alot. I don't really want to play with money yet until I get better, but it does kinda suck that the fields are so big. Also, Qrawl, you are missing quite a few; Stars has about 6 a day, FT has 3 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he knows about them (the Hubbles) - he's just looking for freerolls that pay cash instantly.

OP - Stars has plenty of freerolls, in my opinion, just you have to have a few FPP's to play 'em. For example, they have a few 10 FPP tourneys with a prize pool of $500 every night.

Then on Saturdays and Sundays there are tourneys for 50 FPPs with a $2000 prize pool.

It just means you have to collect some FPPs first.

You asked why we play at stars - the answer is pretty simple. They reward people that play at stars with freerolls. I can play - on Saturdays - a freeroll with a $20k prize pool. It doesn't have 10,000 clowns in it who have never played with any real money - it's got real players in it. (ok - it's got clowns who HAVE played with real money...)

OT

BrandiFan 11-06-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I know PokerStars doesn't owe me anything. Just wondering why they're so cheap. Would it really hurt them to throw a few crumbs to the Hubbles players, like maybe add $50 to the prize pool?

[/ QUOTE ]why? as you said they fill really fast as is...

Ontario_Tory 11-06-2007 01:50 PM

OP - you posted asking about freerolls that don't cost FPPs. I can't help you there - but the fact that they do cost a few FPPs is what makes them attractive to me.

The Full Tilt freerolls that fill up in 15 seconds used to make me crazy...

OT

Qrawl 11-06-2007 01:51 PM

The trick to entering the FullTilt ones (when they had them) was just click Spacebar+Enter . No mouse needed

augie_ 11-06-2007 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The trick to entering the FullTilt ones (when they had them) was just click Spacebar+Enter . No mouse needed

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. those freeroll players are a crafty bunch!

Qrawl 11-06-2007 01:55 PM

What. I didn't know about that until someone told me.

BananaDan 11-06-2007 02:32 PM

Kinda funny talking about the sites being cheap when you´re the one demanding something for nothing.

Nate. 11-06-2007 02:44 PM

Everyone--

How are more people not discussing Gobbomom's addition to this thread? Am I so far out of the loop that this is very old news?

Gobbomom--

Gogogogogogogogogo!

--Nate

shat4brains 11-06-2007 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kinda funny talking about the sites being cheap when you´re the one demanding something for nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Qrawl 11-06-2007 03:18 PM

Yeah, I meant to put a disclaimer in my first post: Please don't post things like "Kinda funny talking about the sites being cheap when you´re the one demanding something for nothing". zzz

BrandiFan 11-06-2007 03:26 PM

http://www.washpost.com/circulation/...es/route.shtml

Qrawl 11-06-2007 03:33 PM

You can't make money with paper routes anymore. Gas prices too high, plus car expenses, fewer subscribers, etc. Not worth it.

umistboy 11-06-2007 04:20 PM

The main reason that sites giveaway in freerolls is to attract more new players. Pokerstars are by far the biggest poker room in on-line history.

Why they bothered about giving away even more in freerolls?

Rupert 11-06-2007 05:28 PM

They do have bigger freerolls, you just have to scratch their back before they scratch yours: http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/tournaments/freerolls

gobbomom 11-06-2007 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone--

How are more people not discussing Gobbomom's addition to this thread? Am I so far out of the loop that this is very old news?

Gobbomom--

Gogogogogogogogogo!

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you, thank you, thank you Nate.

Augie: I just started playing last week while he was in Canada. He watched me a coupla times. Now that he's home, I'll take all the advice he wants to give, but I'm going to earn my own way.

ughaulkghalugh 11-06-2007 05:45 PM

lol @ why do you all play there

because we are not all busto freeroll artists???

BananaDan 11-06-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They do have bigger freerolls, you just have to scratch their back before they scratch yours: http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/tournaments/freerolls

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh right, had completely forgotten about these. I´m Platinum and haven´t played one of these even once.
Are they worth the time?

Dunkman 11-06-2007 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gobbomom, I respect that you want to start from the bottom and work your way up, but just by hanging around here and listening to your son I'm 100% sure that you know enough to beat small stakes tourneys. And if not, I'm pretty sure you can afford to drop a few hundred learning. I just can't imagine how rough it must be playing those 10000 person freerolls for like $10...I think you'd be happier (and learn more) playing 4/180s or something.

gobbomom 11-06-2007 07:44 PM

thanks Dunkman for the advice. I have considered that, and I think I might go that route in about a week or two, but I really am learning alot. Jimmy just told me about blind stuff last night and pot odds tonight. So, I want to apply that. It is super frustrating to play 12000 people. But I came in 238, so that felt good.

DaExMan 11-06-2007 08:46 PM

Gobbomom can i stake you for the 10$ 100k on sundays? 60/40 in my favour.

gobbomom 11-06-2007 09:21 PM

I'm not ready yet, but thanks for the offer. I don't want to lose somebody else's money.

augie_ 11-07-2007 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not ready yet, but thanks for the offer. I don't want to lose somebody else's money.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the sunday 100k. what does poker skill have to do with anything?

getterdone36 11-07-2007 12:33 AM

go gobbomon, your so lucky to have teacher in house!!! so jealous